Phantom of the Opera Screenshots

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
It will be nice to FINALLY see a Data East section on the forum. :cool:

Data East is Sega is Stern Pinball, unfortunately. (Can't say that Data East didn't come to TPA, though ;) )

That being said, I wonder what will happen with the DMD Data East and Sega games? Modified ROMs with the Stern logo?

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Incorrect.

From Farsight:

Join [MENTION=3401]BadgerDeluxe[/MENTION] and @gnarmike this Thursday at 3:00PM PST! We will be hosting a live Twitch stream to talk with all of you about the Kickstarter and show off our newest table: Phantom of the Opera™ which should be releasing this Friday if everything goes according to plan! Head on over to our channel and subscribe! http://www.twitch.tv/farsight_studios

I don't mind being wrong in this case. I've also been advised by Baron Rubik that the Android beta is out but is a closed beta.
Please disregard everything except "Can't wait to play it again."

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
Data East is Sega is Stern Pinball, unfortunately. (Can't say that Data East didn't come to TPA, though ;) )

That being said, I wonder what will happen with the DMD Data East and Sega games? Modified ROMs with the Stern logo?

It would be cool to see a lone "Data East" section. I hope they don't consolidate them.

I don't mind being wrong in this case. I've also been advised by Baron Rubik that the Android beta is out but is a closed beta.
Please disregard everything except "Can't wait to play it again."

I didn't mean that to sound so...mean? I was just lettin ya know.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
What about the backglass? It comes into play during the game, where you can "unmask" the Phantom and see an interpretation that even beats Lon Chaney's legendary turn.

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
What about the backglass? It comes into play during the game, where you can "unmask" the Phantom and see an interpretation that even beats Lon Chaney's legendary turn.

How do you trigger this unmasking? I looked thru the rulesheets and can't find any mention of how to do it.

W1LDD ONE

Jul 21, 2013
New tables also tonight on Pinball HD. IOS

Red Planet (this table has been in the works for like a year now or longer and three tables released tonight) SURPRISED!!!

Pirates. My favorite awesome layout!!!

Tanks

Pinball Heaven This Week. And POT This Friday!

New (Spooky) table also tonight on Zaccaria!

Just sharing some pinball release news with you great folks. Don't mean to change discussion topic.

Last edited:
D

dmarcoot2

This table has amazing art and sound. One of my top 5 tables I love the most.

chinzman93

Jul 1, 2013
This table has amazing art and sound. One of my top 5 tables I love the most.

I totally agree on the sound and nice looking. It's great. However, I never really got hooked by this table for some reason, probably just personal choice. But it definitely deserves a space in TPA and it looks like FS did a great job on it. I think this is one the will greatly benefit from DX11 lighting. Can't wait to give it another round of plays. It's been a long time since I last played it, maybe it will grow on me.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Thanks for clarifying regarding flippers, everyone. But is it confirmed that all DE references will be removed from the table? Doesn't bother me, just curious.

How do you trigger this unmasking? I looked thru the rulesheets and can't find any mention of how to do it.

I think multiball triggers it? Can't really remember as you don't often look at the backglass during play. Pretty sure it happens in attract mode, though.

Rich Lehmann

Aug 26, 2014
Anyone else bothered by the "Solid State" flippers. It's the first thing that caught my eye and they don't look like they belong on the table.

karl

May 10, 2012
Never understood all the love for this table, to be honest. It looks good and it sounds good but the rules(to me at least) are some of the poorest I have come across ever, including old em tables. Must be something wrong with me :confused:

Farsight version looks and plays good, so I am happy for all those who really want this table. I will of course buy it anyway. Come Friday, I will purchase season 4 pass the second it becomes available on Steam:)

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
Anyone else bothered by the "Solid State" flippers. It's the first thing that caught my eye and they don't look like they belong on the table.

Playfield.jpg

Seems ok to me.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Never understood all the love for this table, to be honest. It looks good and it sounds good but the rules(to me at least) are some of the poorest I have come across ever, including old em tables. Must be something wrong with me :confused:

Farsight version looks and plays good, so I am happy for all those who really want this table. I will of course buy it anyway. Come Friday, I will purchase season 4 pass the second it becomes available on Steam:)
It's famous for having a great theme, and great presentation with the artwork (particularly the beauty and the beast combo of the aforementioned rendition of the Phantom, and Christine, who's very "talented" in visual stimulation) music, voice, and sounds (the scream when you drain down the outlane is probably the coolest drain sound in history), which are probably the reason this attracted so much attention upon it's initial release, and remains one of the more valuable ($1200-1500 at last check) pre-DMD games on the market. However, the ruleset is lacking, with very little to do, and apparently there's a feature (I think Catwalk Millions), which, like the Cliffhanger loop in DW, pretty much makes every other scoring feature irrelevant.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
True, it is basically a one shot pin if you are just going for score. But you can also play for 2 or 3 ball multiball, which is also fun.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
Yeah, the "SOLID STATE" flippers are correct for all DE games of this era. That said.. they still are supposed to have the embossed data east logo, as revealed by the flyer.

When working they are unusually consistent in their flips, which is what allows you to completely destroy back to the future without even using the left flipper (plunge feeds right one)

I think this table will need a physics hack to stop people from nudge trapping after a ramp shot, or everyone and their grandmother will be able to roll it on PC/Console.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.