South Park Pinball

Bravewall

Jul 5, 2014
Zen just posted this to their facebook page.
10644956_10154663717615788_7013338567023398305_n.jpg

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Awesome, but I would have preferred the original Sega pinball.

I hope they don't try and design it for an "E" rating. That would probably ruin the humor in it.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I'm happy that it isn't the original Sega table. That table was humerous, but poorly designed IMO.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Farsight needs more tables like this.

As I've said way too much already, they should have Kickstarted The Simpsons Pinball while sorting out the legal issues surrounding The Addams Family table.
Pinball Arcade has way more monster/macabre tables then it needs, but not a single colorful cartoon style table.

If Zen gets to the Simpsons license first then I doubt this will ever happen. It would kill the incentive enough to where they would not attempt a Kickstarter.
I hope this doesn't happen. If they released The Simpsons (Either or both tables) it would be awesome.

IMG_3062.jpg

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
I hope they don't try and design it for an "E" rating. That would probably ruin the humor in it.
They've already said it'll be "E". The DLC can't exceed the original game's rating (which is "E"). That's the reason Farsight has mentioned doing a separate Pinball After Dark for risque titles.

Bravewall

Jul 5, 2014
I give South park enough credit to be funny, while working within the confines of game ratings.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
They've already said it'll be "E". The DLC can't exceed the original game's rating (which is "E"). That's the reason Farsight has mentioned doing a separate Pinball After Dark for risque titles.

Can't they allow the adult content via a code or DLC?
How does Farsight get around it? They have the censored stuff from Scared Stiff available in Pro Mode from what I recall.

I really don;t think the South Park humor will be good if they have to watch what they can say/do. It's the absurd, uncensored stuff that makes it great IMO. I.E. I;m guessing we will not get a "Chef's Chocolate Salty Balls Mode" :p

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I doubt there will be "Chef" anything. Matt and Trey didn't take to kindly to Issac leaving the way he did.

As for the humor...for starters, South Park has moved way beyond fart and poop jokes. Sure, they still do them, but it is no longer the punchline to the joke. In terms of language, Zen will just bleep it out as they did with the Deadpool table. I personally find that funnier. Just watch any Jimmy Kimmel Show's 'This Week In Unnecessary Censorship' to see how the perfectly innocent can become sublimely foul with a well placed bleep.

The Sega table was a cash grab from the first season. There was no quality control back then (just witness the N64 game). Matt and Trey are much more careful with their product now, so I suspect we'll see a much more matured product, that will not lose any of it's bite by being rated E. I'm excited for this.

Sun Vulcan

Jun 28, 2012
Achievements on Steam:

I'm not your friend, buddy!
Start the Windy Bumpers on the South Park: Super Sweet Pinball.

Multi Nuggets
Start the Mr. Hankey Multiball on the South Park: Super Sweet Pinball.

Pimped Out
Get one outfit in Butters' Outfit mode in South Park: Butters' Very Own Pinball Game.

Bike Curious!?
Start the Bikers Multiball in South Park: Butters' Very Own Pinball Game.

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Achievements on Steam:

I'm not your friend, buddy!
Start the Windy Bumpers on the South Park: Super Sweet Pinball.

Multi Nuggets
Start the Mr. Hankey Multiball on the South Park: Super Sweet Pinball.

Pimped Out
Get one outfit in Butters' Outfit mode in South Park: Butters' Very Own Pinball Game.

Bike Curious!?
Start the Bikers Multiball in South Park: Butters' Very Own Pinball Game.

Oh boy...
This is gonna be one heck of a pack...

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Calling it already...The Butters Show looks like the gem. I do like that they went with paper cutout versions if the characters. Seems the other table will be like the Star Wars tables with scenes to complete.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.