Put Your Initial Thoughts Here

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
First and foremost I do stand corrected over cross-format pricing. Apologies, I was unaware that the bundles were the same price.
But with all due respects I never once mentioned the word "greedy" so let's try and keep things in the context of my comments.

To further your comparison:
If your boss told you that, in order to become a more competitive force - which would in turn create a viable and profitable product that offered long term security - you had to take a $2 an hour pay cut, would you do it? Of course you would.
Must have misread it or sewn the word elsewhere and had it in my head. Either that or editing posts now edits all quotes of posts (a conspiracy dammit I swear).

And no I would find another job. I wouldn't let a company threaten my livelihood while theirs are (assumedly in this scenario) untouched. Most might subscribe to conventional wisdom and take the cowardly way out but pressure and clutch situations bring out the best in me.

MichRX7

Aug 2, 2012
To be fair I'd take the $2 pay cut while dialing a group of headhunters with my left hand to find me a better paying and more stable position with a growing company, lol...

pinsam

Oct 13, 2014
I recently bought an Xbox One after all. TPA looks and feels great! I only have 'Arabian' now and I've tried the demos, but won't hesitate to buy all the tables.

Sound isn't so great though, everything sounds like it's in a really low sampling frequency. And it doesn't seem to be in surround (I run my TV audio through an AV receiver).

uwsublime

Nov 26, 2014
For anyone who hasn't bought this yet - DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY. If anything goes wrong, and it will, Farsight will refuse to help you. It took me nearly two weeks to get them to admit that they do not backup our save files which reside on their servers. A bug (one of MANY) destroyed mine, and Farsight can't restore it. If our data means so little to them that they won't even back it up, I have no reason to support this company anymore. For anyone who has gotten any of the el dorado goals, or the 1000 point ball on central park, you know how crappy those are to get and you probably realize where I'm coming from when I say I don't want to redo that. I almost had my achievements and now because of farsight's crappy planning (or lack of farsight) all of that effort is wiped out. I'll be the first to admit that these tables are the best on the market when they work, but there are enough game breaking bugs here where it's not worth the trouble. This is just one of those situations where we waited several years for a pile of dung. Thanks for dangling that carrot for us for so long Farsight, I'd like to congratulate you on a joke very well played.

BBIAJ

Jul 31, 2012
It took me nearly two weeks to get them to admit that they do not backup our save files which reside on their servers. A bug (one of MANY) destroyed mine, and Farsight can't restore it

I find this hard to believe, simply because the saves are stored on Microsoft's Azure Cloud System.

I just did a system restore, and recovered my save no problem, all table goals intact.

DJ Clae

Jun 17, 2012
I'm sorry but I kinda disagree with you on this one because i'm a firm believer that day one DLC should be part of the launch package and not used as a separate saleable item.
It doesn't matter if it's EA, Ubisoft, Microsoft or Fred Bloggs the bedroom programmer - the fact remains that if it's available on day one it could (and therefore should) be part and parcel of the entire product.
To further question the ethics of Farsight I simply cannot believe that the 'pro pack' (the operator's menu?) can be seen as a justifiable sale because surely it's part of the game anyway. What next?
Perhaps for £2,99 you can enter your name on the challenge leaderboards, or maybe for 99p you can configure vibration on your controller!

Retro pinball is a very niche product that will never appeal to mainstream gamers and therefore will never move mountains in the unit sales department. To entwine it in today's DLC money train culture at Farsight's pre set pricing system only seeks to make it less appealing and therefore further alienate it from a potential greater audience. The end product being that those who actually enjoy playing pinball have to continually pay a premium price in order to continue playing. It's almost like the whole project no longer has anything to do with the soul searching words written in the game's disclaimer, it's simply about the pounds, shillings and pennies that can be exploited from the more obsessive pinball audience amongst us.
Farsight perhaps also need reminding that Zen with it's suave front end and high profile licence tie-ins of FX2 pretty much have a monopoly on the xbox pinball money-go-round and good as it may well be, £3.99 for a 1980 'plinky plonky' pinball table (Genie) will most definitely not swing the balance of favour over (example) two South Park tables @£2.39 irrespective of how lovingly created and pixel perfect it is!

Just one final thought. People need to be reminded that it wasn't so long ago that when you bought a game you paid a set price and bought it in it's entirety - no hidden extras, no season passes - just an RRP and a shiny disc in a pretty box. A year later you got a sequel in another pretty box and everyone was happy. You know, the bad old days of complete (and working!) games...

I don't know how we ever got by!
I whole-heartedly agree that the new game-purchasing paradigm (buying unfinished games and then paying extra for some content) totally sucks. But it's not like Farsight invented it, or are the only ones doing it. It is likely the most viable way of monetizing this product.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Is anyone free to post a video of the XBox One playing CV in the DARK room setting please? We are discussing the lighting that the PC might get in the DX11 thread, and have a video linked below of the PS4 playing in the dark room mode, and it would be good to compare the Xbox light levels:

PS4 CV Dark:

Thanks in advance :)

BBIAJ

Jul 31, 2012
I'd assume it's yet another bug? I'm annoyed at the lack of different coloured neons and rubber balls, it even has the wrong colour ball for the neon, it should be blue right?

