Strategies and tricks.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
1) a tilt warning stops the 10X timer until a major shot, which does not include the WOOC, lane is hit. well known exploit
2) often after a shot to the ozone ramp, if you hold the flipper up it will land on the lowered opposite flipper. a well times flip will send it back up the ramp.
3) a hard nudge LEFT while it rolls up the left flipper will ensure it makes it over to an upraised RIGHT flipper. you can then trap and shoot the ozone ramp.
4) captn is best shot by an early flip on the feed from the comic/cottage. do it right and it will drop in. this is true in real life as well, as shots from a trap will often have too much power and bounce out.
5) big bang simply isn't big enough to justify making any special effort to collect, and gimps the rock-it to 1 mill for the rest of the mulitball. at this point might as well drain to turn on the 2x scores.
6) ozone ramp is a good source of extra balls. :) with ball on right flipper you usually want to shoot that. you may want request time if the cottage is not lit or party saver bonus is.
7) eat drink and B merry is just not that much points.
8) WOOC is where all the real points are at. million plus up to 10M, and can be multiplied by 2x or 10x. not sure if both will stack. but consider that 20 million twice is more then you will get out of big bang.
9) however the ozone ramp is pretty safe. and if you get both balls up it you can get a lot of points in a short amount of time. ozone bonus seems to max at 2 million, doubled to 4 million. for an easy shot to repeat, that's not bad. and add to that the extra balls and we are retty good.
10) lighting the comic is worthwhile especially if the cottage is NOT lit. if it IS you may want to claim the multiball from it before you try to collect the comic, because instant multiball wastes normally lit multiball.
11) every time the ball returns to plunger, door prize is available. even after a ball save. that's why door prize cuts off the saver.

Last edited:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
8) WOOC is where all the real points are at. million plus up to 10M, and can be multiplied by 2x or 10x. not sure if both will stack.

Doesn't stack.

Another couple of observations:
1. If Party Dudes is lit, and you've already been through multiball on that ball already (i.e. 2x is lit), avoid shooting the Cottage and save that multiball for the next ball. Collecting the Comic reward with Party Dudes lit is most likely also going to start Multiball as well, so just let the Comic time out (his other rewards really aren't worth it).
2. If you start your first multiball via the Comic [before shooting Party Animals at the Cottage?], you can still start multiball with Party Animals/Monsters/Dudes
at the Cottage without shooting the Captain to light each stage.
3. It's worth going for 1M Boppers. Given that most WOOC shots go into the Boppers, at 2x scoring you'll get 20M+a bunch of 2M-a-time Bopper hits. At 10x that's 100M+10M per Bopper!!

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
The comic CAN award extra ball directly,and my experience is that it's usually so happy to give you instant multiball that wasting a lit one is not much of a worry. :)

The rule for multiball is

first one. all three passes for free.
second one, one request gets all three passes.
third and later, passes lit separately, no carryover. doesn't matter how you start multiball.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
The comic CAN award extra ball directly

I've yet to get an EB out of the Comic. Multiball is good, of course, but Bonus x is useless and Laff Attack is counterproductive since it overrides the WOOC millions+ scoring. If I get Laff Attack I usually just loop ramp->Comic until it finishes. I will get more points from 1 maxed ramp shot than I get from the entire Laff Attack.

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
My first comic reward was EB :D And that was the only one I got so far. And I do play this one A LOT.
IMO, while there's nothing wrong with your tips 'n trick the problem is that this table can be and often is, very cruel so each time I try to go for something specific which should bring some significant points it ends up as a bust. So this one I play with no strategy, just try to keep the ball alive as long as possible when 2x is active with ramp shots as main goal. Bumpers are terrible, never got more than 10 hits at ones. Those frome HRC would be very welcome here.

Iguana

Jul 28, 2013
...this one I play with no strategy, just try to keep the ball alive as long as possible when 2x is active with ramp shots as main goal.

Same here. In fact, I managed to get all standard and wizard goals after 3 or 4 sessions of play without trying. On one hand, great. On the other, I probably won't play TPZ very often now that I attained all of the goals.

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
I will play this one forever. Amazing table with great recreation.
BTW, can someone explain those pro tips for bonus? I don't get it....... L-R-L-R and then........ what?

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
BTW, can someone explain those pro tips for bonus? I don't get it....... L-R-L-R and then........ what?

1) The author of the tips really, really, really, likes Pinball Wizard in this game.
2) When you first get Request Time, flipping L-R-L-R (but not TOO quick) as soon as the explanation text comes up will select and start Pinball Wizard. I.e. you don't need to wait for the explanation text to play, you can flip through it and go straight to the choice of music.
3) That is all.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
yeah, what he said. (laugh)

my advice is if you DO get the 10 million, and its' telling you to hit big bang, just go after the WOOC lane instead. If you do accidentally collect big bang, just keep shooting the ramp til you get an extra ball, then drain one and get to work on 2x WOOC. It's never gonna be high enough to be worth it unless you NEVER restart.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.