• South Park

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Lord of the Rings

Votes: 47 36.4%
  • Family Guy

Votes: 13 10.1%
  • Star Wars (Data East)

Votes: 9 7.0%
  • Star Trek 25th Anniversary (Data East)

Votes: 7 5.4%
  • Doctor Who

Votes: 17 13.2%
  • KISS

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Super Mario Bros

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Jurassic Park

Votes: 11 8.5%
  • Sopranos

Votes: 4 3.1%

• Total voters

invitro

May 4, 2012
What high end license should Farsight go after post Addams Family? To make it fun you can pick two choices.

You made some strange choices to be in your poll. Here are some IPDb top 50 tables with what I think would be high-end licenses that you omitted:

- Spider-Man (Stern, 2007)
- Star Trek (Stern, 2013)
- AC/DC (Stern, 2012)
- Wizard of Oz (Jersey Jack, 2013)
- High Speed II (Williams, 1992)
- Shadow (Bally, 1994)
- TRON Legacy (Stern, 2011)
- Stargate (Premier, 1995)
- Tales from the Crypt (Data East, 1993)
- Tommy (Data East, 1994)
- Guns N' Roses (Data East, 1994)
- Batman (Stern, 2008)

I would've used the full 30 possibilities, left Super Mario Bros. out, and allowed 10 votes :).

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
You made some strange choices to be in your poll. Here are some IPDb top 50 tables with what I think would be high-end licenses that you omitted:

- AC/DC (Stern, 2012)
- Shadow (Bally, 1994)
- Batman (Stern, 2008)

I would've used the full 30 possibilities, left Super Mario Bros. out, and allowed 10 votes :).

I chose tables that could realistically support their own kickstarters, so no TFTC, Getaway, Shadow. None of the modern sterns or jersey jack have ever been hinted at making it into TPA so there goes almost your entire list. The other tables like Shadow and Getaway would not be able to support their own kickstarter or wouldn't need a kickstarter imho. The only table off your list i wish i had added was Guns n Roses which i would have replaced family guy with since it is a modern stern. But due to Axl and slash feuding that's never gonna happen. Thanks for voting!

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012

- AC/DC (Stern, 2012)
- Shadow (Bally, 1994)
- Batman (Stern, 2008)

I heard that there is no current emulation for modern Sterns. I would love most if not all modern Sterns. Tron Legacy, Siderman, Iron Man, Transformers, The Dark Knight, Star Trek, etc you name it. They are great tables and so much fun. Not sure it's because of the license. So I chose LOTR and Indiana Jones.

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
the arcade here at the union had over the past year had first the ironman table, i remember trying it just once - really seemed tough/steep for a fast ball at the time!! then they replaced it with the new star trek - that seemed a bit easier, though they both felt the same a bit for layout/aiming. both pretty challenging, for moderns it seemed! it'd be great to see some modern sterns now, sure! (would love to try 'tron legacy', just as a franchise fan sadly - but not much pb in driving distance around here!)

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
the arcade here at the union had over the past year had first the ironman table, i remember trying it just once - really seemed tough/steep for a fast ball at the time!! then they replaced it with the new star trek - that seemed a bit easier, though they both felt the same a bit for layout/aiming. both pretty challenging, for moderns it seemed! it'd be great to see some modern sterns now, sure! (would love to try 'tron legacy', just as a franchise fan sadly - but not much pb in driving distance around here!)

i'd love the new stern star trek table to be in TPA. it's probably the modern table I would want to own the most, along with WoO. i feel like TAF Kickstarter is going to show us what the high end of a kickstarter can do. i think most of the modern sterns would be priced out unless Farsight made a profit participation deal. I think stern has been rumbling about doing some digitals. hopefully with TPA's involvement.

David T. Melnick

Jul 23, 2014
Star Trek

i'd love the new stern star trek table to be in TPA. it's probably the modern table I would want to own the most, along with WoO. i feel like TAF Kickstarter is going to show us what the high end of a kickstarter can do. i think most of the modern sterns would be priced out unless Farsight made a profit participation deal. I think stern has been rumbling about doing some digitals. hopefully with TPA's involvement.
------------
+1

Rafie

Jul 17, 2012
I chose Simpson's and Family Guy. I love those tables and feel one or possibly both should make it to TPA one day.

Anderz

Sep 17, 2014
I'm not so much into licenced tables, Stern or not. Indianapolis 500 will not be recreated, and Red and Ted's Roadshow might more likely make it withouth a kickstarter I guess. Stern tables are hard to find here, and if I do find one it's usually a broken pirates of caribean. So I guess I'm out..

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
After 100 Voters -

The top three never changed.

1. Simpsons Pinball Party with 43 votes. This table was never not in the lead at any time.
2. Lord of the Rings with 35 votes. This table has always been in second place.
3. Indiana Jones with 25 votes. This table was always in third.
4. Doctor Who with 12 votes. Tied with Family Guy.
4. Family Guy with 12 votes. Always in a dogfight for 4th with Doctor Who.
6. Jurassic Park with 9 votes. J-Park had a late resurgence to claim 6th place.

Star Trek 25th Anniversary, Star Wars (Data East), South Park tied for 7th place with 5 votes apiece.

You can vote for two tables. :D

Last edited:

weirdproq

Sep 19, 2013
I voted for Simpsons and Lord of the Rings. Maybe we could get the Data East Simpsons table as a bonus with Simpsons license? Anywho, Indiana Jones: the Pinball Adventure would be my very close third and Jurassic Park as my fourth pick.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.