First impressions?

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Have to say I really love the table. It's one of theese tables that really suck you in. Really feel like running around with a wooden stick to hunt some vampire.
This only happens when art, music and gameplay fit very well together.
Great job from the original designers!

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
Have to say I really love the table. It's one of theese tables that really suck you in. Really feel like running around with a wooden stick to hunt some vampire.
This only happens when art, music and gameplay fit very well together.
Great job from the original designers!

Yeah I love the lighting in this game particularly and the voice of Dracula himself. Adds to the whole atmosphere.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Well, I guess the implementation of the theme is well done. It got me to watch the movie for the first time in over a decade. Wow is that movie bad. The writing, the acting (Keanu), the hokey attempt at using old style film techniques...

I do like the Annie Lennox song tho'.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Well, I guess the implementation of the theme is well done. It got me to watch the movie for the first time in over a decade. Wow is that movie bad. The writing, the acting (Keanu), the hokey attempt at using old style film techniques...

I do like the Annie Lennox song tho'.
That song got my Mother into Annie Lennox. She was doing the UK talk show circuit promoting it and my Mum remarked how much she liked Annie's voice.

Never seen the movie and I'm not sure I want to.

The pin is well-implemented and brings back distant memories of the real thing. The atmosphere, effects, graphics are all really well done.

That said it must be easier in TPA, I don't recall ever getting 1B irl, my best score so far is much higher.

Kaoru

Mar 29, 2012
I haven't seen the movie since the mid-90s - or whenever it was when they first showed it on TV. I don't remember much about it, except for not being terribly impressed, and that it felt rather stagey and somewhat over the place. Coppola is a bit of a hit-and-miss affair anyway. Either his films are GREAT or a desaster, there's very little middle ground with him. I have the soundtrack CD somewhere, though. And, oh yeah, that Lennox song is great! She has a fantastic voice anyway. A very underrated/underappreciated singer. (But hey, I always loved Eurythmics anyway.)

And yeah, this table really LOVES to kick your butt, doesn't it? It has to be one of the most unforgiving tables on TPA so far! I only had two or three good games on it so far, but when they are good they feel very rewarding. I just SOMETIMES wish that it could go easy on me in at least some spots. Like: When I trap the ball I'd really like to keep it. :-/ But ah well, can't have everything, I suppose.

Michael Taylor

Aug 18, 2014
This table has been straight up kicking my ass, and not in any way that I can blame it for being a drain monster. I have had so many balls sunk due my own reaction time. It makes me feel like a noob all over again. I'm gonna have to burn myself out on this table because this is the kind of challenge I need to get better all around.

Fantastic table! :cool:

So I'm not the only one who's sucking on the Table on Android xD

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
And yeah, this table really LOVES to kick your butt, doesn't it? It has to be one of the most unforgiving tables on TPA so far! I only had two or three good games on it so far, but when they are good they feel very rewarding.
This is what makes the table awesome, especially when you don't have to insert coins.

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
I'm just glad to hear that everyone else is suffering as much as me, I haven't broken 400m yet but keep hearing of 2+billion scores and wondering how they do it.

Last night I played it in a mood and ended up getting more annoyed by the table than whatever it was I was annoyed at, so at least there's that.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
love the table - very tough with the out lanes. Addictive but punishing. Only just broken 400m. Not yet managed to start all the multi balls at the same time which is probably where the big scores come from. Need to read the instructions more I think :)

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
love the table - very tough with the out lanes. Addictive but punishing. Only just broken 400m. Not yet managed to start all the multi balls at the same time which is probably where the big scores come from. Need to read the instructions more I think :)
Yes, you keep sucking until you get them multi multiballs. Only managed to get 2 at the same time and bling bling I was over 500k...

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Don't do it!
I really like reading instructions. Really opens up the table for me.
Only thing is one sentence at a time like in tpa can be tiresome. I guess a bi g text and a handful of table images should suffice.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I really like reading instructions. Really opens up the table for me.
Only thing is one sentence at a time like in tpa can be tiresome. I guess a bi g text and a handful of table images should suffice.

I only say this because I was reaching over 2b up until I read the rules. Now I have difficulty getting beyond 3m. This happens to me with most tables.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I only say this because I was reaching over 2b up until I read the rules. Now I have difficulty getting beyond 3m. This happens to me with most tables.

Aye. The very first game I played was 1.2B. Then I read up on the Standard Goals (often a great way to familiarize yourself with a table w/o trawling through ALL the rules), and I tanked for a while.

I'm too modest to mention my current high score.

karl

May 10, 2012
Both hard and fun is always a tricky combination, but I think both the original and Farsight did it on this table. It's a table with very few features when you compare it to other machines from the same area, Yet it is so fun trying to stack multiballs on this that it really does not need any mods (not counting Bats and Rats as mods. They come off mostly just as window-dressing to me)

I think Farsight did a great job on this one, judging from the PC version. Well done!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.