Worst game?

mikehg

Feb 5, 2014
I managed about 6.5 million last night, which I was fairly impressed with.

I had a game after that which was almost more horrific: I'd built up the castle lock, and was going for the coffin lock, when, as often happens, I hit the castle lock prematurely by mistake. Never mind, says I, shouldn't be a problem. I was wrong - the extra balls bounced out of the outlanes without touching the flippers.

Oh well, finish the coffin lock then. Perfect clean couple of shots, and we're away. Only exactly the same thing happened (this time I think one went SDTM, but never mind: that's still two multiballs in direct succession in which I lost all the other balls *without touching the flippers*).

Dracula laughs at me, and I laugh back - you have to have a sanguine sense of humour to play a table this savage. But mist multiball is lit, so I commence planning my revenge.

A couple of shots gets me into the mystery kickout, and by this point I'm practically sweating. The ball drops out of the asylum and onto the flipper, I chip it up and... YES! Hit the mist ball. Both balls drop back down, and I actually got to hit them around a few times (admittedly without hitting much) before I fumbled a catch with one, watching it roll off the edge of the flipper really slowly, and shot the other into that central bank of targets and out the left outlane.

I actually won my redemption after that (though not before putting my tablet down and going for a little cry in the corner), got something like 350 million for the game - not my best score, but not bad at all.

So, conclusions: 1) I'm not very good at nudging. 2) This table is completely evil.

Anyone else have a memorable game, where the 'difficulty algorithms' won out, where the Gods of pinball frowned on you?

Last edited:

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I scored 4.8 million once on the real Twilight Zone, which is the minimum possible without tilting, without deliberately trying to do so. Thankfully it was not a league game.

mikehg

Feb 5, 2014
In TPA I had a particular knack for volleying it into the greed target on the pop bumper (and you know where that goes...)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.