5X Jackpot build strategy (POTO)

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
I've just has 5 attempts ruined by the slingshots kicking the ball straight into the trap door kickout after the ball drops out of the bumpers, cancelling my round. F*CK THIS GOAL!

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
Zaphod77: I feel ya!

Thought that I would love some more "wisdom" before leaving this thread and this awful WG.

This goal is about 70% luck and perseverance and 30% skill I would say. You are entirely dependent on how the ball will run down the lanes and if you will get that Up and Down-movement. About half of the time (or less) it actually bounces up and down a bit and you get some lanes covered but what you should aim for is the right-most lane since that has the possibility to do that several times and slow enough to easily change the lanes. This only happens perhaps once every 6-7 times - and you probably need this to happen at least twice (in one 5x-attempt).

The skill is related to being able to trap the ball on your left flipper and shoot the right outlane with very few mistakes. When you have 4x and 6 seconds left, you have no time to miss it. Getting skilled at this shot pretty much comes with the perseverance needed for this goal anyway - so you WILL learn it.

Now, when you can make that shot it is just a matter of repeating and repeating. When I tried for this WG I restarted the game frequently. If I, for example, hit the trap door I restarted since I didn't want to wait for the "exciting bonus" I would get, as well as trapping after a kickout is virtually impossible. Why not just start a new game when you get the ball automatically to the bumpers?

After all, this is just a matter of repeating over and over and over and over until the probability plays your way and you get at least two good runs up at the bumpers and lanes, as well as having the luck & skill to get the ball to a cradle and the skill to shoot it back to the bumpers. I think I may have made some 300-400 attempts, but then again I restart frequently. I didn't play 400 full games on this table :)

Nudging around the bumpers didn't help me out a single bit. Nudging, in my pov, is only relevant to get the ball cradled and to get it into the rightmost lane.

My thoughts are with you, who are still trying for this goal! It was one of the worst ever in terms of how boring it was to go for...

Last edited:

satandouche

Sep 27, 2015
I don't post often, but I check these boards frequently for wg help. Just wanted to thank Storm Krazysteve and the rest for helping me cross this one off the list. Took a long break as TPA was acting weird on my old iPad, but it's working fine on my new one so I'm back.

One thing I wanted to add is that after a trap door kickout you can sometimes catch the ball on the left flipper by holding it up then nudging up right as the ball hits the left flipper.

I had some luck after many failed attempts and actually got it up to 7x. Might have gotten more, but I tried to get a screenshot which killed my ball. The screenshot missed the flashing 7x of course, which was awesome, but I don't even care as I now have this goal done, finished, finitoed,sayonaraed latered, don't let the door hit you etc...

Just have Phantom millions and SST planet wg to go then I will purchase Season 5.

Good luck fellow hunters!

Last edited:

Eternal21

Jun 3, 2018
Here's a vid of me getting it. Took about a week of playing 30 minutes a day (just couldn't stomach anymore). Ultimately you need to get good at shooting the ramp from the left flipper with at leat 50% success rate. Also you need to be comfortable transferring the ball from right flipper to left flipper (you can see it towards the end of my vid). There's also always a chance you'll get lucky with the right pop keep bouncing your ball over and over again. I've been only 1 rollover away on four separate occasions from earning this goal, until finally getting lucky here.

skippycue

Jul 16, 2013
I've seen a lot of people talking about the right rollover (not outlane as some have been calling it) strategy, but I found hitting the left rollover would also produce good results. Really the middle one tends to be the one with the least potential. I also agree with what was said earlier that this is 30% skill and 70% luck. You really do need to get good reactions from the rollovers and pop bumpers because getting control of the ball quickly enough to make multiple shots to the rollovers in 15 seconds can be really difficult. Something that was throwing me off for an embarrassing amount of time was that both flipper shift the lit rollovers to the right, lol. I kept using the left flipper to go left and was not understanding why I was then missing the unilt lane I was targeting... I then went back and confirmed my idiocy by reading the instructions which say both flippers move it to the right...What a dope, lol. This table does not flow well. All that junk in the middle just gets n the way and screws up a natural ball path. Oh, and why oh why does a "DANGER DANGER" kill the jackpot building mode?? grrrrr

Anyway, just for fun...

Last edited:

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
Damn near everything kills jackpot build. strangely enough, locking one of two balls in two ball mulitball doesn't kill it, but back to one ball play kills it, trapdoor award kills it, i think even magic mirror kills it. going from 1 to 2 ball or 2 to 3 ball kills it. I hink even phantom ramp kills it.

Members online

Members online