Phantom of the Opera Screenshots

D

dmarcoot2

I totally agree on the sound and nice looking. It's great. However, I never really got hooked by this table for some reason, probably just personal choice. But it definitely deserves a space in TPA and it looks like FS did a great job on it. I think this is one the will greatly benefit from DX11 lighting. Can't wait to give it another round of plays. It's been a long time since I last played it, maybe it will grow on me.

I will admit, the game play is not very deep compared Bally & William's tables of the era.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
I think it's worth including for the looks alone. Play it in a darkened room, it really stays with you.

David T. Melnick

Jul 23, 2014
Solid State

Yeah, the "SOLID STATE" flippers are correct for all DE games of this era. That said.. they still are supposed to have the embossed data east logo, as revealed by the flyer.

When working they are unusually consistent in their flips, which is what allows you to completely destroy back to the future without even using the left flipper (plunge feeds right one)

I think this table will need a physics hack to stop people from nudge trapping after a ramp shot, or everyone and their grandmother will be able to roll it on PC/Console.
-------------
LOL!! Grandmom play. I am trying to get my "Gammy" to get into this also. :);)

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
Thanks for clarifying regarding flippers, everyone. But is it confirmed that all DE references will be removed from the table? Doesn't bother me, just curious.

Considering there aren't a lot of DE logos on the game, I don't think it's that big of a deal. The tiny logos on the flippers (even the "Solid State" flippers have them) and one rather small logo on the backglass are all that I see in pictures.

thefly0810

Feb 13, 2014
I will of course buy it anyway. Come Friday, I will purchase season 4 pass the second it becomes available on Steam:)

I still can't wrap my head around Farsight's reasoning with their Season passes. Why are the Season passes still allowed at the beginning of the season on Steam but not until the end on consoles? I know they claim that they don't want to anger Apple customers, but I would consider consoles more on par with PC's than mobile, so I don't understand the restriction. Farsight wants to be fair, but it's not fair when it's still available on one platform, and not any of the others. Why punish console players for Apple's policies? Releasing The Pinball Arcade Season pass at the beginning of the season on consoles isn't any different than the season passes for COD or Battlefield. We may not know what or when 10 tables are coming, but we know they're coming. It's the same with COD or BF passes. We don't know what maps, modes, or add-ons that are coming, but people know that 4 or 5 packs are coming with their purchase. I just don't understand Farsight's logic.

PS - TPOTO is looking very nice.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
FS pulled season passes from all non-Steam platforms mid-season 3 when the Apple policy changed/was made clear.

Now they are deciding that they will offer season 4 passes on all platforms other than iOS.

There will be a S4 pass for Android, I'm assuming that on Steam we will see the S4 pass available with the POTO update.

I can't speak for Sony, I've never used a PS3, PS4, or Vita.

thefly0810

Feb 13, 2014
FS pulled season passes from all non-Steam platforms mid-season 3 when the Apple policy changed/was made clear.

Now they are deciding that they will offer season 4 passes on all platforms other than iOS.

There will be a S4 pass for Android, I'm assuming that on Steam we will see the S4 pass available with the POTO update.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I'm a gamer on a budget. I'm disabled and have been unable to work, drive and have had extreme difficulty walking without falling to the floor since April 2012. I've been fighting disability for over 2 years. I have an amazing, wonderful supportive wife works extremely hard for our family. My PS 4 was a Christmas gift. Most of my games I receive are either Christmas or birthday gifts. In between, I'll trade games in at Best Buy for PSN cash, and I'll usually buy my games when they're on sale or wait until they're available through PS+. With TPA, it makes more sense for me to be patient and wait until the Season Pass is available and save $20.
Using The Phantom of the Opera as an example, I look forward to trying the demo when available. However, with the current Season Pass model, I will not be playing the full version of TPOTO on the PS 4 until the Season 4 Pass is available in either August or September of 2015 at the earliest.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012

Last I checked, season passes are still available on Sony platforms.

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
Well the table looks good from what they showed in the Twitch stream. Here's some additional notes from it, including some info that Bobby King dropped when he came in to answer questions:

- The stand-alone table is confirmed to be Ghostbusters
- It is based on both Ghostbusters 1 & 2
- Its a mod of the Haunted House table
- There will be mutliball
- Didn't directly confirm but seemed to be saying it will use sounds/clips from the movies
- This will initially be just for mobile devices. Not sure about consoles/PC

- 1 EM scheduled for each season (Bobby King)
- F14 is probably going to happen (Bobby King)
- Banzai Run and Party Zone on the short list (Bobby King)
- The Dark Knight table would be a 7 figure license table so not happening (Bobby King)
- Lord of the Rings might be possible. May need to wait a bit. Next year will look at it again (Bobby King)
- Tales from the Crypt may be possible for next Halloween
- Discussed the possibility of releasing newer Stern tables *IF* Stern includes a deal in their license agreement with whatever license they're making a table for

- Progress with getting the Christopher Lloyd likeness for Addams is slow going (Bobby King)
- The Addams Family Gold table will be a timed exclusive for the Kickstarter. They seemed to indicate it will be awhile before it becomes purchasable. And when it is purchasable it will likely be higher in price.
- The Addams Family physic balls will essentially be like modifying the pitch of the table - but they are not 100% sure of everything they can do at this time. So might do more. (Bobby King)
- There will be glow in the dark balls for The Addams Family table. But they will only work on platforms that support the dynamic lighting. So not for mobile devices.
- Along the same lines they still need to support old tablets when they release tables so have to keep that in mind - e.g. iPad2 power at least

- Cabinet mode may have some legal hurdles to go over with what they can and can not do. (Bobby King)
- I wish he explained this a bit more of why there are legal hurdles.
- They are working on a pinball construction set but its still early. A lot of development work needs to be done to make it user friendly still. (Bobby King)

- Question was asked if there will be a physical release for the XB1 version of TPA. Right now no. But they are still working with the publisher, so it could be possible at some point.

- Seasons Pass purchases at the start of the season will also be coming back for all platforms with the POTO release for that platform. But not for iOS due to Apple policies.

Last edited:

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
I think Bobby jumped the gun on TFTC, seeing they actually need to work on and release PAD just to get the table on it. Remember, they already confirmed it would NOT be on TPA, due to the violence and gore.

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
I think Bobby jumped the gun on TFTC, seeing they actually need to work on and release PAD just to get the table on it. Remember, they already confirmed it would NOT be on TPA, due to the violence and gore.

That one didn't come from Bobby. Was the community managers that mentioned it. So possible they forgot what they said previously or they have new insight on what's possible to get away with. But that was almost their direct quote.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
That one didn't come from Bobby. Was the community managers that mentioned it. So possible they forgot what they said previously or they have new insight on what's possible to get away with. But that was almost their direct quote.

Was it, I must have confused them.

Either way, again, no way on earth it's coming out for TPA. I don't think it even has a family mode.

Personally, I hope they start to work on PAD, cause TFTC NEEDS to be included.

karl

May 10, 2012
If it is not coming from Bobby King, you can take what they think is possible down the line with a pinch of salt :)

thefly0810

Feb 13, 2014
- Seasons Pass purchases at the start of the season will also be coming back for all platforms with the POTO release for that platform. But not for iOS due to Apple policies.

Woo-Hoo. Pay no attention my above posts.:D Move along. Nothing to see here folks.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.