Phantom of the Opera ~Twitchstream~ Highlights

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Sorry guys... you were too late this time. But I did get some awesome stuff from the stream:

- Table based on Ghostbusters I & II confirmed. It will be a reskin of Haunted House and will feature several features used in modern tables, like modes and multiballs. It will still use the same alphanumeric system though.
- Bobby King joined the stream near the beginning and mentioned that Jack*Bot, Banzai Run, and The Party Zone are on his lists and might be put into a season.
- Badger started the best impromptu rendition of "We Will Rock You" ever (that is a bit of a stretch ;))
- SOUTH PORK
- I showed how awesome Mike and Badger are by giving them support and virtually hugging them at the end
- My karma vanished and I didn't get a free table
- No Data East tables any time soon - they are huge licenses

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
Of all the tables to reskin, Haunted House?

This probably explains why there were so many Gottlieb Premier's at the end of the last season too.

Still, on the plus side I won't feel bad about it not being integrated into TPA (even though I'll probably still buy it because I'm a sucker for spending money on pinball)

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Also, livestream tomorrow on my Twitch channel! I'll be doing Phantom in the evening (after-school hours), so check (not too) often!

Flotilla

Nov 6, 2013
Of all the tables to reskin, Haunted House?

Hey now, Haunted House is an underrated table. With a new ruleset that integrates score attack and multiball modes and likely some playfield alteration, I can see it being a great table.

That being said, I won't even be touching it unless it comes to PC... and they made it seem as though it's mobile only for now, so meh.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
Haunted house as the mod is a MASSIVE letdown. Probably the most boring pin in TPA. Hope I'm wrong but my enthusiasm for this table just plummeted even with the confirmation of GHOSTBUSTERS.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
Haunted house as the mod is a MASSIVE letdown. Probably the most boring pin in TPA. Hope I'm wrong but my enthusiasm for this table just plummeted even with the confirmation of GHOSTBUSTERS.

+1

As soon as I heard they were re-using a table, I already lost interest.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I really don't see how anyone can be letdown if they haven't even seen or played the table yet. Just remember that modded and re-skined are two totally different things. I'm thinking a lot of people here are thinking of the latter which is not what this table will be.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
On one hand haunted house is not that great of an experience. I think it does have untapped potential. Adding the alphanumeric is a good step. Realistically nobody should expect a dmd mod on the first try out of the gate. I also know of one table that was modded for multiball and it was crazy. This table needed that.
I also hope the license remains in play. I would love to see jersey jack do something with it. The biggest shame is that pinball 2k did not continue and will not likely ever be possible again. There should have a thread for unrealized uses of that technology but ghostbusters would have been beyond perfect.

Last edited:

Rich Lehmann

Aug 26, 2014
Haunted House is one of my favorite tables but I still think doing a mod is a big mistake. I don't like the idea and I hope it is not part of the TPA tables. I like knowing I have all the tables and I don't want a fake table. And I would be totally pissed if it ends up as one of the season 4 tables. Real tables or no table at all.

chinzman93

Jul 1, 2013
I wasn't really let down by the Ghost Busters table, it's mobile only. But I can see how some would be. I was let down by the cab support. I think it is more of a collective...arghhh. Basically, multiple groups came away with a little disappointment. Still somewhat excited by the potential of Pirates....I thought that would be a no-go zone.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
I really don't see how anyone can be letdown if they haven't even seen or played the table yet. Just remember that modded and re-skined are two totally different things. I'm thinking a lot of people here are thinking of the latter which is not what this table will be.

Haunted House is the most boring playfield in TPA to me. Hence I am massively let down with the news it's being used. That being said I love the license and hope I'm wrong. Just expressing my initial reaction.

Last edited:

lapaille

Apr 4, 2014

Yes +1 let's wait and see

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
Having watched the twitch stream, I have come to one of two conclusions.

either the players suck, or the table has been tuned to the point of ridonkulously difficult.

the flippers seem really unpredictable, but it could just be them sucking.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.