Missed Opportunity?

Pod

Aug 10, 2012
I'm torn by this table. (Not about the iap, although if have happily paid £3 for it over iap). On the one hand I love ghostbusters. It's always been a Pity that there wasn't a real GB table and this is a solid effort. On the other I think this is a wasted opportunity to create a really great table.
I understand this is somewhat of a prototype for future original tables but HH is an uninspiring table (IMO) and I think most people would have preferred a more modern take with a dmd and flow based table.
If anything it might have been better to use another licence or original idea and hold onto GB for a later effort.
Maybe we will get lucky and they'll do another further down the line?

Unlikely I know but in the meantime at least I can still say I've created the worlds only virtual DMD based ghostbusters table
http://www.pinsimdb.org/pinball/table-5001-ghostbusters_(podball)

It's for future pinball so it's all free. Why not check it out

Pod

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Pin looks fun. Wish I could play on my ipad. I've given up on PC gaming. Spoiled by the convenience of all this mobile stuff.

Have you made any others?

Pod

Aug 10, 2012
Pin looks fun. Wish I could play on my ipad. I've given up on PC gaming. Spoiled by the convenience of all this mobile stuff.

Have you made any others?

Yeah, I made one based on retro games. Its on the same site. Called arcade mayhem. They take 80-100 hours to make though so I won't get to make any more. I got married and now have a baby :) (a real one, thats not a metaphor for a pinball table :))

Pod

DrainoBraino

Apr 11, 2012
FS should use this to advertise better for TPA. Isn't that the point of this anyway? Get a casual fan to play it for free, then show them the other tables on TPA, spark some interest, especially with the Addams Family coming out.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
It sounds like this was something they had to make to a very strict deadline, and with limited resources. Sony wanted it out for Halloween. I read in an interview that future original tables will be completely original, with more polish.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.