Put Your Initial Thoughts Here

BBIAJ

Jul 31, 2012
Tables look better here than ps4. Its very clear they develop on an Xbox first the port over everything. The x1 is tables are so beautiful. Just gotta be more consistent with the PC version.

Missing sound options, etc.

I'm not so sure about that, as Farsight were quite late in getting an Xbox One devkit, hence the game not launching at the same time as the PS4 version.

It's more likely that the extra 12 months of developing the Xbox One version, using the PS4 Season One tables at least, as a launch pad, is why you're seeing improvements, if indeed there are any.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Is the XBOX one's HDMI out locked from recording to an HDPRV such as one of the Happauge units?

I'm hoping to see some gameplay footage, a couple vids I've seen on youtube look kind of blah.

BBIAJ

Jul 31, 2012
I'd be more than happy to broadcast it on twitch for you, but this is impossible right now, due to it only being recognised as an "Unknown Game", thus resulting in a broadcast fail.

BBIAJ

Jul 31, 2012
Tell me about it! I've been looking forward to streaming TPA since it was announced as coming to Xbox One, and regularly stream marathon Pinball FX2 sessions, I even updated my twitch profile with all the tables, only to find that I can't even stream them if I wanted to.

Hopefully Microsoft will get this sorted soon, in fact, I think I shall tweet Xbox Support about it now.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I'm looking to grab a Happauge HDPVR for recording HDMI feeds and uploading them to youtube...I'm just hoping that the new consoles support them, as even the PS3 has locked down HDMI recording, forcing people to use component cables and limiting the resolution. XBOX 360 allows gameplay recording through HDMI, and allows content providers to determine if they want their content locked (like netflix and whatnot). I'm hoping that twitch isn't the only way because my upload speeds are rather sad, and for quality video, I can't stream live.

Trenchbroom

Apr 20, 2013
Well I've played enough to find a VERY frustrating bug. If you have Kinect and if it sees/hears a user it recognizes (so it says "Hi") it will drop you right out of the game you are playing.

Was having the best game of Big Shot I've ever had, approaching 250k with two balls in reserve, called my wife in from the kitchen to witness the magic. Wife sits down, Kinect says "Hi Rebecca" and BAM--game resets. It happened again a few hours later when I was logged in and it recognized her voice. :mad:

Last edited:

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
Well I've played enough to find a VERY frustrating bug. If you have Kinect and if it sees/hears a user it recognizes (so it says "Hi") it will drop you right out of the game you are playing.

Was having the best game of Big Shot I've ever had, approaching 250k with two balls in reserve, called my wife in from the kitchen to witness the magic. Wife sits down, Kinect says "Hi Rebecca" and BAM--game resets. It happened again a few hours later when I was logged in and it recognized her voice. :mad:

;)

DJ Clae

Jun 17, 2012
I've had Kinect issues with voice on other games too. That's why I disconnected and eventually sold my Kinect.

KingNeptune

Feb 8, 2013
Forgive any dupes:
-Loses player context on any sign-in/sign-out event, including an inactive signed in profile logging in to another console.
-Segmented display such as in Black KNight 2000 and Funhouse missing character segments of M, N, and R, at least, as compared to the pc version
-Black Knight 2000 sound locks in a loop between balls until the ball is launched again
-Circus Voltaire's neon tube seems stuck at full brightness
-New games sometimes fail to start in the emulator (waiting for Start press) in STTNG, FunHouse, at least. Old bug...
-Lighting is great, but seems a bit to bright/washed out at times.
-Scared Stiff's crate frequently doesn't let balls in when it should, nor does it remember pro menu settings between sessions (ie: Turning Family Mode OFF!). Experienced an issue where right ramp roll-over switch started rapid-firing repeatedly after the ball had moved on - continued until end of ball.
-Frequent reports that Xbox Live is not available, but a retry gets you in

I have recorded game clips illustrating most of these if needed - http://1drv.ms/1Cpk9oK.

Last edited:

BBIAJ

Jul 31, 2012
Not only that, but Cirqus Voltaire is always stuck on blue, what happened to the different coloured neon tubes and ball on the table?

Michael DiFilippo

Mar 26, 2012
BSD sound is noticeably quieter. My speakers crackle as well. I think FS lowered the volume on this. Personally I like this loud. Unfortunately we cannot modify the sound.

There is no sound settings. :/

Also, the table takes longer to start in attract mode. this is not present in the ps4, etc.

Indy99

May 24, 2013
I found myself at Target last night, and there was one Xbox One bundle left so I decided to purchase it. Add me to the list who REALLY want to be able to use the bumpers! This is really needed. Also, as others have said, vibration would be nice.

I am glad things worked out this way as I was fully expecting to buy the 360 version when it came out, but now I won't need to. I have only played a bit so far, but the graphics do seem very nice. Hopefully Farsight will give this version a little TLC.

---stone---

Dec 23, 2013
Not only that, but Cirqus Voltaire is always stuck on blue, what happened to the different coloured neon tubes and ball on the table?

Same issue on the PS4. I was really hoping that the different neon tube / menagerie ball would show up in the Xbox One (and the 360 version as well when it arrives on that) version... then be hotfixed/patched in at some point on the PS4 when the PS4 gets a "super mega-ultra-hyper" patch to fix sound, assorted table bugs etc.

Its why I still migrate and play CV on the PS3 still more than on the PS4. The colors man, the colors lol... plus I like the way the PS3 version neon track tube lights the table up with random neon color reflecting off Ringmaster, the inside left wall of the cabinet and what not and that is not present in the PS4 version.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.