First impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
I've always wanted to play this table from the minute I saw the artwork, and even more so when I watched video and listened to that music! I fought hard for this table, as well as BSD, since I first found out about TPA. From endless requests, e-mails, and FB posts, I can say I think I helped get this one included, and I can't thank Farsight enough. I know its not the greatest DE table, but it's an awesome theme, and just a really fun table overall.

Now, having said that, and after finally getting to play it, I can say I wasn't disappointed one bit. I'm actually impressed with how challenging some of the shots are. I think the table came out really great, and I hope everyone enjoys it.

Rich Lehmann

Aug 26, 2014
I think it is the weakest table since season 2, yes even below LCA. The table looks nice but that is about all for me. I don't find the table very fun. There is not much to do, the scoring seem unbalanced, and the center gap is way too big. I don't even think they played on the theme very well. A theater would be a great setting for a table with all the mechanics and layout of a real theater but I would not even know that was what it was if they didn't call the ramp the catwalk. I have been playing this table trying to find things to like about it but just can't see anything to be impressed with.

I don't understand why you would campaign so hard for a table you never played. Next time you like the way something looks, please spare us and make it your desktop wallpaper instead. :p

*this is intended to be a joke but I do seriously dislike this table*

karl

May 10, 2012
I think Farsight did a great job on the table but I agree with you, Rich. The rules and how they are implemented is beyond poor and far from fun. Even the objectives that are a challenge is just not fun. (5x multiplier, anyone?)

Great speech, music, theme and graphics is just not enough for me, it has to be fun to play it.(general Data east problem) This one will not be played much by me

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
I was also hoping for this one............ but have to say that I was remembering it as more fun than it is. While it was one shot table it still had that something. But in TPA, I don't know. I mean it was hard and challenging and a drainer but was it really such a drainer? Every bounce from xy is just about enough to go SDTM.
And this one reminded me how I always hated those coloured habitrails on japanese games. They look so cheap.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
What's wrong with liking a table you've never played IRL? Lol. Unfortunately I haven't been able to play it yet since I only have an iPhone 5s and a PS3. But POTO seems alright to me. Only based on videos, pictures, and word of mouth. Hours of my time will be spent on this table, and it's kinda hard to believe that it's worse than LCA. As long as there's no gimmicky gunfight every 10 seconds I'll be ok with it. On the other hand, I'm easily amused and the theme and music are enough for me. I'll have to get back to yall once I play it. Can't just go off of speculation

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
Bear in mind that on this table, just like on LCA, actually, even worst, every shot that means some decent points is timed.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
That just brought it down a notch. There's a reason I barely ever play BK.

Rich Lehmann

Aug 26, 2014
What's wrong with liking a table you've never played IRL? Lol. Unfortunately I haven't been able to play it yet since I only have an iPhone 5s and a PS3. But POTO seems alright to me. Only based on videos, pictures, and word of mouth. Hours of my time will be spent on this table, and it's kinda hard to believe that it's worse than LCA. As long as there's no gimmicky gunfight every 10 seconds I'll be ok with it. On the other hand, I'm easily amused and the theme and music are enough for me. I'll have to get back to yall once I play it. Can't just go off of speculation

Exactly, you can't just go off of speculation. There is nothing wrong with LIKING a table you've never played, my comment was that he recommended the table aggressively in the boards, writing emails to TPA requesting it, etc. There is something wrong with recommending something you have never tried. How would you feel if someone recommended a restaurant or movie and then when it was awful you find out the person recommending it had never tried it... well I guess you would feel a lot like I do now about POTO.

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
now I really wonder where this will go. Since DokkenRokken was bashing LCA so much and now his favourite seems to go the same way :D

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Haha. I'd feel fine. Everyone is allowed to recommend whatever they want. Going with your restaurant comparison, let's say your choices are 'pizza hut', 'dominoes', 'little Cesar's', and 'hungry howies'. Well, someone has aggressively voted for Dominoes. Let's just be clear, it IS a vote. But dominoes doesn't have the best rep. And now you take Pizza Hut, that's already been done, so they're not going to build a Pizza Hut. And then you've got Little Cesar's. They are the cheapest. So why would anyone vote for that? If they want the best? And then you've got hungry howies. It's an under rated pizza place but no one cares to vote because no one knows about it. Are you telling me you'd be mad at the person that is gunning for the dominoes? You could've voted for Pizza Hut just as much. And even if you did, it wouldn't have made sense.

At the end of the day, you just need a piece of pizza, so you're going to buy one anyways. Could you tell those pizza places were the Halloween themed tables? Now I'm hungry

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Haha. I'd feel fine. Everyone is allowed to recommend whatever they want. Going with your restaurant comparison, let's say your choices are 'pizza hut', 'dominoes', 'little Cesar's', and 'hungry howies'. Well, someone has aggressively voted for Dominoes. Let's just be clear, it IS a vote. But dominoes doesn't have the best rep. And now you take Pizza Hut, that's already been done, so they're not going to build a Pizza Hut. And then you've got Little Cesar's. They are the cheapest. So why would anyone vote for that? If they want the best? And then you've got hungry howies. It's an under rated pizza place but no one cares to vote because no one knows about it. Are you telling me you'd be mad at the person that is gunning for the dominoes? You could've voted for Pizza Hut just as much. And even if you did, it wouldn't have made sense.

At the end of the day, you just need a piece of pizza, so you're going to buy one anyways. Could you tell those pizza places were the Halloween themed tables? Now I'm hungry

Needs more Attack from Mars Marinara and Arabian Nights Ravioli. ;)

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Why is the lighting so bright on the PC version? The artwork is too busy for this kind of brightness. It's far more pleasant to look at on iOS.

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
Bear in mind that on this table, just like on LCA, actually, even worst, every shot that means some decent points is timed.

Are you talking BK 2000? When you on the upper play field and get the extra ball light on it doesn't even give you enough time to let the ball fall and get a quick shot off to try and get the ramp and extra ball. It's pointless.

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014

Ditto. Btw is we used to have a sub shop in Boston called hungry herbs but is Hungry Howies a real pizza chain?? I love the name. Damnit....now I'm ordering pizza. ;)

CycOd3liC

Feb 28, 2012
This was one of the very first tables I ever played, so I was thrilled to play it again (even in digital form). I remember the real table playing very similar.

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
In Dokkens defense. Not only does he like good music but he is usually dead on when it comes to pinball. LCA has grown on me, I actually kind of like it now. I'm on iOS so I haven't played phantom but the artwork is beautiful, even if Christine doesn't look quite as "aroused" as she does on the original table. LCA has some great artwork and can be really fun sometimes, as long as you don't have to keep playing the dumb back glass game. I'll withhold judgement until. I get a chance to play POTO. As far as I'm concerned the more games FS preserves the better.

David T. Melnick

Jul 23, 2014
Imho, POTO is great. Given, it's definitely not for family friendly fun. This is for ones that enjoy hard, time spaced shots. Btw, the youngsters will have no clue what this was in historical movies. Let alone, books.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Ditto. Btw is we used to have a sub shop in Boston called hungry herbs but is Hungry Howies a real pizza chain?? I love the name. Damnit....now I'm ordering pizza. ;)

Yessuriebob. People complain about it's tangy sauce. And the cheesy bread that comes with it is called 'crazy bread'. Kinda spongey. But dang, maybe I might order some pizza even after I just ate some burritos. You ever hear of Jet's pizza? So yum. I've officially made it my mission for today to find a pizza place with pinball so I can live there. And then work there, and then eventually get fired for playing too much pinball. That is my dream!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.