This table is crazy...

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
So,while I'm glad that BSD is out - and I've always liked the look of the table - for me personally I really didn't get the love that many have for this table. Most of this probably comes from the fact I've only played it a few times IRL - once in the 90s at a truck stop,and more recently at the PWA in NH.

Anyways,so I'm playing on my iPad trying to figure things out (been busy at work so I haven't played much) and my scores have generally been around 6 million (*%>! lightning flippers). The only standard goal I've gotten to this point was the skill shot one.

So I'm playing this morning trying to finish off standard goals - any standard goal - and I'm able to start off Coffin Mulitball. Cool,yes? Well the next thing I know I must have started Mist on top of that because Pinballs are flying everywhere. When I was done with the madness - I'd done both Bats & Rats,gotten an extra ball,replay - the works. My final score was about 642 million. Bam. Standard goals done,just like that.

That score is probably small to most of you,but to me it was a glimpse into what many of you already knew about BSD. So now it's onto the Wizard goals! :)

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
So,while I'm glad that BSD is out - and I've always liked the look of the table - for me personally I really didn't get the love that many have for this table. Most of this probably comes from the fact I've only played it a few times IRL - once in the 90s at a truck stop,and more recently at the PWA in NH.

Anyways,so I'm playing on my iPad trying to figure things out (been busy at work so I haven't played much) and my scores have generally been around 6 million (*%>! lightning flippers). The only standard goal I've gotten to this point was the skill shot one.

So I'm playing this morning trying to finish off standard goals - any standard goal - and I'm able to start off Coffin Mulitball. Cool,yes? Well the next thing I know I must have started Mist on top of that because Pinballs are flying everywhere. When I was done with the madness - I'd done both Bats & Rats,gotten an extra ball,replay - the works. My final score was about 642 million. Bam. Standard goals done,just like that.

That score is probably small to most of you,but to me it was a glimpse into what many of you already knew about BSD. So now it's onto the Wizard goals! :)

Good luck with the 300M Coffin Jackpot. That one is tough.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014

For me, it was always all about the mood and feel of the table. You add in the fun gameplay and decent DMD, and you have a pretty damn good table.

If you didn't get it when you played the table in real life, then you probably never will.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Good luck with the 300M Coffin Jackpot. That one is tough.

It's one of the goals that's only tough if you actually concentrate on it. I stopped worrying about it, and it just happened. My default left flipper shot in any multiball is to the Coffin. The most difficult bit is having to have 3 balls *in play* to collect the maxed Coffin jackpot, so you can't hide balls in the Castle lock and collect it. You can of course hide 2 balls in the Castle, shoot the Mystery hole to collect the Castle JP, then hit the Coffin from the Mystery hole kickout before either of the locked balls is plunged... I think at that point they count as being "in play"... with a little luck you might get another go at the Coffin before balls start flying around again.

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
For me, it was always all about the mood and feel of the table. You add in the fun gameplay and decent DMD, and you have a pretty damn good table.

If you didn't get it when you played the table in real life, then you probably never will.

Well,since I saw and played BSD exactly one time back in the 90s - that doesn't exactly make for a lasting impression. It's probably the same with you & Road Show. Anyways - I'm glad that I have the chance to figure out the table now,and play it in NH when I visit the PWA.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
Well,since I saw and played BSD exactly one time back in the 90s - that doesn't exactly make for a lasting impression. It's probably the same with you & Road Show. Anyways - I'm glad that I have the chance to figure out the table now,and play it in NH when I visit the PWA.

lol, I didn't mean anything by it. I'm just saying that it's really a mood table. If people play it a few times and don't get why everyone else loves it, then that person is never going to understand.

As for "Road Show", well, once you've played a Lawlor table, you've basically played them all. :p

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
lol, I didn't mean anything by it. I'm just saying that it's really a mood table. If people play it a few times and don't get why everyone else loves it, then that person is never going to understand.

As for "Road Show", well, once you've played a Lawlor table, you've basically played them all. :p

Which is why you're backing TAF! :p

Anyways - playing BSD is a great reminder to myself (and to show others) just how fun TPA & pinball can be. There are about 12 tables in TPA that I've never played until they were put into it. Most, I've never seen in person,or had something else that I wanted to play more. Being given another chance to experience a table and get to see just what makes it special to many is a good thing.

And why,for at least one platform - I'll buy every table released for TPA

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
Don't be cute. I'm backing it to help make sure it passes. That's a huge KS, I'd rather help be safe than sorry. :p

Personally, I couldn't care less about TAF.

Now now, it's fun to be cute sometimes! Actually, I agree with you. TAF doesn't make my personal top 10,(or top 20 for that matter) in table wants for TPA. But I'm backing it because I want it to succeed - and show that I'm doing my part.

I figure that if we get TAF, eventually I'll come to really like it - just like I have with BSD.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
Now now, it's fun to be cute sometimes! Actually, I agree with you. TAF doesn't make my personal top 10,(or top 20 for that matter) in table wants for TPA. But I'm backing it because I want it to succeed - and show that I'm doing my part.

I figure that if we get TAF, eventually I'll come to really like it - just like I have with BSD.

I'm hoping TAF will be as fun as NGG. If not, I'll be heavily disappointed. :(

Pinetwig

Dec 23, 2013
I'm hoping TAF will be as fun as NGG. If not, I'll be heavily disappointed. :(

I personally can't stand the annoying callouts on NGG. TAF on the other hand has great callouts, will probably pledge for the gold edition since I havent got to play it irl.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
TAF has the best license integration ever. that's part of why it's the number one pinball game.

Thing makes the game.

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
i got it just fine. i'm stuck on the coffin jackpot one.

Ok finally got it on the third try. It seems to skip giving the achieve really often. It's hilarious how hard it is to intentionally hit the right outline on that table too.

e: Mouseovering seems to indicate it's 0.04% on the percentage. I guess the main listing doesn't show it if it's under 0.1%

Last edited:

Members online

Members online