First impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
Anyone who says EMs aren't very challenging hasn't played many EMs. Watch the best in world play them at PAPA. Certainly looks challenging to me. Lol.

I would, but then I'd fall asleep from boredom.

Oh, and I've played plenty. The majority are boring, repetitive, and most of all- ugly to look at.

To me, this just plays like a slightly more complicated version of Pinbot. I got no problem with Pinbot.

Agreed.

Really guy? Well then howbout the other obvious... Anyone can LISTEN if they want. AKA FS, do you really think one person's 'aggressive' requests were the only factor to them making POTO. The whole pizza thing I was talking about earlier was meant to show that they didn't have a whole lot of options with another unlicensed Halloween table anyways. And that POPO was the logical choice for them. Gee wizz

POTO had been heavily requested for the past year or so.

Last edited:

Rich Lehmann

Aug 26, 2014
As far as how many complaints LCA has, well no duh it has more complaints on the forum that POTO, POTO has only been out 3 days. Give it time and it will be just as disliked. I would think worse. LCA has annoying features but it plays much better than POTO, all of Season 3 are better. All POTOs has is its branding. Take the branding away and this table would never exist let alone be talked about. It is a bad table anyone can see that. Challenging tables should be challenging for the right reasons not because the objectives are nonsense and it drains like crazy. Anyone defending it has been limited to superficial aspects like music and art. Maybe that's the reason why a table with such a well known brand would be so difficult to find IRL, because it stinks.

Last edited:
D

dmarcoot2

I loved playing this table 23 years ago. Its not my favorite or the most interesting, but it was in my top 5 i enjoyed the most.

Glad its here and I can't wait for to arrive in iOS. I thought LCA, Diner and especially High Roller, were horrible. I wish I could get a refund on High Roller.
To each his own.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I thought LCA, Diner and especially High Roller, were horrible. I wish I could get a refund on High Roller.
To each his own.

I agree. After that string, I thought that maybe I was just getting sick of pinball and it just wasn't doing it for me anymore. Then came BSD, and all was right in the world again.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
As far as how many complaints LCA has, well no duh it has more complaints on the forum that POTO, POTO has only been out 3 days. Give it time and it will be just as disliked. I would think worse. LCA has annoying features but it plays much better than POTO, all of Season 3 are better. All POTOs has is its branding. Take the branding away and this table would never exist let alone be talked about. It is a bad table anyone can see that. Challenging tables should be challenging for the right reasons not because the objectives are nonsense and it drains like crazy. Anyone defending it has been limited to superficial aspects like music and art. Maybe that's the reason why a table with such a well known brand would be so difficult to find IRL, because it stinks.

Again, it's so "horrible" that its been highly requested for a few years now. lol

Keep trying, you'll make a point one of these days.

Oh, and POTO is a Top 100 ranked table....as opposed to LCA, which is not. lol

Last edited:

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
I loved playing this table 23 years ago. Its not my favorite or the most interesting, but it was in my top 5 i enjoyed the most.

Glad its here and I can't wait for to arrive in iOS. I thought LCA, Diner and especially High Roller, were horrible. I wish I could get a refund on High Roller.
To each his own.

Cool profile name!

That same name was just banned on the FB page for spamming.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
But a table that doesn't drain like crazy tends to get turned over in TPA. :)

And while that red catwalk ramp is the one true path to points, you will miss it sooner or later, and will drain. Earning extra balls from the mirror and the standups help keep you going, and earning more and more points until you finally reach that all important ball three, with your chance to double your score. And since the standups are drain shots, multiball helps you collect that standup extra ball.

With extra balls turned off, like for a tournament, it's a much more one dimensional game.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
This thread is for everyone's first impressions of POTO. And it is just your opinion and therefore everybody is right (for them). Some will love it, some will hate it, and most will fall somewhere in between.
People should try and post their opinion as opinions rather than stating them as facts. When people state their opinion as fact or tell someone else their opinion is wrong, that is when people get all butt hurt. Everyone's opinion is valid no matter the reason.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
This thread is for everyone's first impressions of POTO. And it is just your opinion and therefore everybody is right (for them). Some will love it, some will hate it, and most will fall somewhere in between.
People should try and post their opinion as opinions rather than stating them as facts. When people state their opinion as fact or tell someone else their opinion is wrong, that is when people get all butt hurt. Everyone's opinion is valid no matter the reason.

I agree, Kolchak, people also shouldn't try to start heated debates by accusing other people of "table bashing" other tables, when simply stating an opinion.

I don't think people should also get all "butt hurt" when one backs up his opinion by facts. I believe we went through this with the "EMs" debate. I recall, even when direct quotes from the company were posted, people still insisted on posting ignorant responses. It appears we're right back in that same situation, at least when it comes to LCA. (Which this thread has suddenly turned into)

It is what it is, I guess. Too many butt hurt people I guess, eh Kolchak? lol

Rich Lehmann

Aug 26, 2014
Again, it's so "horrible" that its been highly requested for a few years now. lol

Keep trying, you'll make a point one of these days.
You have still failed to make a single point as to what is good about the table other than that you like the art and music, but seeing as you also like the music Dokken... you haven't made any point as to why this table isn't horrible. Please stop sending TPA emails about tables being great that you have never even bothered to play IRL. It's like a little kid in a record store thinking the cover of a crappy bands album, say Dokken, looks cool and instantly deciding you must have it because it is your new favorite band. Then after listening to the horrible band, say Dokken, insisting you didn't just waste your money and that it is really great ...for the next 25 years.

And anyone that thinks Diner is a terrible table should not bother playing pinball. Go back to playing Halo, you clearly do not get the point of playing pinball.

Last edited:

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Sorry dude, I don't like Diner, but I love Taxi. No, I can't explain it. It might be the way Diner's tuned. Lots of death shots.

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
Sorry dude, I don't like Diner, but I love Taxi. No, I can't explain it. It might be the way Diner's tuned. Lots of death shots.

You just ruined my PS3 users long awaiting.
In one single sentence. :)

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
You just ruined my PS3 users long awaiting.
In one single sentence. :)

Ack. It's just me! It's just me! You may like it! It's a good table! Really! Just listen to Rich! He'll tell ya! It just kicks my butt is all.

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
Ack. It's just me! It's just me! You may like it! It's a good table! Really! Just listen to Rich! He'll tell ya! It just kicks my butt is all.

Too late.
I'm already on my knees, crying on a corner of my house.
Damage is done...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.