Put Your Initial Thoughts Here

TheSlayerNL

Nov 5, 2013
Sound isn't so great though, everything sounds like it's in a really low sampling frequency. And it doesn't seem to be in surround (I run my TV audio through an AV receiver).

Sound could be better on PC too, and even on PC it ain't surround, it seems to be 2.1 at most.

pinsam

Oct 13, 2014
Does anyone else (Xbox One owners) think that Circus Voltaire and Ripley's suffer from occasional lazy framerate and everything seems a bit too "sluggish" at times? Both are very cluttered and visually taxing tables, but surely it's not a hardware issue - this machine is capable of so much more, true "next gen games" prove it. I'm pretty sure they even drop the resolution for CV.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Does anyone else (Xbox One owners) think that Circus Voltaire and Ripley's suffer from occasional lazy framerate and everything seems a bit too "sluggish" at times? Both are very cluttered and visually taxing tables, but surely it's not a hardware issue - this machine is capable of so much more, true "next gen games" prove it. I'm pretty sure they even drop the resolution for CV.

I don't have an XBox One so someone else might answer, but out of interest does the Neon flash on/off now or is it permanently stuck on?

MichRX7

Aug 2, 2012
I've always thought CV was sluggish even on the X360 version. I probably play that table the least just for that reason.

francis247uk

Jul 7, 2012
Just downloaded, have already got it on Android, iOS, Steam, 360 (yes bit of a fanboy for TPA)

The Good:

• Looks, plays and sounds exactly like the PC DX11 version (Although haven't tested all tables for sound)
  • Old UI and theme music - I always wanted the new UI, then when it came out, I wished to have the old one back!

The Bad:

• Comes pre mapped with LB & RB as the flippers - can almost guarantee no one will play it like this. (To change, whilst in game, you have to go to Help/Options, then Settings, then Flipper Control to change to LT & RT)
  • Cannot change room brightness on first page of pause screen, have to go in to "Help & Options" first

The Ugly:

• In game, if you pause and go to "Help & Options" and then "Controls" there is an awful stretched Pinball arcade logo in the top left corner - looks very amateurish but would be a quick fix
  • No 3D

One thing to note is that I found notable flipper lag on my LG TV - which vanished when I put it in the "Game" picture mode - made a massive difference to the enjoyment. Would imagine this would be the same/similar for other makes/models.

In summary, this is a really good version of TPA in my opinion if you can overlook the faults and the long wait between table releases.
It's great having a good looking TPA which you can pick up and play in the lounge quickly on a big screen telly.
Overall, in my opinion the Steam version will always be the one to beat due to the constant updates and bugfixing, but this comes a close second, and is better suited for casual play.
If they fixed the Bad & Ugly points above, it would probably be my favourite - consequently I've rebought all the season packs.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.