Bram Stokers Dracula Table

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Dammit. I knew I shouldn't have done it, but did I listen? Nooooooo. I get 2.3 billion on my 2nd game. 2.8 on my 3rd. Then..... I read the rules. And I watched Bowen play. Now, I can't break 300m. Ack, I keep doing this to myself. Ignorance is bliss folks.

Rich Lehmann

Aug 26, 2014
Yeah, I would have been those teen's in the 90's who had not grown up on pinball since pac-man came out when I was 8 I no longer saw the appeal of pinball. And then Mortal Kombat and then TNMT and Gauntlet etc. They lost the entire generation. Yet some continued targeting the teen market they had already lost. Forbes wrote an article about it in the 00's and how different companies handled their decline differently and which strategy worked better. It was not the ones that tried to compete with video games head on.

lipstick on a dog

May 4, 2014
On the first couple of pages, the question of Keanu Reeves' likeness was raised. In fact, his likeness is used in the video display during the "castle lock lit" animation.

warsaw303

Jun 8, 2012
Maybe Keanu's likeness wasn't an issue.

Interesting story on IPDB though:
Also pictured in this listing is a game with prototype stacked slingshot plastics showing Keanu Reeves & Winona Ryder's characters on them. According to designer Barry Oursler, these plastics were removed prior to production because the actors [or perhaps only Winona Ryder] would not sign a release to use their images.

Those plastics can be seen here: Keanu, Winona.

Rich Lehmann

Aug 26, 2014
A 16-bit looking character standing in front of books in not an "actors" likeness. I am almost positive they Williams never needed to licence Keanu's likeness. Dracula is all make-up so they are using the character and not Oldman's likeness either. The Reinfeld almost looks like Tom Waits but I somewhat doubt they had to pay for his likeness. Look at old Walt Simonson Battlestar Galactica comics from 1980ish. You can see it is the Starbuck and Apollo character but they did not pay for actors likeness. Because there is no specific resemblance to that person. Actors likeness is a real pain because it has to be okayed by their agents.

Adams family is probably different for Raul Julia specifically because the art looks like Raul Julia not just the character.

This is just my understanding from friends that pencils comics that have actors resemblance.

lipstick on a dog

May 4, 2014
Yeah, I wasn't trying to comment on the legality of it or the licensing at all. There was just a bit of conversation earlier about who was on the table and where, and people were trying to find Keanu. Regardless of the technicalities, it's clearly meant to be him:

nOBU8Lt.jpg

W1LDD ONE

Jul 21, 2013
I just saw an update on my IOS just now so I got excited but it was an update for TV Guide app.. Son Of A B****!!! I want my BSD!

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
Yeah I was REALLY looking forward to BSD for the weekend... My false alarm iOS updates were TED, iCorp, and flixter. Thankfully the kick starter tournament kept me busy - currently #7 on gold - guessing that won't last too long.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.