Strategy?

fromduc

Feb 28, 2014
When i see the table, i wouldnt use the word "strategy" for this one, and the lack of topic about it here conforted me, but when i look to its leaderboard, the usual band of sharks is at the top, so i definitely miss something here. Could u give me a couple of hints guys?

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
tl;dr - it's BH, but on steroids or some kind of mind-altering substance.

In overall terms, the strategy isn't much different from Black Hole:
1. Collect an EB/Special (EBs are easy to light, a pain to collect; the lower-level Special is easiest to collect, most difficult to light; upper-level Special is easiest to light, most difficult to collect)
2. Get the 2x bonus score multiplier going on all three levels (very difficult to do; at least once you get one lit, it carries over to the next ball so you get two cracks before having to light it all over again)
3. Max the end-of-ball bonus multiplier at 5x (easy to do)
4. Build up the end-of-ball bonus to its max (just keep the ball in play, easier said than done of course *cough*flipper gap*cough*).

The difference from BH is that regular game scoring can also be multiplied, although only for one level at any one time - it's explained, but I still don't get it - and regular game scoring is worthwhile even after the bonus is maxed.

[Edit] I'll also add that, unlike BH, you can't just keep easily feeding the lower level over and over (and there's no nice 1000-point spinner shot to go along with it either).

Last edited:

fromduc

Feb 28, 2014
Tx dude, i think the huge difference with BH is that u cant control the ball, and it's so harder to keep it on the lower level.

I improved a bit, but i think i'm just not good on this kind of table, i like to be able to catch a ball here it's almost impossible...

Anyway tx again fo the effort :)

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
[Edit] I'll also add that, unlike BH, you can't just keep easily feeding the lower level over and over

Sure you can. From the lower level eject, you can always dead pass from the leftmost flipper to a catch on the rightmost. Then the center Secret Passage target is a fairly easy shot from there. Not as easy as Black Hole, but that's still the safest method to grind points.

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Sure you can. From the lower level eject, you can always dead pass from the leftmost flipper to a catch on the rightmost. Then the center Secret Passage target is a fairly easy shot from there. Not as easy as Black Hole, but that's still the safest method to grind points.
I think it's even easier to dead pass to right upper flipper then shoot from tip of flipper (without trapping ball) to the upper left lower level entry hole. Usually the ball finds its way through the hole but sometimes pssses it and finds its way to the upper level entry instead, with a little nudging help. (Doesn't work as well on ghostbusters, ball usually passes the hole but does find its way to the upper level now and then)

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.