Put Your Initial Thoughts Here

BBIAJ

Jul 31, 2012
At least Farsight are nothing if not consistent when it comes to releasing bug riddled tables!

Last edited:

p6800

May 17, 2013
Forgive any dupes:
-Loses player context on any sign-in/sign-out event, including an inactive signed in profile logging in to another console.
-Segmented display such as in Black KNight 2000 and Funhouse missing character segments of M, N, and R, at least, as compared to the pc version
-Black Knight 2000 sound locks in a loop between balls until the ball is launched again
-Circus Voltaire's neon tube seems stuck at full brightness
-New games sometimes fail to start in the emulator (waiting for Start press) in STTNG, FunHouse, at least. Old bug...
-Lighting is great, but seems a bit to bright/washed out at times.
-Scared Stiff's crate frequently doesn't let balls in when it should, nor does it remember pro menu settings between sessions (ie: Turning Family Mode OFF!). Experienced an issue where right ramp roll-over switch started rapid-firing repeatedly after the ball had moved on - continued until end of ball.
-Frequent reports that Xbox Live is not available, but a retry gets you in

I have recorded game clips illustrating most of these if needed - http://1drv.ms/1Cpk9oK.

This guy nails most of the stuff. Bought season 1 to show support and hope for fixes...

- No vibration
- Aliasing is an issue
- Needs configurable controls
- Needs more work to tune lights/contrast/colors feel to reduce the washed out thing.

Knowing that ps4 still has NO vibration after a year makes me sick... Hope the one will not be treated like that.

KingNeptune

Feb 8, 2013
TOTAN Issues:
-Genie and 3 Skill Shot drop targets frequently seem to not respond to ball strikes
-Genie Ball Magnet frequently loses hold of the ball when it drops at the start of Multiball causing multiball to fail
-Score summary screens appear before emulator has finished "Match for free game" after entering initials at the end of a game

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Has anyone found (or could make :)) a video of the Xbox One version in the dark room setting (presuming it has that option)? Thanks

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Hey - many thanks BBIAJ :).

It looks really good - big improvement on the lighting compared to PC version. It doesn't look quite as dark as the PS4 videos I have seen - it's a pity they don't allow an even darken environment. Apparently in the early PS4 version (demo for shows) they offered lighting sliders but they were later removed.

Thanks again for going to the trouble of making a video.

chinzman93

Jul 1, 2013
I was wondering if anyone has put up an video of the night mode on the season 2 tables? I am curious to see what they look like. :D

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Here is a video someone uploaded of the dark mode on the PS4 TOTAN:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=gW5hObRWZxI

If you compare it with BBIAJ's TOTAN Xbox One video a few posts up, the XBOX one version is quite a bit lighter. I hope they will allow the lights to be toned down a bit more in the PC DX11 version.

We are all looking closely at the Xbox One version to anticipate what to expect on the PC DX11 ;)

KingNeptune

Feb 8, 2013
Doesn't the game have the lighting settings to play in a dark room, etc. like in the PS4 version?

In my totally subjective opinion, lit lamps are just too bright and look washed out, like bad HDR, no matter which room lighting mode you're in. It should be noted that this depends significantly on the settings of your TV, so your experience may vary.

That said, this lighting work is leaps and boundsbetter than the PC or XB360 version and I mention it only to help fix some relatively minor issues. I look forward to the PC version getting the updated rendering engine.

Its all about minor tweaks at this point - the overall experience on XB1 is outstanding!

chinzman93

Jul 1, 2013
Here is a video someone uploaded of the dark mode on the PS4 TOTAN:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=gW5hObRWZxI

If you compare it with BBIAJ's TOTAN Xbox One video a few posts up, the XBOX one version is quite a bit lighter. I hope they will allow the lights to be toned down a bit more in the PC DX11 version.

We are all looking closely at the Xbox One version to anticipate what to expect on the PC DX11 ;)

Agreed.....I mainly wetting my appetite in anticipation of the PC update...:D

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
In my totally subjective opinion, lit lamps are just too bright and look washed out, like bad HDR, no matter which room lighting mode you're in. It should be noted that this depends significantly on the settings of your TV, so your experience may vary.

That said, this lighting work is leaps and boundsbetter than the PC or XB360 version and I mention it only to help fix some relatively minor issues. I look forward to the PC version getting the updated rendering engine.

Its all about minor tweaks at this point - the overall experience on XB1 is outstanding!

That is good to hear :). Actually the only experience of the PS4 version for me is Youtube - I saw a tables played in 'dark' mode and it was so dark that sometimes the ball was hard to see and I know some people commented on that, although for me personally I would prefer that as that can be the case on a real pin

Even better would be to have sliders so we can totally control the lighting (I guess they don't have that in the Xbox One version????) - we know it is technically possible because they had it in the Alpha/Beta demo at trades shows.

BBIAJ

Jul 31, 2012
I would be interested in seeing White Water, T2, and maybe Cactus Canyon if it would be to much trouble. I really appreciate it!

Okie dokes, let me whip some up for you!

Be forewarned though that I suck at White Water, so that could be a short clip! I'm not too hot at T2, but I love Cactus Canyon, it's just using the triggers that's letting me down at the moment.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.