South Park Pinball

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Longtime TPA fans on this website may remember the infamous "TPA/Olive Garden" comparison. This isn't the first time Pinball Arcades and culinary institutions have collided.

masterthes

Apr 12, 2014
Loving the South Park pin. Will definitely tide me over until (hopefully) TPA gives us the real South Park pin (which I really like). The Butters one isn't too shabby either

Daniel Osborne

Feb 28, 2012
The first table has a bit of TSPP going on with that upper playfield.

And the second one is a two-flipper affair. A rare beast in Zen's work. Trying to figure out how you reach that semi-circle of spot targets, though...
Actually the butters table has three flippers, there's on to the right of the spinning disc. I bought these and think they're fantastic fun, I don't know why folk say zen is too easy and you can play for hours, as I certainly can't! I wish they'd change the flipper sounds and sort out the nudging, it just doesn't alter the ball path at all. There's no proper lighting either, but on the whole it'd say it's well worth a punt.
Nice to see how much improved the ps4 pinball Arcade is since launch. (sarcasm) if I read the words it's coming soon or more fibs on Facebook I think I'll go crazy.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
All of this McDonald's Vs. Steak restaurant is making me hungry. :p

Anyway, all I can say is these new South Park tables have gotten me back into playing video game pinball again after several months of being bored with it.
It even got me back into playing some older Farsight tables.

I love the colors and all out zaniness of both South Park tables.
I wish Farsight would get more tables like this. The Simpsons would be fantastic (as I've been saying for years)

thirteen

Oct 14, 2014
...I wish they'd change the flipper sounds and sort out the nudging, it just doesn't alter the ball path at all.

Coming from playing Pinball Arcade pretty much exclusively, the nudging on South Park pinball definitely works differently. The ball won't move nearly as much so you can't nudge well in advance of a STDM drain like you would on TPA to change the ball path. However, if you time your nudge just as the ball is about to go down an outlane or just as it's approaching the edge of a raised flipper, you'll hear a *BLOOP* sound effect and the ball will magically bump out of the outlane. It's a much less realistic effect, but seems geared toward allowing a save if you get the timing right.

Meanwhile, I'm having a lot of fun with both tables but they do seem pretty difficult. The Wizard Modes seem on par with Medieval Madness or Attack From Mars in difficultly to reach them, and neither table doles out many extra balls.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Coming from playing Pinball Arcade pretty much exclusively, the nudging on South Park pinball definitely works differently. The ball won't move nearly as much so you can't nudge well in advance of a STDM drain like you would on TPA to change the ball path. However, if you time your nudge just as the ball is about to go down an outlane or just as it's approaching the edge of a raised flipper, you'll hear a *BLOOP* sound effect and the ball will magically bump out of the outlane. It's a much less realistic effect, but seems geared toward allowing a save if you get the timing right.

Meanwhile, I'm having a lot of fun with both tables but they do seem pretty difficult. The Wizard Modes seem on par with Medieval Madness or Attack From Mars in difficultly to reach them, and neither table doles out many extra balls.

I wonder if I'm the only one who noticed this. Nudging when the ball is choosng whether to go through the inlane our outlane seems to be incredibly overpowered compared to other areas of the board. I wonder if this was deliberate, to make things easier.

Eaton Beaver

Jan 25, 2014
Can either of you guys explain to me how to nudge Zen tables on the iPad? I can do it on my PS3 but it appears it doesn't nudge the same way The Pinball Arcade does on an iPad.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Can either of you guys explain to me how to nudge Zen tables on the iPad? I can do it on my PS3 but it appears it doesn't nudge the same way The Pinball Arcade does on an iPad.

On Android, imagine the top third of screen is a ribbon split into 3. L nudge, nudge up, r nudge.
Or you can shake it (with control for sensitivity).
Or you can connect a Bluetooth HID controller and analogue nudge via the left stick.
I'd guess 2 of the 3 apply to ios too.

Eaton Beaver

Jan 25, 2014
Thanks for the tip Baron Rubik I will try the top third of the screen technique. I always tried nudging the lower left and right sides of the table with no success....

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013
Keep calm.....
Everyone has his preferences and his own favorites.....
From my point of view:
TBA table(s) must be fixed on some places some bugs, but there are real Tables(!). Till this moment, I've buy every season (plus some tables double, before season 1 was as Paket released). I've make also the compare with ZEN, and I'm owner of some tables- but I'm waiting of Spec. Offers from ZEN. The tables are not bad, the story needs time to understood, but there are a lot of situations, where the behavior of the ball in cooperation with the table or flippers are unrealistic. And here we are (my personal meaning) TBA clear on position 1.
On other hand, I haven't found no other tables as from TPA and ZEN, where I was the meaning to pay for them ;) and I've try a lot of....

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Got about 300M on South Park. 600M on Butters. Solid tables, but I can't stand South Park. Those voices are REALLY beginning to grate...

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
I just bought this last night on android and it doesn't play at full resolution on my phone for some reason. I have an LG Optimus G Pro with a 5.6in 1080p screen that usually looks pixel-less but South Park which is the only zen ive tried on it looks all jaggy and muddy and is seemigly playing at what looks like half of my phone's resolution stretched. It's really annoying having been so used seeing clean crisp games on the screen. Doesn't seem to be anything in the setting to fix it.

oqvist

Nov 23, 2013
Just tried these tables out a bit. The first feels like it might be worth a purchase nice layout and voice overs south park feels like it was made to be pinball lol. The second seem to be a ripoff of attack from Mars but I didn´t have fun with that one strangely. I don´t know I curse Pinball arcade tables for being so hard and drainy but this is to easy and predictable lol

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
I just bought this last night on android and it doesn't play at full resolution on my phone for some reason. I have an LG Optimus G Pro with a 5.6in 1080p screen that usually looks pixel-less but South Park which is the only zen ive tried on it looks all jaggy and muddy and is seemigly playing at what looks like half of my phone's resolution stretched. It's really annoying having been so used seeing clean crisp games on the screen. Doesn't seem to be anything in the setting to fix it.

This should be pinned.

Eaton Beaver

Jan 25, 2014
One thing I noticed on the South Park: Pinball stand alone app is there are only 4,670 ranked people total on the app according to Game Center. The Walking Dead Pinball stand alone app has 8,641 people ranked according to Game Center totals. Anyone have an idea on how many people are ranked within the Zen pinball app on iOS on both South Park tables and The Walking Dead pinball table?

Members online

Members online