Bug Ripley's games are ending prematurely

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
It still occurs. And because it's triggered by an audio cue (the "Believe it or not!" quote after the bonus countdown, which matches the end-of-game quote) I assume it can happen on any platform since it's a trigger on an event from the emulation, and that code is common to all platforms.

So basically Farsight didn't realise that this isn't just said at game end?

Do you need a particularly high bonus for it to trigger (along the lines of "Who says you can't take it with you")?

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
FS is aware of the issue. It is already on the to be fixed list. So try and continue to be patient on this one.
Gorgar is exactly correct on the cause. And it is on bonuses over 1.3 mil.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Last time I tried it the game crashed out before I had the time to tilt, and I started shaking as hard as I could the instant I saw the ball was going out.

Same here (on PS3). As soon as the ball drains, the "Final Score" screen pops up (the bonus count doesn't start).It can happen on any ball, with any number of extra-balls, and any scores. Sometimes, I can continue the game by starting a new one, sometimes it doesn't work.

ScotchYeti

Apr 13, 2012
After the Megapatch on the PS3 it should now be possible to get a table update between releases, right? Would be cool to have a fix without waiting another 6 months.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
After the Megapatch on the PS3 it should now be possible to get a table update between releases, right? Would be cool to have a fix without waiting another 6 months.

In the case of Ripley's it shouldn't be an issue even if there never was a mega patch because Ripley's is in the base game and is not downloaded separately.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Typically if an issue for a table is fixed, it's fixed on all platforms since the code is common to all platforms. It just requires an update to get pushed for that individual table for that platform, however and whenever that happens.

Typically for Steam and Android, it's quickest. Followed by iOS where Apple has started having longer approval times. Then PS3/4/Vita and X360/ONE where Sony and MS dictate terms.

Maggie

Jan 8, 2015
I just played on IOS and still have the bug. I'm going to try to re-install the table to see if that helps.

Members online

Members online