Timed tournament strategies and tactics

9u1d0

Jan 7, 2013
Just got to LitZ twice during the 20minutes timed tournament. Scoring only 1,8B points.
My strategy is only shooting left ramp, right ramp, piano (three way combos).
Current high score on gold tourny is over 2,5B.... What's the trick here?

Last edited:

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
That's a really good question. I've been doing about the same. Any time I get multiball, I usually only crank out about 2 jackpots on average. Fastlock multiball has been where it's at for me. Probably because it doesn't need to be re-lit. Try pounding out that fastlock. Make that your #1 priority, and let me know how it goes.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
fast lock is highly exploitable if you can master right left inlane to fast lock, because all balls coming out of the lock will float into that inlane if you hold the right flipper up.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Just a thought, draining on purpose has a lot to do with it. Well, not just that, but spacing out your drains. Like, even if you've drained a couple times right before the 20 minutes are up, if you still are on ball 1 with a couple extra balls, it just means that you could've been collecting bonuses throughout.

The skill shot doesn't seem worth the time after a while, I might be wrong on that though

Last edited:

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
only super skill shot is worth anything because it light extra balls or battle the power. ignore normal skill shot. always. the slot machine kickout is a kitten on TPA.

Another good tip is make good use of the "collect bonus" camera award, which will let you collect your completed mode bonuses twice.

That said, a well times sideways nudge as the rocket kicker fires will keep it from making it around the hitchhiker shot, and you WILL always get the ball back off it that way.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.