Bram Stokers Dracula Table

rob3d

Feb 20, 2012
Think they will edit out the girl moaning as she is being bitten by Dracula ( multipliers raising ) ? I'm thinking along the lines of Scared Stiff here and maybe we'll only here the moans in the pro version.

Scared stiff had a family mode. If BSD has family mode that disables the moan then yes.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Scared stiff had a family mode. If BSD has family mode that disables the moan then yes.
They aren't going to alter the ROM. The only ROM they altered was MM to completely bleep out the cuss words because they didn't wants someone hacking them then FS gets in trouble with the ratings board.

Rich Lehmann

Aug 26, 2014
They aren't going to alter the ROM. The only ROM they altered was MM to completely bleep out the cuss words because they didn't wants someone hacking them then FS gets in trouble with the ratings board.

Medieval Madness has cuss words?!? I must not be listening carefully.

Rich Lehmann

Aug 26, 2014
...but anyway... when are they releasing Dracula? It's been on TPA's website all day but is not active yet. Did they give a release date?

N

netizen

The only ROM they altered was MM to completely bleep out the cuss words

bqeubcM.jpg

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
They are neither the actor nor the stand-in because they are not photographs. Any recreation of an actor needs to be okayed by their agents, every single image. It is why comic books now all do photo-realism and dont have any expression because the agent may think it looks bad. There is little reason why the original table would pay rights, it was likely done as cross-promotion because the studio would own the title font and any audio from the film, if it is infact Gary Oldman's voice.

I remember when the film came out there were legal disputes over whether they could trademark/copyright "Bram Stoker's Dracula" since both "Bram Stoker" and "Dracula" were both public domain. If writing the author's name made it a new original property. Which is why Mary Shelly's Frankenstein did it as well. But I think it was ruled that it did not.

The table has nothing trademarkable other than the Dracula font. The back glass has a bit, like the design of the old Dracula on the right but that would just be dealing with the studio not the actors. Gary Oldmans voice would also be the studio, Oldman would have no say in how they use it for promotion or merchandising. But if it is his voice he will likely get a residual check.

Thanks for this, Rich, this is fascinating to me, and a whole area where I am totally ignorant. A few follow-ups-

-"comic books now all do photo-realism" ..... explain please? What is that?

-"the studio would own .... any audio from the film, if it is in fact Gary Oldman's voice." ...... I watched the vid earlier in this thread (I think it was introduced as 'this one is better' and yes, it is him: not only did they say that they went to London to meet him, but I think they also said he may even have recorded some extra speech especially for them?

So who would TPA have to pay to digitise this table then? The film studio, whoever own the rights to BallyWilliams tables, and Gary Oldman?

Dre2Dee2

Jun 5, 2012
Think they will edit out the girl moaning as she is being bitten by Dracula ( multipliers raising ) ? I'm thinking along the lines of Scared Stiff here and maybe we'll only here the moans in the pro version.

Whoa, what? This is the first time I'm hearing this, what other awesome stuff am I missing out on without pro :eek:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
So far Scared Stiff is the only pin where you really miss anything IMO. The family mode removes some great stuff on that one.

W1LDD ONE

Jul 21, 2013
I have never purchased a pro mode table just yet. Was not sure why to really buy a pro mode table. It does not save scores when in pro mode correct?

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
For content removed scared stiff is the only worthwhile table. Otherwise if you aren't into the pro features it won't get you much.

Agreed ^. But you can play a ten ball game if you want to practice or get to a wizard mode you have never seen before. Different pins have different adjustments available. Usually the more modern pins have more setting options. If you are going to try one, make it Scared Stiff and see if you like it and how often you will actually use it. It's also nice to get a better look at the pin, if you are really into the art.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.