Party Zone first impressions

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
Wont be buying this table. the thought of having to see with the other duds in my game list makes me cringe. I wish there was a way to purge games from the GUI menu and not just the game files.

I am looking at you High Roller. God i hate that table and the texas accent.

Ideally I want to only see the games i want to play, and not the ones i want to forget.

Ha! High Roller is one of my top 5 favorite tables.. and I love the audio its great! "All Right lets Roll and Win!"

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
I'm having a great time playing Party Zone. It's fun to knock the pinball(s) around this table. I enjoy it a lot better than Dr. Dude. I have no sound issues since I always play TPA with the sound on mute.

This will change when TAF becomes part of TPA. The sound of TAF is 70% of the enjoyment to me.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
Gotta say I am really enjoying Party Zone. I got a chance to play TPZ IRL at Tilt Pinball (louisville, CO) and am definitely noticing a difference in flipper power in the older machines (T2 another example) where I have to hit the ball "with determination" to make shots (especially ramp shots) - every shot in TPA feels like full power no matter what. It seems like newer machines (star trek, mustang, walking dead) have much more flipper power - out of curiosity if I had been able to play these machines a couple of decades ago when they were brand new - would their action be similar to todays newer machines?

Yes, when new and freshly waxed those machines play like lightning. In a couple days they slow back down a bit, but are still reasonably fast.

Games tend to be easiest during the "few days after freshly waxed" state. In this, the common experience of aiming for one shot and cleanly hitting the one next to it is most common.

D

dmarcoot2

I will say party zone in every way is better than DR. Dude.

Personally, the party theme tables are just obnoxiously childish to me and feel like a bad hang over from the 80s I would rather forget.

Last edited:

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
meh.......... that HRC looks and feels cheap. Back glass is terrible. And audio is awful. But I still play it from time to time.
The PZ on the other hand is great in so many ways, great gameplay, over the top artwork that just works with those crazy sounds. And most of all, FS somehow managed to make it feels right, physics on this one is great.

lio

Jul 24, 2013
I have never played a real PZ, so I can't comment on how accurate the gameplay is but with every new release the TPA table quality seems to rise a little in terms of visual quality so even if PZ is not a table I'm too much into I can appreciate the increased (visual) quality of the recreation.
Personally the thing I really dislike about it is that the ramps are fed by kickers which to me destroys the feel of flow.

Last edited:

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
The only negative for me is the vacuum cleaners on the ramps. Top 5 table for me at the moment. Looks and plays great on android.

Kaoru

Mar 29, 2012
I don't get this table. The theme is strangely vague, there are tons of seemingly unrelated stuff on the playfield, plenty seemingly unrelated modes to unlock... and I don't understand the whats, whens and whys. Of course, I could look into the instructions and all that, but I just can't be bothered. Only played it three or four times in the week since its release anyway.

Nevertheless, I somehow managed to rack up 340something million points. Just don't ask me how. I just know that... there was stuff going on.

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
hmmmm..... there really isn't much about it when it comes to how deep it really is. It is pretty straight forward table without the need to make thousand shots to unlock something like on same later DMDs.

androidlove

Aug 23, 2012
I love colorful childish tables. I'm also not fond of gritty themes. However, this table just isn't fun to me.

I think TPA may not have much in store fpr me in the futue. That's OK. I got loaded up on season one.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I really like the flipper feel on Party Zone. It seems to feel different to me. Not sure what it is. Probably just in my head, but there you go.

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
The physics and recreation is great, but to me this is a bottom tier table. The gameplay is very lacking.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.