Williams Pinball Classics by System 3 (what?!!!)

Frostyglitch

Apr 3, 2012
According to Major Nelson's blog, UK publisher and developer System 3 is re-packaging and releasing FarSight's Williams Pinball Hall of Fame on all the platforms. I find this to be a very odd move all the way around. Just when I thought FarSight was trying to build a brand with this new Pinball Arcade...they allow System 3 to release 13 tables all at once?! Very strange indeed...where's the incentive for people to buy 2 copies of these tables? If they buy the collection, they likely won't buy again on TPA. On top of everything else, no announcement at all from FarSight about this.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
Um, they already did this a long time ago. That's the European version of PHOF. It's just now being released on the Marketplace to download as a Games on Demand title. I didn't see it on the US marketplace earlier, so it might only be coming to European XBL.

Frostyglitch

Apr 3, 2012
I heard mixed things about this being improved compared to the US PHoF. Is this true?

This is the first I've heard of it myself. However, it still kinda seems like an odd move considering the interest that TPA has drawn in the UK. Is this to temper their patience while they wait for TPA to be approved? Inquiring minds want to know. Granted, TPA will be getting different / arguably higher quality tables...but still.

Last edited:

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
what a complete waste of time in releasing this NOW!!!...should of been released about 3 years ago when it cam out in the US

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
I was in contact with a rep at System 3 constantly bugging them about the slipping release dates. According to him System 3 added some different camera angle options and apparently cleaned up some textures, but otherwise the game is the same. Yes it did take a long time, but it also released last August, so I'm not sure why this is being regarded as news.

It's also worth noting that Farsight is the developer and didn't publish the Hall of Fame in North America either. To my knowledge Pinball Arcade is their first attempt at self-publishing and it's impressive how many platforms they're hitting considering that fact.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.