First impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
Yessuriebob. People complain about it's tangy sauce. And the cheesy bread that comes with it is called 'crazy bread'. Kinda spongey. But dang, maybe I might order some pizza even after I just ate some burritos. You ever hear of Jet's pizza? So yum. I've officially made it my mission for today to find a pizza place with pinball so I can live there. And then work there, and then eventually get fired for playing too much pinball. That is my dream!

A man after my own heart. What state do you live in?? I've never heard of either place and I've traveled throughout the us guide a bit but never come across a hungry Howies. But hungry Hebs.....you've never seen such a heap o food my tape worm, his name is Bob, loves Herb!!! ;)

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
A man after my own heart. What state do you live in?? I've never heard of either place and I've traveled throughout the us guide a bit but never come across a hungry Howies. But hungry Hebs.....you've never seen such a heap o food my tape worm, his name is Bob, loves Herb!!! ;)

But is his name Crazy Bob? Hehe, I had to relate it back to pinball somehow. I'm in West Michigan. Where I grew up has a ton of competing pizza chains. So it's like Ninja Turtles up in this ma

Rich Lehmann

Aug 26, 2014
Haha. I'd feel fine. Everyone is allowed to recommend whatever they want. Going with your restaurant comparison, let's say your choices are 'pizza hut', 'dominoes', 'little Cesar's', and 'hungry howies'. Well, someone has aggressively voted for Dominoes. Let's just be clear, it IS a vote. But dominoes doesn't have the best rep. And now you take Pizza Hut, that's already been done, so they're not going to build a Pizza Hut. And then you've got Little Cesar's. They are the cheapest. So why would anyone vote for that? If they want the best? And then you've got hungry howies. It's an under rated pizza place but no one cares to vote because no one knows about it. Are you telling me you'd be mad at the person that is gunning for the dominoes? You could've voted for Pizza Hut just as much. And even if you did, it wouldn't have made sense.

At the end of the day, you just need a piece of pizza, so you're going to buy one anyways. Could you tell those pizza places were the Halloween themed tables? Now I'm hungry
Yes, everyone can do whatever they want. Thank you for pointing out the obvious. But if someone recommends Little Cesaer and then when it arrives is like "Oh, I have never had it before, I just like the commercials." I reserve my right to be unhappy with that person.

And I think "the youngsters" will get the reference. It not only shows up on Broadway every 10 years, has had 3 movies the most recent in 2004, it also shows up as parody in cartoons. I just saw a new Scooby Doo version of it.

Last edited:

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Yes, everyone can do whatever they want. Thank you for pointing out the obvious.

Really guy? Well then howbout the other obvious... Anyone can LISTEN if they want. AKA FS, do you really think one person's 'aggressive' requests were the only factor to them making POTO. The whole pizza thing I was talking about earlier was meant to show that they didn't have a whole lot of options with another unlicensed Halloween table anyways. And that POPO was the logical choice for them. Gee wizz

Rich Lehmann

Aug 26, 2014
Really guy? Well then howbout the other obvious... Anyone can LISTEN if they want. AKA FS, do you really think one person's 'aggressive' requests were the only factor to them making POTO. The whole pizza thing I was talking about earlier was meant to show that they didn't have a whole lot of options with another unlicensed Halloween table anyways. And that POPO was the logical choice for them. Gee wizz

Last edited:

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
It's actually a good recreation, even if the shots were all made a bit artificially difficult. I'd say it's about as difficult as real life.

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
But is his name Crazy Bob? Hehe, I had to relate it back to pinball somehow. I'm in West Michigan. Where I grew up has a ton of competing pizza chains. So it's like Ninja Turtles up in this ma

Sorry....just got back from picking up a pizza. Couldn't resist. ;). I know Nina turtles has something to do with pizza but I don't get the reference to Massachusetts? Please explain. ;)

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
For me POTO is like a prettier Class of 1812. Similiar style layout, both basically one shot pins, both easy to get multiballs. Neither will be my favorite pins, but I will play and enjoy both of them. I like it for the most part and am glad to see a Data East pin make an appearance.
I've only played POTO at a pin show. These outlanes seems a little more hungry than the one I played. POTO is more of a SDTM drainer IRL to my recollection.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Ma, like mother. You might have to watch Trailer Park Boys to get it, cause J-rok says it quite a lot. In any case, I better stay off this thread til I've actually played the table in question. Who knows, I might have some useful input. Haha, that's funny that you were inspired to get some pizza though. It's kinda like how I wanna drink a beer after watching a show where everyone is drinking beer. :D

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
Is it more of a drainer the Diner? I have iOS and OSX so I don't know yet!
I wouldn't call Diner a drainer. This one, well, I didn't play it much yet but probably in top 5 drainers. At least when it comes to SDTM. And there's not much you can do about it.
On the other hand, finally a table with very random kickouts.

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
Ma, like mother. You might have to watch Trailer Park Boys to get it, cause J-rok says it quite a lot. In any case, I better stay off this thread til I've actually played the table in question. Who knows, I might have some useful input. Haha, that's funny that you were inspired to get some pizza though. It's kinda like how I wanna drink a beer after watching a show where everyone is drinking beer. :D

Cheers sir!! I also don't have the table yet thanks to Apples arrogance. Now go get that beer my friend!!

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
I don't understand why you would campaign so hard for a table you never played. Next time you like the way something looks, please spare us and make it your desktop wallpaper instead. :p

Why did I campaign for it without playing it? Well, for a couple of reasons:

1. Because I've heard so many good things about it.

2. Everything about it looked and sounded great.

3. It's actually a hard to find machine, and the odds of myself ever seeing it in real life, compared to a lot of others, were slim to none.

Secondly, to say this is the "weakest table since Season 2" is just flat out ridiculous. It takes just a few seconds to go look on the Forum or on the FB comments to see all the endless complaints LCA received. In fact, just go ahead and ask on the FB how well LCA has done. (Hint- It didn't do so well)

At any rate, it doesn't matter, because obviously not every table is for everyone, hence the point of making this thread. I'm sorry you didn't like it, cause I love it! :p

What I find funny is that the people who are saying the table "isn't very fun" or "isn't really challenging" are the same people who gush over EM's. (Ya know, the tables that truly aren't very fun and aren't very challenging. lol)

now I really wonder where this will go. Since DokkenRokken was bashing LCA so much and now his favourite seems to go the same way :D

Please learn the difference between "bashing" and stating facts. See more details above.

Last edited:

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
To me, this just plays like a slightly more complicated version of Pinbot. I got no problem with Pinbot.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Anyone who says EMs aren't very challenging hasn't played many EMs. Watch the best in world play them at PAPA. Certainly looks challenging to me. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online