Put Your Initial Thoughts Here

Trenchbroom

Apr 20, 2013
Quick thoughts:

1. And this is a biggie: played for 90 minutes with the wife and not one bug. NONE. Coming from playing almost exclusively on the PS3, that is no small deal.

2. The lighting effects are very well done. And the upgrade in graphics (in some areas). Black Hole so far is the most impressive over the PS3 version for me--you can finally see the flippers in the lower level moving at all times and the artwork on the table is much more defined. That said, there are definitely some low res graphics in visible places at times, especially with the table cards and edge graphics.

Overall it's definitely an improvement, and I didn't hesitate to order all three seasons.

BBIAJ

Jul 31, 2012
They need to add vibration, as I haven't felt anything yet, haptic trigger support would be nice, but only if they made the response time on the triggers better, as there's too much of a delay right now.

Which brings me on to my next point:

Why on Earth can we not switch the flipper controls to the bumpers!?

The triggers are too laggy, making precise pinpoint shots impossible right now, every other version (bar mobile and Vita), has bumpers supported (not to mention vibration - unless I'm missing something obvious?), so please patch bumper support in, and preferably improve the response time on the triggers to make them react instantly while you're at it.

Thank you.

BBIAJ

Jul 31, 2012
I'd like to know the logic behind the pricing of the ball packs, it's £3.19p, regardless of whether it's a season ball pack, pack of three balls (Star Trek, Terminator 2, Twilight Zone), or the individual Eyeball skin.

Also, Cirqus Voltaire seems to be lacking in the different colours neons and ball, it's always blue for me, anyone else?

I just need to find £115.11p for three Pro Season Packs, and all the ball skins...

Also, I can't be the only one that thinks the season prices are unfair?

Season One = 21 tables.

Season Two = 19 tables.

Season Three = 10 tables.

The cost of each season?

£31.99!

Now I know season three is when Farsight took it upon them selves to start charging £6.49 per pro table, but come on!

This, coupled with the inconsistencies with the ball skins and the relevant prices, means I may just wait for some kind of a sale down the line.

Last edited:

MichRX7

Aug 2, 2012
My initial thoughts are the 20 minutes I was able to play before work went quite well. I just played the demos since I was short on time, but will be purchasing seasons later today after I get home from the office. The graphics were much clearer than the 360 comparisons and the sound was good, but did anyone else seem like they couldn't switch the lane lighting on MM? On the 360 I could flipper switch it, but didn't see it changing at all in the One. Even when a ball went through the lane it didn't light, but it seemed to register.

BBIAJ

Jul 31, 2012
My initial thoughts are the 20 minutes I was able to play before work went quite well. I just played the demos since I was short on time, but will be purchasing seasons later today after I get home from the office. The graphics were much clearer than the 360 comparisons and the sound was good, but did anyone else seem like they couldn't switch the lane lighting on MM? On the 360 I could flipper switch it, but didn't see it changing at all in the One. Even when a ball went through the lane it didn't light, but it seemed to register.

I noticed this on MM too, you can see the rollover lights when the ball is by the flippers, but when going for the skillshot, it's either not lighting up properly, or is obscured by something invisible, if that makes sense?

Megahurtz

Dec 26, 2013
They need to add vibration, as I haven't felt anything yet, haptic trigger support would be nice, but only if they made the response time on the triggers better, as there's too much of a delay right now.

Which brings me on to my next point:

Why on Earth can we not switch the flipper controls to the bumpers!?

The triggers are too laggy, making precise pinpoint shots impossible right now, every other version (bar mobile and Vita), has bumpers supported (not to mention vibration - unless I'm missing something obvious?), so please patch bumper support in, and preferably improve the response time on the triggers to make them react instantly while you're at it.

Thank you.

The bumpers were the first thing I noticed. I loaded up a table, hit the bumpers and then nothing happened.

The triggers are really bad for this. They don't require as much force as the 360 triggers, which is good, but they bottom out *much* harder due to that. I only played for about 20 minutes, but I could see long play sessions really hurting your fingers. Baffling that they don't have an option to at least switch controls.

I think vibration was missing on PS4 at launch too... I want to say it was patched in eventually.

I spotted some noticeable aliasing on all of the tables I played. Especially noticeable on the flippers when they are raised as well as on the habit trails. I'll have to load the PS4 version back up to compare, but it stood out instantly to me since I'm used to the PC version.

EDIT: I did some side by side comparisons to the PS4 version. Xbone has more noticeable aliasing problems, but the lights look like they have more of a glow to them. Textures seem about the same. And I was wrong. I guess the PS4 version still doesn't have any vibration support a year after launch.

Last edited:

DJ Clae

Jun 17, 2012
Megahurtz - Your comment about aliasing really has me wondering. Are we sure this is running at 1080p?

BBIAJ

Jul 31, 2012
I'm pretty sure that you can have a 1080p image being output without any anti-aliasing, if anything, this could be why there is none, given Xbox One's known struggles to hit that resolution.

DJ Clae

Jun 17, 2012
Right. I hope that's what it is. I'm also guessing that this was programmed without the extra GPU clock cycles that the June XDK update freed up.

Last edited:

Megahurtz

Dec 26, 2013
It's not that there is no AA at all, just noticeably less than on PS4. That isn't to say the PS4 is jaggie free either, the pixel crawl on there is just far less pronounced.

Mark Miwurdz

Apr 7, 2012
Just shot a 12 hour Ripleys game. Let the last few balls drain. It registered just under 37b even though I scored around 80b. I have a theory.

Michael DiFilippo

Mar 26, 2012
Tables look better here than ps4. Its very clear they develop on an Xbox first the port over everything. The x1 is tables are so beautiful. Just gotta be more consistent with the PC version.

Missing sound options, etc.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.