• South Park

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Lord of the Rings

Votes: 47 36.4%
  • Family Guy

Votes: 13 10.1%
  • Star Wars (Data East)

Votes: 9 7.0%
  • Star Trek 25th Anniversary (Data East)

Votes: 7 5.4%
  • Doctor Who

Votes: 17 13.2%
  • KISS

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Super Mario Bros

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Jurassic Park

Votes: 11 8.5%
  • Sopranos

Votes: 4 3.1%

• Total voters

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
I'm hoping for LOTR. It is my all-time favorite table. Although I don't think it will have as much fans as AF, I'm hoping they might capitalize on It's success. I will likely pledge more for this than I did with AF.

Indian Jones would be awesome but as many know Disney is hard to work with licensing wise.

TSPP - I can take it or leave it like AF. It's an ok table. Not on my preference list but still will get it.

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
okay, most - really nearly all these tables! - i've never played RL except for 'family guy' (which is -great- fun; love the 'giggitygiggity!' bumpers lol! and the lil' 'stewie pinball' set would be a -great- test for TPA's phys!) but here's how i stack em, from 'damn near impossible (but almost-guaranteed incredibly profitable and game-changing as a result!) ' to 'easiest but not really as profitable' currently... NOTE MY KS FIGURES ARE COMPLETELY NO-NOTHING OF RW PROP FIGURES/LAWYERS… just my best guess out of thin air!!!! as such, According To Me (ATM lol;) anything actually in a cheaper tier than i think it is should probably be top-priority! st25 may not be nearly quite 250K, but more than 100K, so, balance that all out… ;0

IMPOSSIBLE??? according to FS...====================================
i'd never played nor seen these three that i remember, and since others mentioned they're currently on the 'no fly' list;0 i'll leave them out now...

- Doctor Who
- KISS
- Super Mario Bros

FEASIBLE (BUT NEARLY INCONCEIVABLE)??? 250K+KS ======================================
due to current prop. production/monetization status...

- Star Wars (Data East) - IN PROD. i think ANY year/manu version right now would be so far a haul, it would be pretty tough to get. but, just for name value, and all the 'disneyfication' to deal with right now, it's the crown-stone in this list... i'd -love- a genuine, non-zen version SW table in TPA!!! (any potential for a 'hail-mary' pass at disney, sh!t guys... 'go for it!' crazy-climber style!! ;0)

- Lord of the Rings - IN PROD. of course... ga'ad, you can't be -that- out of it, can ya?? ;0 (i -do- so want to try jj's 'woz' and 'hobbit's' tables when they come... sh!t too, 'the big lewbowki'! :) i feel like there's no reason that FS should get to do all of these tables... they do them the best! played them more the past few years than i have anything else in a looooong time... but being still such a current blockbuster series, i'd have to think of say 'transformers' or any RW stern marvel pb series to compare... very convoluted and expensive right now (not to mention the 'little task' of adapting jj hardware into TPA!)

- Star Trek 25th Anniversary (Data East) - never seen but just watched some yt vids... OHHH, MAANNNN... BEST BET!! as a 'classic TOS' table, it's a perfect bookend to the 'TNG' KS!! but maybe currently a little bit extra-tough to go now, considering doc abbrams is playing both props right now... still it appears to be a pure classic trek, and that's heartening. i've been digging catching the updated episodes with the HD spfx; done really -tastefully-, and not all 'lucas-fied!' sooo, maybe being more tied back into paramount history, maybe it would be (just) feasible! but it'd be a HELLuva KS, i bet. just a lotta hoops to jump. but that's whatcha do for love! ;0

FEASIBLE: 100K+ KS=================================

- Jurassic Park - IN PROD. NOW: 'JURASSIC WORLD' - HOT PROP NOW! get in with all the -rest- of spielburg's props via universal, instead of 'walt lucasworld' - errr wait, 'george disneyfilm'!! oh wait... which is it now?? ;0

- Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure - not as semi-current, but less so a lucasfilm than SW above/more a 'sure-bet'? always rumors of a 'next indy movie', and well, the paint's still fresh and they're already making another GD SW movie!!... so if at all possible -AT THIS MOMENT!- seem like a 'strike while the iron's hot, if it's all all possible!!' if a 'genuine' SW table of any manu isn't at all possible realistically at this time... but i'm imagining an even more expensive KS than TAF!! perhaps by far, 2x or more.... guess it depends how 'cool' all the key figures in the series feel about pinball! (if their lawyers even -bother- to ask for their opinions!) steve though should be a big fan!! :) you'd think harrison would dig 'im some pin sometime too! :)

- Simpsons Pinball Party - voice talent a famous licensing tripstone here! ;0 could be pricey enough to need a KS... probably is, considering it's not been more cooly responded with a 'yeah we definitely will' by FS when asked. also again, prob a bit pricier than TAF! i would hope max 1.5x... groening and co. are fans of pinball; i remember scouring the webs for pb info one night and seeing that the 'futurama' team had an 'attack from mars' tourney/top scores constantly going on in office!! :)

NO KS PROBABLY?===================================

- South Park - the hard facts: fewer voice actors!! ;0 but not a 'cheap' prop, considering it's still in production and still much valued.

