First impressions?

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Both hard and fun is always a tricky combination, but I think both the original and Farsight did it on this table. It's a table with very few features when you compare it to other machines from the same area, Yet it is so fun trying to stack multiballs on this that it really does not need any mods (not counting Bats and Rats as mods. They come off mostly just as window-dressing to me)

I think Farsight did a great job on this one, judging from the PC version. Well done!

Bats & Rats are far from window-dressing. Both have their bonuses multiplied by the current multi-ball multiplier - meaning a max of ~150M for Bats, and... something pretty big for Rats - it's not 3x the 13M or so for completing Rats at single scoring, because of the way Rats is scored. Anyway, it's more than the 40M or so you might expect.

The big deal is that both Bats & Rats count in your end-of-ball bonus. For every ball. Cumulatively. Score a couple of 150M Bats, and you have 300M coming to you just for draining, every time. I've had it up to ~450M. If you're really, really, good with getting the timing right, I'm sure 1B-per-ball is doable.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
yeah. no one understands how rats is scored during multi multiball, but the theory is that the multiplier is not only applied to the final total, but to the amount added to each rat score as well. this gives a rats bonus much bigger then the 13 million plus change you get in single ball play.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
I only say this because I was reaching over 2b up until I read the rules. Now I have difficulty getting beyond 3m. This happens to me with most tables.
Umm. two skillshots will pass 3 million. :)

yeah, learning the rules tends to kill your beginners luck, but then once you actually learn the shots it's worth it.

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
This has to be one of the harder pinball tables.Hardly any decent games.Hope POTO is easier than this table.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
So STTNG is a drain monster and it pisses me off to the point I no longer play it. CV is a drain monster that pisses me off to no end. FP is a drain monster that I rarely touch. BSD is a drain monster that I keep coming back to. Again and again and again. Wutupwitdat?

DrainoBraino

Apr 11, 2012
So STTNG is a drain monster and it pisses me off to the point I no longer play it. CV is a drain monster that pisses me off to no end. FP is a drain monster that I rarely touch. BSD is a drain monster that I keep coming back to. Again and again and again. Wutupwitdat?
Maybe because the drains in BSD seem more fair, like they are caused by a players mistake, not some weird program anomaly.

karl

May 10, 2012

That's exactly have I feel. There is a reason why I sold my ST TNG. That machine is no anger management treatment or healthy for people with a high blood pressure ;)

So far, I am gladly taking the punishment of BSD and coming back for more pain

JefferyD

May 10, 2013
Really enjoying Dracula. It's hard but fair. My only complaint is that Pro Mode isn't working for me. Tried turning off extra balls and it won't start. Well, you press start and the camera just keeps hovering over the table. Same thing when I turned on Novelty mode.

Not really necessary at this point as my best game -- by far, and I mean by far! -- was about 600,000,000. So I'm not exactly burning up an hour per game... more like three minutes. But someday I might get good and want to shorten it some!

Kaoru

Mar 29, 2012
Maybe because the drains in BSD seem more fair, like they are caused by a players mistake, not some weird program anomaly.
Another reason: "Dracula" is a fairly straightforward table on which you don't have to go through manymany modes to get to a certain wizard goal or something. On games like "Star Trek" you're constantly busy trying to get "somewhere", but ultimately fail early because the balls drain all the time.

On this table however you try to keep your eye on the score, hence your playing style and level of frustration is very different. Sure, "Dracula" can be very frustrating at times, but it doesn't piss me off.

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
i'd only been on a 'school season' saving pattern with 'diner'; i'll probably get that one shortly cuz i do dig it via the 'taxi' vibes - fun design, artwork and vibe, fun playing table! 'hrc', 'hs' and 'lca' - well i think i'll toss twenty towards the TAF ks instead!! :)

bsd is tricky and QUICK! can't blink on it. and yyeah those flippercatches (or at least ATTEMPTS for!) are a beee-hive! really gotta take your chances and flip quick, if ya'r gonna do anything! devilish! and pretty awesome!

Last edited:

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
You can roll the game in under an hour with good play. Lasting too LONG will never be an issue with this game. when you are doing well, time just seems to fly because you aer having so much fun, and when you are doing bad, the game is over amazingly fast.

While extra balls are plentiful, they can go fast, and none of them are repeatable, except maybe mystery, and good luck getting more than one out of it. SO you cannot go infinite. You just gotta play well.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
I've played BSD a few times IRL. It's hard so I liked it but I didn't like dropping quarters in it over and over. I dig the music and the dark playfield is prime for LED's. Now that I've had some more time with it on ios, I may consider picking a real one up if I see it at a show...for the right price. Very few WPC games out there I'd buy because there's so few "good" ones for 2k or less (keep in mind I'm talking project pins).

Yea, I like it. :)

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
I've played BSD a few times IRL. It's hard so I liked it but I didn't like dropping quarters in it over and over. I dig the music and the dark playfield is prime for LED's. Now that I've had some more time with it on ios, I may consider picking a real one up if I see it at a show...for the right price. Very few WPC games out there I'd buy because there's so few "good" ones for 2k or less (keep in mind I'm talking project pins).

Yea, I like it. :)

YEAH one thing i noticed is i really like the gorgeous display art! on par with 'creature from black lagoon', easily... i wish the table didn't seem so steep; have to keep eyes on the ball so much you can't admire the nifty display work on it!

Paul Petrissans

Jan 4, 2013
How is it that nobody has mentioned how the plunge button is overly sensitive? I play on iPad and this table constantly plunges the ball before I get a chance to line up a skill shot. No other table does this.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
How is it that nobody has mentioned how the plunge button is overly sensitive? I play on iPad and this table constantly plunges the ball before I get a chance to line up a skill shot. No other table does this.

It's a bug. According to Pin Wiz, will be fixed in next update.

TomL

Mar 12, 2013

That's Dracula's shadow plunging for you. Spooky.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.