Bug Hall of Fame points are not registering correctly on multiple tables

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
I haven't got any news on this, I think we'll have to wait and see if there are any changes to this with a new update to TPA. I'll put out a new email to TPA support if this is not the case. I still hope that I got through on this one, but it may be an insignificant matter to TPA with them being busy to get stuff out on new platforms. When I hear something personally, I'll post it immediately!

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Just bumping this thread and updating a little bit: with every new version of TPA since posting this, I have politely asked for any news about fixing this issue. I started to include the horrible game-crashing POTO bug also, which must take precedence over these HOF-issues. I haven't had any response after that first mail in which the promise was made to forward the HOF issues to Q&A for further review. Nothing new to see here, but still problems with rollovers.

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
I would love to help reproduce this bug, but even if I use a table I bought with pro mode and use ball control to fake a score high enough to roll the score over, the fact that I used ball control will disable the code that submits a score to the Hall of Fame code.

How can us mere mortals reproduce this behavior?

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
Add BK2K to the list:

Black Knight 2000
Hall of Fame Target Score: 75,000,000,000
Rollover Limit: 100,000,000,000
1,000 Hall of Fame points possible with a score greater than *75,000,000,000 but less than *100,000,000,000

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
I really don't like it when you are going on a great run and closing in on 100 M or some other limit and you have to decide whether to go for the leaderboards OR the HOF-points. I usually go for the leaderboards but can be really bummed out if I land on like 102 M after that :/

Great job, Toolinit! It would great to have the whole list as a CSV or something so one could check easier.

How did you get the target scores? Just calculated them from your HOF-points or are they available somewhere?

Maggie

Jan 8, 2015
I really don't like it when you are going on a great run and closing in on 100 M or some other limit and you have to decide whether to go for the leaderboards OR the HOF-points. I usually go for the leaderboards but can be really bummed out if I land on like 102 M after that :/

Great job, Toolinit! It would great to have the whole list as a CSV or something so one could check easier.

How did you get the target scores? Just calculated them from your HOF-points or are they available somewhere?

I've only hit this situation once, and I went for the HOF points, but it required ditching a really great game of CftBL -- hit 1000 HOF limit on first ball with at least two extra balls banked. That sort of thing is very rare for me, and was probably my best shot at a top 100 score.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013

All HOF scores are listed on this topic, and have been confirmed by FlippyFloppy.

http://digitalpinballfans.com/showt...ble-Goals-Master-List-amp-Hall-of-Fame-Scores

or here: http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/8563-hall-of-fame-points?p=161849&viewfull=1#post161849

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
I've only hit this situation once, and I went for the HOF points, but it required ditching a really great game of CftBL -- hit 1000 HOF limit on first ball with at least two extra balls banked. That sort of thing is very rare for me, and was probably my best shot at a top 100 score.

CFTBL is a very doable repeat. and usually doesn't require all day to get to that score, but some of the other tables, ugh!

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
Add CBW to the list:

Cue Ball Wizard
Hall of Fame Target Score: 17,000,000,000
Rollover Limit: 10,000,000,000
Currently impossible to achieve 1,000 Hall of Fame points.

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
Good find Gus, although sad to see the list growing. So it caps at 588 points?

Yes I believe so depending on how the calculation is rounded off. I bailed out at 19.98x B and got 587 HOF points (credit for 9.98x B). Even though it says 1000 HOF points awarded on the screen when the score is posted. Same behaviour as the other tables where the full score is posted to the global leaderboard but the rollover score is subtracted on the local leaderboard.

RSchwantner

FarSight Employee
Aug 4, 2014
Restore HOF points from the Options menu might be a good current workaround. It will restore HOf point based on your leaderboard scores.
As long as the rollovers posted properly to leaderboards, the local points should calculate.

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
Restore HOF points from the Options menu might be a good current workaround. It will restore HOf point based on your leaderboard scores.
As long as the rollovers posted properly to leaderboards, the local points should calculate.

Really? Wow that would be awesome! I was wondering what that button does. I'll try it later today and let you know if it worked for me.

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
[MENTION=4640]RSchwantner[/MENTION] It did work :) got 1k points on CBW and 680 something on WW which wasn't possible before. Nice!! I think I lost some points on BK(?). Haven't played that in ages, but shouldn't be a problem to get back. Thumbs up for adding that button!

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
Checked a few more table scores. I got 1k on Diner as well now. This thread can probably be closed with this addition. Good job!

RSchwantner

FarSight Employee
Aug 4, 2014
Super stoked to hear.
Any lost points will be because you set your high HOF score with a bad internet connection and didn't post a leaderboard score.
But so long as you leaderboards reflect your high scores, the system works well.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
If this works (and it sounds like it does), hugs for everybody and especially RSchwantner!

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Well, here are the promised hugs :) HOF point restore button is working again, with some additional help from Safecracker, it put me over 40K HOF points for the first time! Great job fixing this!

On a side note: the HOF highscore table seems to be cleaned up but is not updating and at the risk of upsetting somebody, I don't believe that 57K by Wollesch is legit, maybe a hack, maybe a score from a single table gone astray? The reason is that while it's theoretically possible, it's just too good, but more importantly, the score came out of nowhere a couple of months ago when we were not even at 57 tables, and most of the top 10 are players that have gradually stormed the boards and we didn't see this player coming at all. Anyway, my two cents about this and I stand happily corrected if it is legit, I will be totally in awe....

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts