Bug Some observations vs the real machine

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Having had the pleasure of having the real thing for a good six months, im more than qualified to pick up on these issues.

The captive ball is rediculously hard to hit, it appears to need a pixel perfect shot to strike it.

The lock shot although difficult on the real machine is very inconsistent with regards to timing the shot.

When the ball is locked in the castors club, the music comes back on momentarily which does not happen on the real thing.

When the table empties balls from the fishing reel at the end of the game, the slingshots are still active when they shouldn't be.

Last edited:

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
I occasionally come back to this machine just to see if playing the other tables has improved my game on this one. Each time, 8-10 games later I put it back on the shelf for another 6 months. Just terrible.

DrainoBraino

Apr 11, 2012
The captive ball is rediculously hard to hit, it appears to need a pixel perfect shot to strike it.
I am not experiencing this, I can nail it consistently. The issue with the captive ball is that it flies up and back very unrealistically, almost comically.

I occasionally come back to this machine just to see if playing the other tables has improved my game on this one. Each time, 8-10 games later I put it back on the shelf for another 6 months. Just terrible.
Just terrible? Come on man, not at all. There are a few issues, but this table plays well and is a challenge.

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
Worst table on TPA. No flow to the table, and inconsistent shots as Carl stated. Couple that with lightning flippers, over active bumpers and difficult lock scoop and spinner shots. And yes, the captive ball is impossible to hit.

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
The thing I find astounding is how loudly some people begged FS for this table. Maybe all the hype ruined it for me, but I'm not impressed with this table.

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
Honestly for the TPA version, two things improved on here would make it so much better. One is making the captive ball easier to hit. I can play a 200M game without ever hitting the ball despite trying. The second is making the Lock Scoop more consistent in what balls get locked. I can shoot a firm ball in there and it will most of the time fall back to the flippers without locking, while other shot balls that "float" into the lock get locked. This takes away a lot of opportunity.

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
I am not experiencing this, I can nail it consistently. The issue with the captive ball is that it flies up and back very unrealistically, almost comically.

Just terrible? Come on man, not at all. There are a few issues, but this table plays well and is a challenge.

+1

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
Worst table on TPA. No flow to the table, and inconsistent shots as Carl stated. Couple that with lightning flippers, over active bumpers and difficult lock scoop and spinner shots. And yes, the captive ball is impossible to hit.

Hardly. Perhaps you have this confused with the virtual pinball or some other PC based version. I don't find your complaint valid

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
I simply cannot get any consistency going on this table at all. and it' snot the lightning flippers, because i can play BSD just fine with them, and even roll the table. The physics just seemed to be tuned to make you miss. It feels like playing a bad visual pinball recreation to me.

Turbine

May 19, 2012
One of my most played real tables (along with TAF) and it's pretty accurate in my opinion. I love the table but could never get any consistency on the real thing either. I guess that's why I kept having one more go..

I'm playing on iPad too.

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
Honestly the table, while being drainy, is a little easier than the real life version in my opinion. Somewhat less lock rejects and some shots are a lot easier to find. Easy nudging too obviously but that goes for all tables. I think Farsight did probably their best conversion with this difficulty-wise. I'd say big shot but that has some little physics issues near the outlanes.

Last edited:

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
LESS lock rejects? every real life one i'v ever played had zero rejects from the lock, and i always made fastcast at least once without even trying.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
The bricky ball lock is my only complaint. Other than that it feels like a pretty darn good representation of Fish Tales.

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
I played this for a couple days straight. Kinda got a little better at it, easily hit 200M each time, but still not over 600M (900M is high, but that was a long time ago), maybe with some more practice.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.