Gorgar - is it a good table?

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Great write up Slam.
This is one of my regular favourites for a long while now.
I tend to use similar techniques to you but with the exception that I normally leave the 1234 targets to fate and random slingshot ricochets. I find them difficult to aim specifically for as I guess the housing around the switch protrudes significantly. I tend to focus on Gor-Gar, left saucer and cave from the right, and the spinner and roll overs from the left.
It is a great nudging table.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Great write up Slam.
This is one of my regular favourites for a long while now.
I tend to use similar techniques to you but with the exception that I normally leave the 1234 targets to fate and random slingshot ricochets. I find them difficult to aim specifically for as I guess the housing around the switch protrudes significantly. I tend to focus on Gor-Gar, left saucer and cave from the right, and the spinner and roll overs from the left.
It is a great nudging table.

What I find most interesting about those 1234 targets, is that they seem to give the ball extra energy when hit. There are other targets in TPA tables that do that, and I really wonder if that is natural behaviour. It sometimes looks as if there is a spring hidden behind them. The Gorgar at our national pinball association is too far gone to check if it is natural behaviour.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
What I find most interesting about those 1234 targets, is that they seem to give the ball extra energy when hit. There are other targets in TPA tables that do that, and I really wonder if that is natural behaviour. It sometimes looks as if there is a spring hidden behind them. The Gorgar at our national pinball association is too far gone to check if it is natural behaviour.
There was a Gorgar at Play.expo recently but unfortunately I didn't get to play it.

David T. Melnick

Jul 23, 2014
It's a great table and the voice just adds to it. Actually, the voice makes it harder - he talks so tough at the start but once he starts 'hurting' and crying I feel sorry for him and consider stopping. Poor guy.
----------
yeah. I always laugh & get excited when we hurt Gorgar eh. :eek:

Members online

Members online