First impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
PS3 = still no first impressions of POTO at all.

(I don't like playing TPA on my phone)

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
You have still failed to make a single point as to what is good about the table other than that you like the art and music, but seeing as you also like the music Dokken... you haven't made any point as to why this table isn't horrible. Please stop sending TPA emails about tables being great that you have never even bothered to play IRL. It's like a little kid in a record store thinking the cover of a crappy bands album, say Dokken, looks cool and instantly deciding you must have it because it is your new favorite band. Then after listening to the horrible band, say Dokken, insisting you didn't just waste your money and that it is really great ...for the next 25 years.

And anyone that thinks Diner is a terrible table should not bother playing pinball. Go back to playing Halo, you clearly do not get the point of playing pinball.

lol, keep up the personal attacks, kiddo. I listed plenty, it's just not good enough for you, and I truly couldn't care less.

Is that you again, Bill Smith? Go to bed, you've got school in the morning.

The "Ignore" feature is a wonderful thing. :D

Last edited:

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
I think the important thing to remember is that what I like is better than what you idiots like.

JJH516

Banned
Jun 4, 2014
I think some people just like to pick fights for no reason. (Trolling) The fact that a person thinks attacking someone's taste in music is an "insult" shows how childish they are. Like my brother said, grow up kids. This is a pinball forum, not 1st grade. Go take a nap.

Back on topic, I thought phantom of the opera was pretty good, but to say it's the worst since season 2? Come on, get serious. I'm not sure what anyone saw in lights camera action as a pinball game, because all you mostly do is shoot a stupid target every 5 minutes. The artwork is also terrible on the eyes. It was simply the worst table of season 3, and I think most fans have voiced that sentiment. I had never played phantom before, but I had heard of it. From the videos I've seen, it turned out pretty good. There's plenty to do on here, and timing that ramp is fun.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
I think some people just like to pick fights for no reason. (Trolling) The fact that a person thinks attacking someone's taste in music is an "insult" shows how childish they are. Like my brother said, grow up kids. This is a pinball forum, not 1st grade. Go take a nap.

Back on topic, I thought phantom of the opera was pretty good, but to say it's the worst since season 2? Come on, get serious. I'm not sure what anyone saw in lights camera action as a pinball game, because all you mostly do is shoot a stupid target every 5 minutes. The artwork is also terrible on the eyes. It was simply the worst table of season 3, and I think most fans have voiced that sentiment. I had never played phantom before, but I had heard of it. From the videos I've seen, it turned out pretty good. There's plenty to do on here, and timing that ramp is fun.

Can you imagine the complaining if they had done "Bone Busters, Inc" instead? :p

karl

May 10, 2012
Hey, if you enjoy POTO, then great. Have fun with it. I see no reason to keep arguing for and against with irrelevant bickering. Yes, LCA is even worse. Does not make POTO any more fun for me. I am happy for the ones who like POTO and it is not the end of the world that it is not my favorite. It is not horrible or the worst table ever created either :)

I have a request, though. Please stop talking about Trolls, they bring a bad taste to my mouth :(

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I agree, Kolchak, people also shouldn't try to start heated debates by accusing other people of "table bashing" other tables, when simply stating an opinion.

I don't think people should also get all "butt hurt" when one backs up his opinion by facts. I believe we went through this with the "EMs" debate. I recall, even when direct quotes from the company were posted, people still insisted on posting ignorant responses. It appears we're right back in that same situation, at least when it comes to LCA. (Which this thread has suddenly turned into)

It is what it is, I guess. Too many butt hurt people I guess, eh Kolchak? lol

As I recall you brought EMs into this POTO discussion, not me. And I don't know what LCA has to do with POTO either. Saying a pin is more popular than another doesn't make it better just more popular.
But I do agree with you that many people don't understand the difference between fact and opinion. The school system has failed us again.
I'm glad you like POTO as I know you were looking forward to it. As I said above, I think it's a good addition as well.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
But I do agree with you that many people don't understand the difference between fact and opinion. The school system has failed us again.

Alive and well in my daughter's second grade class, I'm happy to report. Everything was "fact" or "opinion" last week.

Oh, I suppose I ought to mention POTO. It's very pretty! It sounds great but my PC speakers don't do it justice. Game-wise it's average, with a major scoring imbalance present in the "double your score" feature. Yes, it's drainy. Most tables are; if they're not, the designer wasn't doing a very good job. I'm giving it a C and moving on to the next table.

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
Unfortunately I have iOS and OSX so I've been unable to play POTO yet but it sure is a nice looking table. Not everyone wants a red car, that's why there are many different colors to choose from. Weather or not it's the best table in the line up, it's still one more pinball table to choose from and one more table that's preserved. I for one am thrilled to have a new table to choose from each month.

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
It seems to be popular to do, because apparently it "upsets" me. lol

The stupidity with some is off the charts.

I've learned (not so much here) not to be surprised with what people post. On FarSights FB page the redundant questions over and over again is amazing!! You have yo wonder if they read anything at all before posting. Either that or maybe some of them could run for president! ;)

Dokken kicks ass btw!

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
So does anyone know yet how you can unmask the Phantom on the backglass? We saw it in the promo vid.

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
Pro:
-Amazing sound package, right up there with TNG and Centaur
-Really nice art design.
-Really nice table design.
-Satisfying shots, pretty good flow

Con:
-Ruleset is a bit 80s
-Scoring isn't super balanced, although far from the worst

Overall it's not in the shortlist for the top table in TPA, but a really solid table somewhere in the upper middle of the herd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.