Gorgar - is it a good table?

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Well, if it wasn't for the voice tech, it wouldn't have made much of an impact. It's kinda like putting lipstick on a dog. Hey, see what I did there? Hah!

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
I don't like table that don't have any sort of MB in it. even so I've played it before the MB craze before Black Knight Before Flight 2000. Since I played those I never looked back at single ball tables. That said it might the best single ball table I've played. Although Big Shot has gotten some attention from me, I can't get into others like El Dorado, Haunted House, Genie, Central Park. Those tables just don't do it for me.

Then again it's all a matter of opinion. Some people like the old single ball tables. Others like myself don't.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Best table? If you need a quick, fun, fix of pinball it might be. The table can be unforgiving but the shots are nice and plenty of scoring. The art is fantastic too. Best of all time in general? Far from it. However it is very fun and enjoyable any time you play it. Very solid.

BStarfire

Jan 9, 2013
It's a great table and the voice just adds to it. Actually, the voice makes it harder - he talks so tough at the start but once he starts 'hurting' and crying I feel sorry for him and consider stopping. Poor guy.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
whats old is new again, get down with that inner hipster fungi! all the kool kids are doing it in plaid shirts and chia seed enemas

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Gorgar is the one table FarSight's updates always seem to mess up. No less than two PC updates have screwed up the HUD. Even the PS4 couldn't get it right-the bumpers remain lit up after nearly three years. Don't know how it is on other platforms.

Good table that's way too vulnerable to TPA treatment.

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012
i love gorgar. I use to play it all the time as a kid. I still sneak in a game or two every time I fire up tpa.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Figuring out the best risk/reward shots on this table is really enjoyable, and it is also a very good nudge practice table, lots of outlane drain saves possible.
This is my favorite strategy:
- Plunge the A-rollover, this one is the hardest to get while in the actual game
- Focus on shooting the GOR-GAR targets 4 times to get an extra ball lit and always shoot the targets from the right flipper. Use the left flipper for shots to the roll-over area or the 2-3-4 targets (but only after getting that EB)
- Ricochet the ball from the lower GAR targets up to the GOR targets. If you aim slightly at the left side of targets, you get the best results and less wild balls or SDTM drains
- Most often you can either catch a returning ball on the right flipper or do a dead-pass from the left to right, depending on the situation. Watch out for balls that run up the right inlane and trickle over to the outlane drain, you can nudge that ball "back"
- The nicest thing possible with this is hitting GA-GO in one shot (aiming just between the GA targets), and then finishing R-R with another shot. That's right, with practice you can shoot all targets down with just 2 shots (on iOS anyway)!
- Rinse and repeat, try to get the 3x bonus multiplier going. Shoot the upper "cave" when lit. Although going for the EB from the 1-2-3-4 targets is a bit risky in the beginning, if you happen to collect them often enough, you'll get there earlier on the next ball, and that makes them somewhat of a more viable option
- There is also a strategy out there to repeatedly shoot the extra ball kicker for 15K a pop, but my results with that varied a lot, even with some risky returns and SDTM balls. And it is boring like hell.... :)
- I usually play with no or low sound. On the one hand you have the grating voice of Gorgar, but on the other hand, the heartbeat thing inevitably will affect my gameplay :)

There's not a lot more to this table and I concur with missing MB and changeable lanes, but it has something that keeps luring me back to it, especially when you get in the flow.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.