Cool stuff coming!

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
Scumble, please please please please please can we have platform filtering on the leaderboards. Competing against PC scores is hopeless.
How much work would this be? I believe you do store the platform metadata already?

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
No love for pc?
Two of the features discussed are actually already in the pc version.

Immersion mode is exciting. I haven't fire tpa up on my nexus 7 in so long because the soft buttons are so damn irritating and I can't be arsed to continuously re-root the damn thing.

Oh yeah I hate Google. Open platform my jam filled third toe

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I'd appreciate the option of rebinding the controls on my nVidea Shield.
What specifically do you want to change? You can change the flipper buttons around now. Do you want to assign the left flipper to the R3 button, for example?

Alex Atkin UK

Sep 26, 2012
I'm guessing Samsung GearVR support would be a BIG ask. ;) It would be an awesome stopgap for me while I wait for the retail Oculus Rift to come out though.

atlantis1982

Nov 23, 2012
With Google Play Games implementation; do we expect achievements in the same fashion as the PC ones (I'm only familiar with the Steam version) in the future?

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
With Google Play Games implementation; do we expect achievements in the same fashion as the PC ones (I'm only familiar with the Steam version) in the future?
Only cloud save at the moment (just to get around the issue of porting game achievements between Android devices easily).

But in the future, who knows...

I'm not a PC user, so can't answer directly to that point. To get an idea about achievements, and how they are structured in Google Play Games, you could take a look at Zen Pinball HDs achievement list.

Essentially they are a flat structure, and awarded as soon as you achieve them. You don't need to wait to tick of wizard goals if you are having a great game and achieve wizard goals before unlocking standar goals.

Scumble373

FarSight Employee
Jul 1, 2014
Scumble, please please please please please can we have platform filtering on the leaderboards. Competing against PC scores is hopeless.
How much work would this be? I believe you do store the platform metadata already?

I will definitely look into this xAzathothx, however, it seems like our server and our code is all built to integrate all scores. No promises, but I'll check it out.

Alex Atkin UK

Sep 26, 2012
Does Immersion mode also block the capacitive keys?

I was just trying to play on my Note 4 and was constantly triggering the task switching key causing me to jump out of the game.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Does Immersion mode also block the capacitive keys?

I was just trying to play on my Note 4 and was constantly triggering the task switching key causing me to jump out of the game.
No it is only for on-screen Android system navigation keys. You should be able to download apps that disable those. I'm surprised there's not a "palm rejection" mode in the Note 4 that stops that from happening.

Alex Atkin UK

Sep 26, 2012
Well I only need it disabled for Pinball Arcade. I guess I should REALLY get a Moga Pro as I hate playing most games with the touchscreen anyway.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Well I only need it disabled for Pinball Arcade. I guess I should REALLY get a Moga Pro as I hate playing most games with the touchscreen anyway.
Yep, you really should. Controller play on TPA is the way the game was meant to be played (even thought it was only implemented in the last year). Moga Pro is good. If you are rooted, the PS3 SixAxis app is better (and controllers are cheap).

caspersgu

Sep 28, 2012
Any ETA on cloud saves? Does it include both scores and goals? What if I have a higher score/more goals unlocked in my tablet for some tables and the other way around in my phone?

Scumble373

FarSight Employee
Jul 1, 2014
Any ETA on cloud saves? Does it include both scores and goals? What if I have a higher score/more goals unlocked in my tablet for some tables and the other way around in my phone?

With how google play services work, I may wait until everything is ready to release the save / load feature (by "everything" I mean other google play services like leaderboards and achievements).

Here's how the saves will work: After the update goes live, you will go to the google play menu in the app, click the "save" button and you will save everything pertaining to the pinball arcade. You can then switch to another device (that has the same google play account) go to the same menu, and load the save. When loaded, your new device will be identical to the saved data on your old device. NOTE: all progress on the new device will be wiped when performing this load.

So lets say you had 10 tables on your old device. You've gotten all the high scores and goals for those 10 tables. Now lets say you have a new device that has the same 10 tables, but you only have all the goals and high scores for one of the tables. If you save on the old device and load to the new, that 1 tables high scores and goals will be wiped, and replaced with the data from the old device.

Hope that makes sense.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts