Obscure/forgotten Pinball recreation video games

weirdproq

Sep 19, 2013
I just found out about this 1995 PC DOS recreation of Eightball Deluxe. Here's a video of it:

I find it interesting that there were companies wanting to recreate old pinball machines. I of course already knew about Microsoft's Pinball Arcade, I played it as a kid!

weirdproq

Sep 19, 2013
I've also found out about other recreations before finding this, like Williams Pinball Classics for PC back in 2001 (not to be confused with the European release of Farsight's Pinball Hall of Fame: the Williams Collection) which has TOTAN, BLack Rose, CFBL, and Lost World (strangely, the voices and some sounds are re-dubbed for all the machines, while TOTAN seems to be the only one without re-dubbed music and LW doesn't seem to have music. Also BR has a 3D model cannon and CFBL has no dancing animation for the snack foods.):

weirdproq

Sep 19, 2013
There's also Pinball Jam for the Atari Lynx in 1992, which had Police force and Elvira & the Party Monsters. (interesting side note, the music in Elvira is actually the theme song for Elvira's Movie Macabre) Here's Elvira:

weirdproq

Sep 19, 2013
This is the only footage I've found of Police Force on the Lynx (and it's a glitch no less!):

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
I find it interesting that there were companies wanting to recreate old pinball machines. I of course already knew about Microsoft's Pinball Arcade, I played it as a kid!
Amtex was the company. They also made Royal Flush.

Last edited:

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
I've also found out about other recreations before finding this, like Williams Pinball Classics for PC back in 2001 (not to be confused with the European release of Farsight's Pinball Hall of Fame: the Williams Collection) which has TOTAN, BLack Rose, CFBL, and Lost World (strangely, the voices and some sounds are re-dubbed for all the machines, while TOTAN seems to be the only one without re-dubbed music and LW doesn't seem to have music. Also BR has a 3D model cannon and CFBL has no dancing animation for the snack foods.):

I was looking for footage of this game for ages. Thanks!

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
Williams Pinball Classics was the game that finally got real-world pinball to click with me. I played Creature so much and really loved it.

I still have the CD for the game and tried playing it again like a year ago. The slow ball movement made me uninstall it pretty quick. Tough going back to playing something like that.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Williams Pinball Classics was the game that finally got real-world pinball to click with me. I played Creature so much and really loved it.

I still have the CD for the game and tried playing it again like a year ago. The slow ball movement made me uninstall it pretty quick. Tough going back to playing something like that.

Yeah, whenever people complain about the physics in TPA you should post that video and show them how far we've come!

The different voices and music really throws me off with that Williams Pinball Classic.

Before ROM emulation was possible, I suppose. And whoever made the game was too lazy to record samples from the machines. I actually remember Josh Sharpe complaining specifically about this game. I think it's in this video, but there's no sound at work so I can't be sure:

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
I think I have the Mac version of 8-ball deluxe around here somewhere. I can't remembet, but was Tristan Pinball a recreation of one as well?

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
I just found out about this 1995 PC DOS recreation of Eightball Deluxe. Here's a video of it:

As I recall, they actually did two versions of the game, the second being a higher resolution edition.

A bit of trivia: Amtex also had the home rights to Funhouse and included a little teaser for it on a screen inside EBD. I remember being incredibly excited for it only for it to never get released. Turns out it got buried in a big pile of unpaid royalties and lawsuits involving Amtex.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Tristan wasn't a recreation of anything, it was an original table.

A real manufacturer would have known not to put that jackpot lane where it's literally unshootable.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012

I have been playing virtual pinball most of my life since Atari Video Pinball and thought I tried every sim out therebut somehow I missed this one. It looks pretty good lthough similar to Visual Pinball from the same era although the clear advantage of this is it had is the top down view with scrolling.

Lord Boron

Apr 18, 2012
I used to dream of having this as a kid, but it was way too expensive back then:

OMG...I got that for Xmas when I was kid. I played the hell out of it but once you figured out the pattern, you could play it pretty much forever on one ball. But I still loved it. Wish I could find it because I usually don't throw things like that away.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.