Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
Stay far, far away from Jeff. *Whew* I go to play a friendly game and it's like I'm playing Heroics! lol

Where the hell is Shutyertrap at? You better not be no *Ranked 8*. :p

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Now this is out on Android, I'm playing it. I understand cross-platform play is possible between iOS and Android.

I'd be certain that those playing from the beginning like me would be at a serious disadvantage playing someone like [MENTION=134]shutyertrap[/MENTION] or [MENTION=3]Jeff Strong[/MENTION] but I'm willing to get pwned for great justice.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Apparently you have to add by email address, so if anyone wants to add me, mine is jaredleonmorgan at gmail dot com.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Sounds good man. The cool thing is that even though all my decks are pretty advanced with powerful cards, there's still the option to use the basic decks for stuff like this. I'll add ya soon.

BTW [MENTION=486]Bonzo[/MENTION] plays too.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Actually I suck, and I'm playing with mostly basic cards as I spent all my gold on buying the expansion and not on buying card packs. Really wish they'd hurry up and come out with the iPhone version, as I'm usually doing 5 billion other things when I'm sitting at the PC. I'll add you in next time I log on.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
Apparently you have to add by email address, so if anyone wants to add me, mine is jaredleonmorgan at gmail dot com.

Added.

BTW- Jeff is a MONSTER at the game. I wish you all the best. Hahahaha

Actually I suck, and I'm playing with mostly basic cards as I spent all my gold on buying the expansion and not on buying card packs. Really wish they'd hurry up and come out with the iPhone version, as I'm usually doing 5 billion other things when I'm sitting at the PC. I'll add you in next time I log on.

I've gotten a lot better.

The thing for me is that I'll spend a decent amount of money, and yet almost NEVER get any of the Legendary cards. It's really starting to piss me off. I've had to use dust to create 3 of them so far. At this point, my goal is to get all the gold cards for each Hero. My Hunter is finished, and my Warlock is about to hit 50. I have nearly all the cards for the starter deck and the new Gnome/Goblins deck...but barely any Legendary cards. lol

What do you think of the Mechs? I'm just starting to use them for my Rogue. I think she's the weakest hero of the bunch, but give her a ton of Mechs, and she becomes pretty decent.

Last edited:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I don't even know the first thing about disenchanting cards and stuff like that. I'm sure there's a tutorial about it. I'm just trying to unlock all my character basic decks.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I honestly haven't played Hearthstone for a long time. The problem with the game for me is that it is real-time. And if, for example, your wife wants you to do something for her and you say "Let me just finish this turn and I'll be right with you" that goes down like a cup of cold sick.

So I like the idea, but I'm not sure whether Hearthstone fits into the lives of the family man with kids <5yo. ;)

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
So I like the idea, but I'm not sure whether Hearthstone fits into the lives of the family man with kids <5yo. ;)

That's why you have to get the kiddos hooked into watching you play! I started doing a running commentary where I was making up stories about the various cards played and soon the kid was no longer a problem.

But I totally get what you're saying. My wife has poked her head in to ask a question numerous times and it's like, "woman, can't you see I'm busy?!!" Doesn't go over so well.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Nice work Jeff. You seemed in control the whole match.

Thanks man. There were a couple scary moments, especially when he brought out JARAXXUS, but the heals and other pally shenanigans were just too strong.

I honestly haven't played Hearthstone for a long time. The problem with the game for me is that it is real-time. And if, for example, your wife wants you to do something for her and you say "Let me just finish this turn and I'll be right with you" that goes down like a cup of cold sick.

I hear ya man. Pinball probably falls into that same category, eh? Well, at least you can pause pinball though :)

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
The thing for me is that I'll spend a decent amount of money, and yet almost NEVER get any of the Legendary cards. It's really starting to piss me off. I've had to use dust to create 3 of them so far. At this point, my goal is to get all the gold cards for each Hero. My Hunter is finished, and my Warlock is about to hit 50. I have nearly all the cards for the starter deck and the new Gnome/Goblins deck...but barely any Legendary cards. lol

I found this analysis of cards found in packs:

http://hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Card_pack#Statistics

The chances of getting a pack with any 5 legendary cards is one in a million.

Members online

Members online