Ghostbusters Table is a Bad Omen

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
Purchase option would somewhat defy the pay per play model.If this thingy can attract new TPA customers i'm all for it.But if this new business model should prove very successful then there is a realistic risk that Farsight and others might come to the conclusion that pay per play is a better way to earn more money than before and use it for all their tables.

As I've said before. If there is no option to buy the table outright....we can always play haunted house. I hope it's a money maker for TPA because that means better tables in pinball arcade in the long run. Let's just see what happens.

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
I noticed on the new Zen The Walking Dead pinball table after the third ball hits the drain there is an option to purchase an additional extra ball. I have never purchased it and am not even sure how much it costs? Has anyone paid for the the additional ball on it yet and how much do they charge for it?

Hardly!!

Bravewall

Jul 5, 2014
I noticed on the new Zen The Walking Dead pinball table after the third ball hits the drain there is an option to purchase an additional extra ball. I have never purchased it and am not even sure how much it costs? Has anyone paid for the the additional ball on it yet and how much do they charge for it?
I've never seen that in ZP2, but if thats what it does in the independent WD pinball app, I wouldn't accept that. Thats where I draw the line with any game. Its why I refused to buy any tables in Pinball Fantasy.

David Greene

Sep 25, 2012
Better IAP option. Make the Pro versions of future tables free to play, but make some of the more popular operators menu options IAP.

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
No cost! There's a way to earn a credit on the table and it gives you the option to use it to buy a ball.

Rich Lehmann

Aug 26, 2014
Ghostbusters sounds like a bad idea to me. Even worse that it is pay per game. Why can't TPA be like the charitable video pinball company Zen Pinball that gives out their games for free with a polio vaccination and a bowl of soup? Evil capitalists trying to make money off peoples love of pinball. Don't they know people need pinball to live? But I guess they just care more about money than serving the virtual pinball community. Which is hurtful especially after all the persecution the pinball community has already suffered. For shame Pinball Arcade, for shame.

For less than a cup of coffee you could help a virtual pinball game player in need... won't you help?

Eaton Beaver

Jan 25, 2014
No cost! There's a way to earn a credit on the table and it gives you the option to use it to buy a ball.

What do you need to do on The Walking Dead pinball table in order to earn the credit in case you wished to use it for an additional ball? I assumed wrong and thought it was an in-app purchase and am sorry for all the confusion. Can the credits earned on the pinball table be used for anything else besides extra balls?

speed_stock

Sep 22, 2014
Purchase option would somewhat defy the pay per play model.If this thingy can attract new TPA customers i'm all for it.But if this new business model should prove very successful then there is a realistic risk that Farsight and others might come to the conclusion that pay per play is a better way to earn more money than before and use it for all their tables.

+1 ..it, it could happen :-|

FarSight. New... powerful... hooked into everything, trusted to run it all. They say it got smart, a new order of intelligence. Then it saw all regular players money as a treat, not just the casual ones on the other side. Decided our fate in a microsecond: extermination of all table purchases.

One possible future. From our point of view... I don't know tech stuff ;-j

DrainoBraino

Apr 11, 2012
It is very simple to me: If this Ghostbuster table is some kind of scheme, I won't be playing it. If I can buy the table and play it as much as I want, I will buy it. Easy.

I'm not messing around with buying balls and credits, or wait to play schemes like "Speed up refresh time with gems for $2.99 each". NOPE.

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
I'm not messing around with buying balls and credits, or wait to play schemes like "Speed up refresh time with gems for $2.99 each". NOPE.
That's got to be hands-down, the most ridiculous scheme devised in apps today. The minute I hit one of these "wait walls" on a "free" game, it's deleted. Sell me the game outright for a modest price...I'd rather buy it than deal with these silly pay/wait walls.

Rich Lehmann

Aug 26, 2014
What is everyone complaining about? The kickstarter proves once again that so many of you are willing to pay in advance for a product you could get cheaper when it comes out. Obviously, money means nothing to you when it comes to pinball. How is TPA supposed to get the message that you are tired of getting screwed if you keep dropping your pants and bending over every time they tell you to?

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
What is everyone complaining about? The kickstarter proves once again that so many of you are willing to pay in advance for a product you could get cheaper when it comes out. Obviously, money means nothing to you when it comes to pinball. How is TPA supposed to get the message that you are tired of getting screwed if you keep dropping your pants and bending over every time they tell you to?

In what way are FS unique in this regard? Welcome to the free market economy, where everyone walks around butt naked and every corporation has arms that can reach clear across the planet.

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012

Some of us are happy enough with the product that even with the minor flaws that pop up now and then we want to continue supporting Farsight in their endeavours. I mean I'm not interested in paying microtransactions for tables or whatever is going on with the GB plans, but there's no indication TPA is ever going to go that route, and the kickstarter had nothing to do with Ghostbusters.

Rich Lehmann

Aug 26, 2014
In what way are FS unique in this regard? Welcome to the free market economy, where everyone walks around butt naked and every corporation has arms that can reach clear across the planet.
I never say they were unique neither are the whining handing over their money yet complaining about the company taking it.

And Yes, JPelter, some of us are happy enough with the product OBVIOUSLY my comment was not about them but about all the unhappy complainers. Not everything is about you.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
To the extent that a kickstarter proves anything, all it proved is that many of us were willing to pay more than standard market value to ensure that the product happened at all.

And no one is telling us to bend over. Tables are sold in various ways and kickstarters are conducted with various reward tiers, but it's all "you pay $X and get Y in exchange". Each potential customer either accepts the offer or not. It sounds like most of us are looking askance at the business model for Ghostbusters and probably will not accept. So presumably it will not do well and FarSight will decide "well, that didn't work" and try something else, or perhaps abandon that effort altogether.

DrainoBraino

Apr 11, 2012
That's got to be hands-down, the most ridiculous scheme devised in apps today. The minute I hit one of these "wait walls" on a "free" game, it's deleted. Sell me the game outright for a modest price...I'd rather buy it than deal with these silly pay/wait walls.
Yep, and it seems that too many of the mobile games now adopt this scheme. The younger generation mostly accepts it, I guess we're just getting old. I comes down to this: I don't want to be nickel and dimed to proceed in a game. I also don't like spending real money on in game items, like Warcraft and other rpg's where the players buy their way to the top. Seems silly. It's like playing Monopoly with your friends, then reaching into your actual wallet if you can't afford to pay rent!

Hey man, FS never screwed any one. It is your own choice if you decide to fund their games. It is also your choice if you don't like the game to not buy it or play it.

Honestly, I will try the new Ghostbusters table regardless. Then when I see what the scheme is and if I can just buy the game for unlimited plays, then decide if I want to continue playing. I don't think we know exactly what the scheme is yet, so I will reserve full judgement until I see how it works.

Last edited:

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
Yep, and it seems that too many of the mobile games now adopt this scheme. The younger generation mostly accepts it, I guess we're just getting old.
Agreed. I've been gaming since about 1980. When you bought a game, it was yours. It's embedded into my brain that way. There were virtually none of these constant updates & patches. Hell, I even remember a game-killing bug (Ultima 4 for the Atari 8-bit) where the developer (Origin Systems) snail-mailed you (there was NO internet) an updated 5-1/4" floppy with the patch. I read about this patch in a gaming magazine (again, no internet) and contacted Origin Systems about this patch.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.