Fun Table

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Went back to this one a few days ago, and it's really easy to just dip into and make satisfying progress. And I really like the layout - getting the ball jammed between the bumpers and drops is incredibly satisfying. And the ruleset is quite different to the norm, which makes strategy a bit different.

I know this table got a lot of complaints when it was announced, but I'm glad it's in here :) Same for Tee'd Off, actually.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Yep, I play it regularly (highscore about 3B) . Fast paced table (easy to start a mode), and I find the ball physics is very good on this particular table. I don't know why, but it is slightly different from the others tables. More weight and the ball is not too bouncy (T2 syndrom).

And I still need this last wizard goal (1/2 billion shot). :p

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
Light 8ball, but don't hit it until after pool ball mania is finished for an easier way to light the half billion. it still times out though, so you gotta shoot it fast.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Light 8ball, but don't hit it until after pool ball mania is finished for an easier way to light the half billion. it still times out though, so you gotta shoot it fast.

Oh thanks. I wasn't aware there was a tip.

But I don't understand very well:

Here's a tip for the 1/2 billion hurry-up.

Normally, during 9-Ball play, you have to shot the targets in order and then shoot the Side Pocket and then 9 ball. But, if you complete the Solids and then start 9 ball, you just have to shoot the Side Pocket to light the hurry up. It helped me... But I still didn't get it.

So, I can shot the solids in order during pool ball mania? Then lost two balls, start the 9 Ball, shoot the side pocket, then the 9 ball?

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Yep, I play it regularly (highscore about 3B) . Fast paced table (easy to start a mode), and I find the ball physics is very good on this particular table. I don't know why, but it is slightly different from the others tables. More weight and the ball is not too bouncy (T2 syndrom).

And I still need this last wizard goal (1/2 billion shot). :p

It's not overly difficult as it isn't timed (aside from the final shot, if memory serves). Just keep your cool, focus on keeping the ball alive above everything else (as it isn't timed) and it should come to you after a few tries.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
Sinking the 8 ball when it is lit lights the half billion during nine ball. normally you have to get 1-7 in order during nine ball to light the 8.

But if it's already lit at the start of nine ball (because you lit it by getting all of strips or solids before you started it) then it stays lit. the game forgets to unlight it.

If you light the 8 ball outside of nine ball play, then don't sink it, it will stay lit when you start nine ball.

Jay

May 19, 2012
This has been one of my favorite tables since the old Microsoft Pinball Arcade days. I've played the actual table only once, and that one had pretty weak flippers making many of the shots difficult if not impossible. Hitting that cue ball has always been strangely satisfying, though.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.