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
I'd assume it's yet another bug? I'm annoyed at the lack of different coloured neons and rubber balls, it even has the wrong colour ball for the neon, it should be blue right?

Right ok thanks - that might explain why the table looks a lot brighter in the Xbox One version.

uwsublime

Nov 26, 2014
I find this hard to believe, simply because the saves are stored on Microsoft's Azure Cloud System.

I just did a system restore, and recovered my save no problem, all table goals intact.

Here are quotes from MS and Farsight:

MS:
Crystal T.: at 17:37:37
"To restore your saved games and achievements, we would suggest for you to contact the game developer since we do not have shared server with them and we do not have the option to restore the save games and achievements from our end. It is the game developer that has access to these on their servers."

Farsight:
"Restoring a save file will be impossible unfortunately, we're just working to have it prevent that from hopefully stopping it happening again."

So either you are lying or they are f***ing me. Which is it?

BBIAJ

Jul 31, 2012
Well I'm certainly not lying, what would be the point in that? I did a system restore as my console was refusing to boot up every time I turned it on, I just had white spinning logos on screen until I did a hard shut down and reboot, which was obviously annoying.

I then re-synced my game save for Pinball Arcade, and all my goals are there. It even remembered how I have my custom balls set up for each table too.

I'm sorry that M$ and FS seem to be feeding you bull, but it wouldn't be the first time.

I've lost my rights to play Guacamelee, a free Game with Gold. M$ told me to contact the developer, as they deal with the digital rights. The developer told me to contact M$, as they deal with the digital rights.

It was at this point I gave up.

uwsublime

Nov 26, 2014
Well I'm certainly not lying, what would be the point in that? I did a system restore as my console was refusing to boot up every time I turned it on, I just had white spinning logos on screen until I did a hard shut down and reboot, which was obviously annoying.

I then re-synced my game save for Pinball Arcade, and all my goals are there. It even remembered how I have my custom balls set up for each table too.

I'm sorry that M$ and FS seem to be feeding you bull, but it wouldn't be the first time.

I've lost my rights to play Guacamelee, a free Game with Gold. M$ told me to contact the developer, as they deal with the digital rights. The developer told me to contact M$, as they deal with the digital rights.

It was at this point I gave up.

OK, what you are talking about is not restoring your save file on the cloud. What you did was restore your system to default settings which then causes the system to resync with the save file that WAS NEVER DELETED from Farsight's servers. Had the file been destroyed on their servers (which is what a bug in their code caused to happen to me) nothing you could have done would have restored your scores, goals, or settings. Nothing Farsight or MS could have done would either because Farsight does not back up these saves and MS has no access to Farsight's servers. Basically they don't care about our data enough to back it up. I mean it's probably a couple mb per person so it would cost them at least $20 to back up every save game on every platform til the end of time. All it is is pure laziness and lack of caring on their part which is why I don't want to support them anymore.

BBIAJ

Jul 31, 2012
Well you can add my name to the list, same thing just happened to me. Sure, it's annoying, but what can you do? Just gives me even more reason to play and redo the goals, and set new high scores.

uwsublime

Nov 26, 2014
Well you can add my name to the list, same thing just happened to me. Sure, it's annoying, but what can you do? Just gives me even more reason to play and redo the goals, and set new high scores.

Great, so they haven't even fixed it. They told me they couldn't restore it and couldn't refund me but they would fix the problem so it wouldn't happen anymore. So disappointing.

BBIAJ

Jul 31, 2012
This is Farsight, their ability to fix anything usually takes months, if not years.

Personally, I think they've stretched themselves too thin across too many formats, and are more focused on churning out more tables, than fixing crippling issues with existing ones.

They just need to stop, maybe after Season 4 is done (I assume that it's going to be roughly as short as Season 3, which was ten tables, less than half the size of Season One), and fix everything that is wrong with the game, and then commence work on Season 5, otherwise people are going to stop playing, and stop buying, and then they'd get no more money.

uwsublime

Nov 26, 2014
This is Farsight, their ability to fix anything usually takes months, if not years.

Personally, I think they've stretched themselves too thin across too many formats, and are more focused on churning out more tables, than fixing crippling issues with existing ones.

They just need to stop, maybe after Season 4 is done (I assume that it's going to be roughly as short as Season 3, which was ten tables, less than half the size of Season One), and fix everything that is wrong with the game, and then commence work on Season 5, otherwise people are going to stop playing, and stop buying, and then they'd get no more money.

Unfortunately 95% of the player base just puts up with it. I agree, the only other option for pinball on consoles isn't nearly as fun so it's hard to put this game down. They would rather sell more tables to the 95% faster than cater to the people that want a bug-free game. As much as I disagree with this policy, I can't blame them for doing what will make them the most money. Until a larger percent of the player base realizes this is bullcrap, it's going to continue.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.