5X Jackpot build strategy (POTO)

krazysteve1958

May 26, 2014
After hours of trying, I was finally able to get this last wizard goal and even got it up to 6X. The best/easiest way to accomplish it, is to exclusively try for it and nothing else (i.e. no game play). Ideally, you want to start a ball with 2 of the 3 lanes already lit on your second or third ball. Master pulling the plunger so the ball goes through the far right lane and time an upper nudge immediately after the ball goes through. Usually this fails to work, however, it's worth a try. If it does work be prepared to immediately use the flippers to alternate to upper lanes. The hardest part is being able to use the left flipper to consistently shoot the ball back up there. It's the only consistent, make-able shot there is. The shot is very difficult to pull off repeatedly with a time limit working against you. The good news is if you do manage to get it back up there, it typically goes to the far right lane, so make sure it's not lit. For whatever reason, the upper nudge is fairly successful then to send the ball back up, then down again. If you're lucky you can get a couple of multipliers. If you get too aggressive with the nudging, you'll trigger the "danger, danger" and poof, your back at zero X. Attempting the shot with the left flipper without holding/trapping is daunting and usually ends with either a miss and time running out or the ball landing into the trap door. You can pass the ball from the right to the left flipper safely by trapping, releasing and waiting a half second then hitting the ball, or waiting until the ball rolls to the tip of the right flipper and lightly tapping it across horizontally. Executing these maneuvers, then nailing that shot with the left flipper is indeed possible but very tricky. If you hurry the shot, you'll miss. If you don't work with urgency, you'll get the horrible result of getting it up there just in time to neither advance the multiplier or have it register to start over. A true ripoff if there ever was one. If you open the organ, I would just start a new game. The multiball won't help, ever. Hope this helps anyone that's losing sleep over this wizard goal.

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
How many have done this goal? I worked exclusively on this all morning and could only get to 3x once. Too many ways to reset and the bumpers must have been tuned down since release because I get no play from them.

Last edited:

MWink

Jan 13, 2013
How many have done this goal? I worked exclusively on this all morning and could only get to 3x once. Too many ways to reset and the bumpers must have been tuned down since release because I get no play from them.

I got it but it was almost completely by chance. I think this is more of a luck based goal (which I hate). I wouldn't put too much effort into trying to get it. For me that just leads to immense frustration. Of course, I still haven't gotten the 5th Phantom Million and that one is more skill based.

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
Why, oh why, do they put such weird Wizard Goals! Getting Jackpot 5x is mostly a matter of perseverance and luck. I truly hate it when boring tables like this one has the worst planned WG's. I am having similar trouble with the STT 5 planet goal but that one feels like it is really a matter of performing.

Why bother? Well, once you start worrying about the goals you get committed. Having done all others but 1 or 2 makes you quite eager to make a clean sheet.

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
Tested out Krazysteves solution there and just making sure you cradle every time makes that left flipper to right outlane quite easy. Then it will just be a matter of luck of getting some good bumping going on. Got up to 3x quite easily so I guess (hope!) this won't be that much of a problem after all!

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
I was able to complete this on PC with multiball by aiming spinner with the left flipper and ramp with the right flipper. Chang the rollovers and nudge as needed. Good luck hope all you get it

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
I was able to complete this on PC with multiball by aiming spinner with the left flipper and ramp with the right flipper. Chang the rollovers and nudge as needed. Good luck hope all you get it

I believe a (two ball) multiball CAN help but shooting the ramp doesn't make any sense at all since it cancels the jackpot. Mulitballs are only useful if you get a good run but it makes it much harder to cradle and keep control.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
You guys are right it does reset when you hit the ramp. I messed up its probably best to try and backhand with the right flipper to the organ and of corse the spinner with the left. Also for the 5th phantom million One can backhand the ramp off the left flipper when it has momentum

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
locking the first ball of two after you start multiball does NOT cause it to forget it's way out, even though it shows the lock countdown. locking the second one, or draining the second one WILL, as soon as it shows "BACK TO ONE BALL PLAY" or "READY FOR THREE BALL PLAY"

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
That's right, but I guess the question is whether it is useful to have two balls - compared to one. The benefit is that you have two balls to launch up there and thus have more chances to hit the lanes before the countdown expires but it makes it much more difficult to cradle.

I wasn't too bothered when I reached 4x and two lanes but I have been nowhere near since. Just the fact that I "had" to play this table 50 times more pisses me off and, as with the Genie 3M, how FS defines those WG's...Argh!

It is quite a bit of a luck goal since you are so dependent on how much the (lazy) bumpers will assist you but there is more skill involved as well, than what I first thought. When the ball is in the lower playfield, it takes however quite a bit of skill to get it cradled on the left flipper.

Basically, the strategy comes down to (as krazysteve mentioned):

1. Start with two lanes lit. It seems to be better to actually have two lanes lit than starting with a Jackpot 1x and no lanes lit when the ball comes down to the flippers.
2. Do everything you can to get the ball to the left flipper cradled. Nothing else will do it on a consistent basis. Nothing. If you attempt the shot at the right outlane any other way you are very likely to miss and that will also most likely cost you the little time you have. If you are really short on time and have momentum on the right flipper you can shoot it by the left slingshot but that is not easy!
3. Shoot that right lane over and over so you can make it in your sleep. It's quite a tricky shot. I went from hitting it once every 3rd time to nailing it 3 times out of 4.

I have not figured out a way to use nudging when the ball is in the bumpers but nudging can be useful to place the ball in the right outlane (left outlane can be ok as well). The right one is the most likely to cause the up-and-down-the-lane-loop (UADTLL) that is your only real chance of making this WG.

Basically "all" you need to do is hope for two or maybe three of those UADTLL's in one jackpot countdown with some cradle-and-shoot-the-outlane in between. Your odds are highly against you since only about half of the balls coming down to the flippers are possible to cradle on the left flipper in time just due to how the ball ends up in slingshots, draining or just take its time to get down. Then you will be needing those UADTLL's which only happen once every 7th time (and you need about 2-3 of those).

There are of course other ways and you may be lucky enough to shoot the outlane to the lanes more often. In the end it is just a matter of skill and perseverance. When you are skilled at shooting the outlane and finding your way to the left flipper cradle you will probably need some 100-200 games before you will make it - on average I would estimate. Just like with all probability you CAN make it on your first game and it can take you 1000+ games.

The fact that ramps etc cancel the jackpot countdown does in fact not matter that much. If you get the ball that much out of control you wouldn't make it anyway - pretty much.

I still haven't made this goal and I am not looking forward to continue the struggle but it is like a bad itch. You know it will go away if you don't care about it but once you start scratching you will just continue and continue and continue and continue and continue and continue and continue .... *fading into silence*.

Lastly. I despise this table and the fact that FS brought it back to life. You're no better than that father in Pet Sematary :)

Last edited:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
E3BC64C3DF216667DA7A4C332BDE1B94E12E64FD

The display flashes too quickly to easily capture the whole text. But, that's that, been there, got the t-shirt, etc. Next....

Last edited:

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
Anyway, the real problem is the trap door cancelling jackpot build, since that's very easy to hit while aiming for the orbit.

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
F I N A L L Y !

Had 4x and no lanes lite. Cradled, aimed, shot and got it thru the outlane and the right-most lane. Got that up-and-down-motion and finally got that sought for sight "Goal 1 completed". Ahh!

I deeply agree with Reagan. I whole-heartedly loath this table and will not play it again for a looooong time (just like Genie).

Over and out.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.