Lyman's Lament

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I had no idea about the code and was watching a PAPA vid tutorial on the table and it was the first thing they did. I immediately stopped watching and booted up the PS3. Code works on that system too, but yeah, no goal from it. What a grind fest of a goal. Not looking forward to going for it.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
But hey, at least you can get the enjoyment of Lyman Sheats bashing on you the rest of the ball XD (and besides, would we want to do it all the time??? :) )

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Last night I dedicated myself to getting Lyman's and nothing else. All I did was shoot that scoop, ignoring all other modes except multiball, cause really why would you? Anyways, took me three games, one of which I missed out by only 4 shots, but that third game, I got it not once, but twice! My game was pretty much this: catch ball with right flipper, back hand into scoop, with left flipper up let the ball come out of the scoop and bounce from left to right flipper, repeat.

I got so many modes given to me by the concert scoop, and my first Monster Bash was done with all instruments already lit without me having gone for any of them specifically. I didn't intend to go for Lyman's a second time, but I was having such a good game just using that strategy that I figured I'd continue with it! Wound up scoring somewhere in the 1.6 billion range (gotta update my sig).

Now if only I could beat MM and the battle for the kingdom!!

Adam

Apr 5, 2012
I entered the code on Xbox and totally got the Wizard Goal...so...I don't know why others haven't.

acw-nf

May 17, 2012
I found this wizard goal fairly easy to get on the PS3, just shoot the scoop and catch over and over again. Didn't take as long as I thought it would, and I ended up having a pretty good game besides that.

There does seem to be some confusion over this goal, as you need not make all shots on one ball. In other words - shots with a single ball in play count towards the goal, multiball shots do not. But you can spread out the scoop shots over as many balls as you like. So grab some extra balls while you are at it, and you'll get this goal in no time.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
There does seem to be some confusion over this goal, as you need not make all shots on one ball. In other words - shots with a single ball in play count towards the goal, multiball shots do not.

Ohhhh, that's why I mistakenly thought it had to be done on one ball.

K

Korven

Just managed to tick it of the hard way, beside getting LL I had a terrible game and ended up with a score of ~193M :rolleyes:

DJWhoDunnit

Dec 23, 2012
one note about this flipper code, it can be entered multiple times on a single ball, and if you have one waiting to be collected after ball drain, you can still enter it again the following ball...

Master Magician

Feb 14, 2013
Can we confirm the cheat code even works on the android? I've done the code perfectly, sometimes several times on one ball, and nothing. Get the ball bouncing around the bumpers and you have several seconds of free time to count out every flipper. I know I'm counting them right

Eegah

May 12, 2013
So has anyone managed this legit-like recently on an iPad? Slam23's method of just holding both flippers isn't consistent -- the kickout is fairly random and the ball's pretty liable to just roll off the left flip and down the middle, and nudging's tough since your thumbs are committed to holding the flippers up. I'm awfully lucky to get more than 5 scoops off before a drain.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
So has anyone managed this legit-like recently on an iPad? Slam23's method of just holding both flippers isn't consistent -- the kickout is fairly random and the ball's pretty liable to just roll off the left flip and down the middle, and nudging's tough since your thumbs are committed to holding the flippers up. I'm awfully lucky to get more than 5 scoops off before a drain.

That's because when Slam23 posted his method almost a year ago, it WAS consistent. FarSight's tweeked the table a couple of times since. I achieved it using the same method. But then, I went and did a total clear of my records and haven't even tried to do it again. Just wasn't fun.

Last edited:

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012
This thread inspired me to go for this goal after putting it off because of its grindiness. It went much faster than I expected.

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012
How'd you manage it?

Others have mentioned it- backhand the scoop from a trap on the right flipper, hold both flippers up during the return and the ball will come safely back to a trap on the right flipper. Rinse and repeat. I think it took about five minutes; 44 goes by fast once you get into a rhythm.

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
It took me all day and alot of frustration to activate it. Maybe I wasn't holding both flippers up.

Both Lyman's Lament and Frog Frenzy are two lame modes that take a ton of effort.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.