- Family Guy - same here!

- Sopranos - just doesn't strike me as an expensive a prop as any of the above, but gee that's just me. maybe a better kind of 'whodunnit!' one i've liked off and on, but is kinda 'eh' ... if 'sopranos' has a 'family mode OFF' lol, that might be emmensily entertaining!

============= SO, MY FINAL THREE?!? ==================
just taking one from each of the above tiers/categories:

INCONCEIVABLE (HARD SELL/EASY WIN!): Star Trek 25th!!! GD now that i've watched this table, i soooo want it. oh so much. KS it. 'mek it sew.' ;0

FEASIBLE KS (take tha muney n' run! ;0): Jurassic Park! GRAB ON NOW to the steve-man! get some good clout! (actually, all my guesses hopefully getcha good clout - and make the others envy and move a little easier to get in in the future too!! :)

NO KS OPTION: family guy! that may be on the line between 'needing ks or not'... try to push it out on your own! i know that goes probably on the lines also with getting out a 'TPA AFTER DARK' version... hell! dupe it! use it! release it!! :) test those mini-ball physics out...

it can be the 'only when tables are ready' version; main TPA, you have to keep a schedule, even if only dialed down to 10, 9 releases a year (do i dare even say 'six'?? i'd be still satisfied, but pretty damn rabid by next release! especially if i had to go three tables in a row i didn't really dig... ;0) but then you get to feature a 'FAMILY GUY PINBALL' APP in the store! that 'top twenty' is stiff. (just to note, all three potentially 'no KS' items are 'TPA AFTER DARK' candidates - family guy, south park, and sopranos!

Last edited:

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
gotta think out loud! :) how else ya gonna help the cause...

p.s. HEY great timing FS, having just seen some new 'dracula unleashed' or something on TV earlier... SERIOUSLY good timing, if somehow that planned/panned out that way!!!! :) kinda looks kewl, if it's in 3d... ;0

Last edited:

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I'm honestly surprised LOTR is ahead of Indiana Jones.

I'm surprised as well. I hate the Indy jones table but as much as I am happy about it lagging, Indy is a popular table amongst most pinball fans. I would assume it would be in first for this poll.

Rich Lehmann

Aug 26, 2014
Thanks for the tip on the high camera angle. The table is much more fun now! How much are you nudging to keep the ball at the top level and how much are you just hitting it back up when it goes down the ramp? Do you bother nudging?

Nudging is difficult on kindle fire, it takes longer than the split second to tap outside the flipper area. I can only usually do it when I have a second, like when it lobs up and drops right down the middle.

Glad, you enjoy it. Once I figured out that table I have been trying out high angles on all the tables to see which ones work better that way. I found I can line up my shots better on Haunted House, it is so wide open that the shots are so long, plus scoring on Haunted House seems to play heavily on keeping the ball as long as possible in the attic and basement which are easier at a high angle. Anything with multiple flippers should be tried on medium or high, I am noticing.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Why do you hate it?

I think people would probably be right on that assumption.

While it has one of the best themes, sounds and dmd packages going for it, I just don't find it to be a grat game. The layout doesn't provide a wealth of satisfying shots and is just too crowded in general. I just really have never played it and walked away coming close to saying "that was fun". I tend to find Mark Ritchie games not that enjoyable. I do like fish tales but everything else is pretty mediocre to me.

I would, however definitely support a kickstarter for it. I know many out there support campaigns they don't like and it would being great joy to so many others. Not to mention having one more high profile table in the collection. Plus on a personal level, maybe I could figure out the appeal and how to enjoy it.

Rich Lehmann

Aug 26, 2014
I feel the exact same way about TZ.

I think it has to be fans of the show that like all the sound bites and show references. It makes no other sense for that table to be so popular, it is too cluttered to be fun. Or maybe I am just not good enough to understand it's appeal as a player.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
I think it has to be fans of the show that like all the sound bites and show references. It makes no other sense for that table to be so popular, it is too cluttered to be fun. Or maybe I am just not good enough to understand it's appeal as a player.

I like the table but it's not in my faves. What appeals to me is basically every other shot starts something to do. There's lots of stuff always happening.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014

Yeah, I was never a fan of the show, but I didn't like "Dr. Who" either, and I LOVE that table.

Again, the table is just too cluttered for me. It just kills all the fun.

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
I voted for Doctor Who. That's what I want. Not that I'll get it. My other top choices are ST,SW,JP, & LOTR. I would have voted for Indy,but there is no chance - probably ever.

As for TSPP - too much stuff going on in that table. I'd rather see most of the pins on this poll before that. If it ever gets the KS treatment - I'd have to think long & hard about contributing to it.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.