Waste of money

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
I have a lot of fun with POTO, just because it´s a rough table. I rather would say a challenging table with one of the best artworks. But the only thing, which is pissing me of is the extreme high rate of draining, after shooting at the organ, in order to open it. In most cases, you have no change to recue the ball, even with strong nudging. But, after all, I thing this table is definitely underrated in the community.

You have a valid point. I certainly keep going back for more punishment simply because of the difficulty. I play it more then say, creature from the black lagoon even though I love that table and spent a ton of time playing it irl when it came out but it's a little on the easy side, actually a LOT on the easy side. ;)

David Pannozzo

Mar 6, 2012
Reagan, I have never unmasked it, but I had a great game going the other day on my Playstation 4. I must have gotten 3 extra balls, I forgot the score because it somehow got erased. That's good for me on a 3 ball game like Phantom, what your saying is the reason I don't like EM tables, they drain really fast on me and I don't get any prize for playing it for a while. Of course that's because EM pinball machines were originally made for gambling, if you were on it for quite a while you would be a rich person.

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
That's cool. Shawn conned me into getting a ps4. Maybe I should buy season 4 on it since it's a little easier then playing on my iPad mini retina. Let me know next time you have a good game going. My high score is a little over 6 million and I probably got that on my first game and have been unable to beet it. I have never reset a game as much as this dumb table. It makes my blood boil. And I through BSD was bad. Arrrrrrggggg

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Sorry about that Reagan, it's just that none of us have seen it either. It's not that important is it? If it were something that actually affected the gameplay, it'd be a different story. Kinda like midnight madness on Junkyard. But yeah, I've been punishing myself with POTO a lot lately too. Doesn't really bother me. Some tables are hard, some tables are easy. newcomers probably wouldn't like POTO. With BSD, I showed a friend of mine (that's not into pinball at all). But for some reason I was killin it, and my friend liked coffin multiball. I guess what I'm saying is, when you really want to, you can be awesome at it. Same thing happened when I showed my dad Diner. He could care less, but I was able to show him everything that they shout out, keeping in mind his attention span was minimal. You can do good if you put your mind to it :)

JJH516

Banned
Jun 4, 2014
The Phantom cannot be unmasked, it was only shown in the promo video as a surprise. I've already asked them.

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
I have a lot of fun with POTO, just because it´s a rough table. I rather would say a challenging table with one of the best artworks. But the only thing, which is pissing me of is the extreme high rate of draining, after shooting at the organ, in order to open it. In most cases, you have no change to recue the ball, even with strong nudging. But, after all, I thing this table is definitely underrated in the community.

I agree. The only reason I keep playing it is bc I get such crappy scores but it's rediculous

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
Reagan, I have never unmasked it, but I had a great game going the other day on my Playstation 4. I must have gotten 3 extra balls, I forgot the score because it somehow got erased. That's good for me on a 3 ball game like Phantom, what your saying is the reason I don't like EM tables, they drain really fast on me and I don't get any prize for playing it for a while. Of course that's because EM pinball machines were originally made for gambling, if you were on it for quite a while you would be a rich person.

Thanks David.

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
The Phantom cannot be unmasked, it was only shown in the promo video as a surprise. I've already asked them.

Thanks. Although someone did tell me they randomly were able to unmask the phantom and sent a picture. Will send it to you if I can find it

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
Sorry about that Reagan, it's just that none of us have seen it either. It's not that important is it? If it were something that actually affected the gameplay, it'd be a different story. Kinda like midnight madness on Junkyard. But yeah, I've been punishing myself with POTO a lot lately too. Doesn't really bother me. Some tables are hard, some tables are easy. newcomers probably wouldn't like POTO. With BSD, I showed a friend of mine (that's not into pinball at all). But for some reason I was killin it, and my friend liked coffin multiball. I guess what I'm saying is, when you really want to, you can be awesome at it. Same thing happened when I showed my dad Diner. He could care less, but I was able to show him everything that they shout out, keeping in mind his attention span was minimal. You can do good if you put your mind to it :)

I keep going back to it because other then genie it's the only other table I've only scored less then 5'million. In genies case it's 700,500 or so. Uggg I'm a glutton for punishment. Pinball have a picture of what it looks like from someone. He told me it was totally random. Will try to find it and post it for you guys

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014

IRL, at certain times during the game, the flashers behind the glass light up, allowing players and spectators to see his disfigured face through the mask.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
IRL, at certain times during the game, the flashers behind the glass light up, allowing players and spectators to see his disfigured face through the mask.

Yeah. It's an attract mode feature.

Also whatever Farsight did to the table along with the Starship Troopers release update, it plays much better.

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
Thanks. Although someone did tell me they randomly were able to unmask the phantom and sent a picture. Will send it to you if I can find it

If it's the pic you want...

image-25.jpg

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Yeah. It's an attract mode feature.

Also whatever Farsight did to the table along with the Starship Troopers release update, it plays much better.

Does this mean that the table works correctly when getting a or the highscore? In earlier TPA versions it crashed the app for me and others, also messing up remote backup and restore (and not registering the grand champion score either). Been afraid to try again....

JJH516

Banned
Jun 4, 2014

I'm just telling you what Farsight told me. I have yet to hear anyone unmask the Phantom in the game.

Of course, you can do so in real life. I believe they use a magnet cover, but it's been years since I played a real one.

speedfreakz

Mar 15, 2014

The one I had was a sticker on the outside of the glass, I showed some when lit from behind bit not much. I liked the game but the organ edge got beat up and the posts next to the mirror took alot of beating. We replaced them with ones that had a nut underneath. I think the flipper coils were bigger then they needed to be. The audio of this table played really well and was turned up a bit, good bass. The "nooo" scream could be heard across the room.

Members online

Members online