Bug App crashes after achieving high score...new high score not posted to leaderboard

Toolinit

Banned
Apr 15, 2014
Originally from Gus:

Device/OS: iPad 4 on iOS 7.1.2

Bug Description: Highscore on Phantom of the Opera crashes the game after entering initials. Score does not get saved to leaderboards either

Steps to reproduce: Get a highscore on POTO

Frequency: 100% I think - I'm 3 for 3 so far on reproducing this bug, and it sucks to have some really good games where the score isn't saved.

Additional comments: The initals entered on the local scoreboard from my previous games are messed up.

confirmed 100%

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Have you tried not pressing select after you have entered initials? Wait for game to save and reload before you press anything after you have entered initials.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I think the rom has issues if you are pressing stuff during the match sequence. Don't play with the flippers until you see the enter initials screen pop up. And try selecting letters using the right flipper only. For some reason going left reduces your chance of being successful (at least for me). And then after the third initial, don't mess with any flippers again. Wait for the continue button to pop up. Patience is a must with this one.

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
I think the rom has issues if you are pressing stuff during the match sequence. Don't play with the flippers until you see the enter initials screen pop up. And try selecting letters using the right flipper only. For some reason going left reduces your chance of being successful (at least for me). And then after the third initial, don't mess with any flippers again. Wait for the continue button to pop up. Patience is a must with this one.

I don't mess with anything until the entry comes up, although I do use both flippers to enter initials. Kind of lame though. Farsight keeps screwing crap up. POTO sucks anyways.

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
I gave this another shot, and it's still crashing (61B game). I'm only using the flippers to enter initials after the game has ended, no flipping outside of that. It didn't crash like this in the initial release, only after the update. I want to try for the 5x mb wizard goal (hard!!) but not if there's no chance to get it registered.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
I also found that remote backup wouldn't work anymore after the POTO high score crash. Anybody can confirm that? iPad Air 2 and latest OS

Toolinit

Banned
Apr 15, 2014
I also found that remote backup wouldn't work anymore after the POTO high score crash. Anybody can confirm that? iPad Air 2 and latest OS

Same here, Slam23 .... I had a 64M game that crashed after entering initials & remote backup is now crashing .... So this means I have shelved the latest new table from TPA because I can't post high scores to the POTO leaderboard .... very frustrating .... farsight needs to clean up some of these issues .... we pay good money for these tables (especially if you purchase Pro Mode at each table release) & there are still longstanding bugs that need to be addressed.

flip on!

Last edited:

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Hi Toolinit,
I hope you had a prior remote backup that can be restored. I deleted the whole app and with a clean re-install I luckily could restore all my scores just before the POTO-disaster (iPad Air 2, latest iOS). Also remote backup is working again. I'm not touching that *&@%#$^ table again until there is a decent update/fix for this problem!

Sinitro

Jul 26, 2012
Incredible..
POTO has multiple bugs but still unfixed..
Been out for 3 weeks, still buggy and waiting..
Also no explanation for What happened to Dracula?

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
Yep, TrippleI and I have been battling the HOF points for a few months now, but since I can't gain points on a few tables, seems useless to try to keep playing and competing

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Just wanted to bump this bug thread, issues are still there after the most recent update to 4.3.0 (earthshaker).
- initials show uppercase character on the first letter when inputting them for a highscore
- app crashes to iOS main screen when getting the highscore (Grand Champion)
- remote backup won't work afterwards necessitating a clean reinstall
Although I know Farsight has been very busy with releasing on new platforms, this comes as a disappointment. I hope they read this and fix the table. I also hope more iOS users post here to get some traction

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
POTO got an update this release, but IT'S STILL CRASHING if you get the grand champion score when it should post to the leaderboard. Seriously?!? How hard can it be to fix this issue??

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Hi Gus,

Thanks for posting this, now I don't have to suffer the aggravation to try it myself and reinstalling the whole thing again. This bug also crashes the remote backup functionality and the only fix that worked on my iPad(s) (the regular 2 and the Air 2) is reinstalling. Let's bang the drums a bit on this bug and also post it to the official bug thread for iOS

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
I haven't been able to do a remote backup since January on my iPad because of this bug. I have tried many many times but it crashes after processing for ~2 minutes.
Yesterday I finally got rid of my HTC android phone and got an iPhone 6. Installed TPA on it, restored purchases and then tried a remote restore to see how old my last successful backup is. Lo and behold - it has (almost) all goals and scores saved! All the way up to the latest table - Jack*Bot. I lost about 20-30 points of my HOF score on POTO - all other tables were saved. I have to say that's a big relief! I reinstalled my iPad as well afterwards so that it can do the remote backups again.

I really hope this bug can get squashed on POTO so we can play it again, but I'm glad the remote backup seems to work even though it crashes the app. Time to try for that 240M dice goal on Jack*Bot! :):)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.