Funhouse thoughts

Potrzebie

Sep 4, 2014
Apologies if some of these thoughts have been covered.

Been playing the table intensively for a few weeks. Aside from it being buggier than a Motel 6 roll-away, it's still a fun way to kill a few hours.

Thanks to whomever it was that posted the bug workaround of changing the ball color so the ball is visible in the hallway loop. It tripled my Rudy hits instantly.

That left drain is a monster!

Definitely nudge when Rudy spits the ball out as a large percentage of the time, the trajectory is right toward the left drain.

Weird when you give Rudy a really good whack, the ball exits the back of his head into the hallway lock.

Seems no matter what I do, on three-ball multiball, two of them drain STDM almost instantly. It's odd behavior considering the center drain on this table is more forgiving than most.

I find I'm able to rack up higher scores with sound off. May be simple coinidence, but worth noting.

Been able to high score in the 60-70m range on a good day. Is this a decent score in the opinion of longer-term players?

"I'm not happy with you now."

ScotchYeti

Apr 13, 2012
Considering how long it takes to score 60M+ points, this is not bad. Funhouse is more on the easy side so it's all about endurance. The ball is easy to control and as long as you avoid hitting Rudy it hardly drains.

When Multiball starts, always nudge up or left. I thought this has been fixed in an earlier release? Hmm.

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
Thanks for the hint. I thought I was the ONKY one that always lost 2out of 3 balls almost immediately.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
Rudy's head is safe to hit... from a kickout of the hidden hallway or the hideout. it's 95% of the time saveable after that. It does like to spit gulped balls down the left outlane, though, and that's not so common in real life.

On some real life funhouse machines, rudy's jaw is a nightmare shot that often causes drains, and on some it's pretty safe. nudging skills help a lot there.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Thanks for the hint. I thought I was the ONKY one that always lost 2out of 3 balls almost immediately.

Funhouse's multiball is kind of designed to do that. One ball comes from Rudy's mouth, and the other two from the hallway where you're probably going to hit Rudy with them too (especially on TPA where the trap door shot has wonky physics.) With all those balls coming from Rudy's area, some will find the left outlane.

Jiveturkey

Sep 9, 2017
Fun house isn't my favourite pin.. I think it's the music mostly,, I don't mind Rudy, and I like the playfield design and the artwork N colours are decent..
That music kills me though.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.