Do you restart a game after a lousy ball?

Do you restart a game after a lousy ball?

• Total voters

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
Do you restart a game after a low scoring ball? Or do you play out the credit?

Last edited:

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Do you restart a game after a low scoring ball?

Yes, but only if it's a ball 1 that exits before I even touch a flipper on it. So I guess that's why I like ball savers so much.

Last edited:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
No. Not ever. I treat every game as if I'd put money in the machine. Maybe I should find a USB coin slot and attach it to my PC.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Have to admit that if I try a certain goal and know I already wasted my chances I exit.
No good, I know :)

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
I usually give it 2 ball play before restarting. Unless as mpad said I am only playing for a certain goal then it is a free for all.

jbejarano

Jul 6, 2012
No, I don't restart. I know full well that sometimes I have an amazing Ball 1 followed by two crappy balls. Who's to say that my crappy Ball 1 wouldn't be followed by an amazing Ball 2 or Ball 3? In any case, I really don't have a lot of respect for rage-quitters. It's one of the reasons that I wish the tournaments used LAST score instead of BEST score. You think you can do better than your last score? Great, but your position should be at risk.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
Only when going for certain goals.

I've had some of my best overall games after bad first and second balls.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I rarely ever restart. Especially if restarting will cause you to keep getting the same "random" award like a free ball.

JefferyD

May 10, 2013
I played for months and it never even occurred to me to restart after a lousy 1st ball, until somebody in this forum mentioned it. I was stunned. You can't do that! I can understand the temptation, tho. Mentally, I drop a quarter in before I pull the plunger, and I pretend that I only have a few quarters to play with each day, as a way to cut down on my TPA addiction. You can't throw away a chance to play if you can't afford it. That said, I'll throw no stones in this brittle abode.

So, publicly I am appalled and totally against restarting. Have I done it? Let me just say... Oh my. Look at the time. Running late for work. gotta go...

rob3d

Feb 20, 2012
Only time I restart a drain is when I'm testing a specific shot and drain, or if I'm chasing a specific table goal like harem on TOTAN and I screw it up. Never do it in casual score play or tourneys.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Never.

I had a lot of very good games starting with the 3rd and last ball (and even some all-time highscores), although I messed up the two first balls.

An outstanding game can start on the 3rd and last ball. That's a rule engraved in the Stone Tablets of Pinball. :cool:

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Tourney for sure. Also when going for goals. Also on real pins sometimes I have to admit. Just press and hold the start button before plunging 2:nd ball (Williams pins). Unless I play a pin I put money in.

But it is a very bad habit that totally messes up gamestyle on real pins and real tourneys so I mostly play strictly 3 ball games (just quit after 3:rd ball). And only one or two games tops on one pin, then move on. Makes huge difference for me playing good games irl. I think I actually got worse by restarting.

fromduc

Feb 28, 2014
I can understand people who never do that as a philosophy of play, or to really simulate the quarter u should pay, but the story of "lot of good games have started on ball 3" is a non-sense: if u had restarted ur game and started with your theoric 3rd ball u would hve had the same score, and 2 others balls to play... that's the goal of the systeme ^^

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts