NBA Regular Season

invitro

May 4, 2012
I love how everyone was writing Kobe off, and he went right back to being a beast, even at his age. I'm gonna bet he'll win the scoring title, which at his age will be miraculous.

1. Kobe is 36. That is not that old for an all-time great. Probably lots of players have had seasons at age 36 that were much better than Kobe's season so far.

2. He's taking 22 shots per game, the most in the NBA. About half the starters in the NBA would be a "beast" if their coach allowed them to take that many shots.

3. His FG% is 39%, and his 3-point FG% is 28%. Both, of course, are utterly abysmal.

4. His WS48 is .027, which has got to be one of the very worst in the NBA among starters.

Kobe is having a downright dreadful season. It has been much worse than people expected. He is probably one of the worst starters in the NBA right now. (Stephenson, Wiggins, the Jazz's guards, J.R. and Josh Smith, and some of the Sixers appear to be worse.)

The Lakers don't have a chance of even making the playoffs again until Kobe retires.

I have him on a fantasy team though, where his %ages and lack of defense don't hurt, so he's a big plus there.

Last edited:

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
1. Kobe is 36. That is not that old for an all-time great. Probably lots of players have had seasons at age 36 that were much better than Kobe's season so far.

2. He's taking 22 shots per game, the most in the NBA. About half the starters in the NBA would be a "beast" if their coach allowed them to take that many shots.

3. His FG% is 39%, and his 3-point FG% is 28%. Both, of course, are utterly abysmal.

4. His WS48 is .027, which has got to be one of the very worst in the NBA among starters.

Kobe is having a downright dreadful season. It has been much worse than people expected. He is probably one of the worst starters in the NBA right now. (Stephenson, Wiggins, the Jazz's guards, J.R. and Josh Smith, and some of the Sixers appear to be worse.)

The Lakers don't have a chance of even making the playoffs again until Kobe retires.

I have him on a fantasy team though, where his %ages and lack of defense don't hurt, so he's a big plus there.

Of course we're not going to make the playoffs, I never expected as much. In fact, I'm thrilled. The more losses we pile up, the closer we are to that Top 5 pick that we'll keep, instead of sending it to Phoenix. (Steve Nash trade obligations)

As for Kobe, considering people we're writing him off and saying he wouldn't even come close to averaging anything past 12 points, I'll take it. What's he supposed to do with a team full of cast offs and has beens? I understand people want to write Kobe off when he's down, and bash him when he's on, but they can't ever take away his legacy. He's the closest thing to Jordan we've ever seen, as MJ himself has said many times.

I think reality will set in for many once Kobe retires, because we won't see another player like him for a very long time. At the very least, I can enjoy watching him play, because that's the only thing that's watchable when the Lakers are playing these days.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
When your favorite team is not a contender it sure helps to have a player that you enjoy watching even in a loss. I remember Kobe playing high school ball in the Philly area. They used to show his highlights on the local news.

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
Top 10 of the night.

(with Rudy Gobert & Kevin Seraphin)

Last edited:

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
Dwight Howard

senGFZJ.gif

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
He's got the stats and his team is winning, and the other usual suspects are not so much in the spotlight (Lebron needing at least a year with the Cavs, Durant just getting back from injury, Kobe playing hero ball on losing Laker squad. Gasol the younger is playing a heck of a season with the Grizz so he's on the radar). Curry has my vote for now, let's see if they can get deeper in the post season, and if their interior defense holds up against bigget teams then. I like Curry's total game, ball handling, shooting and passing!

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
What an ugly game for the Lakers vs. Indiana.
Another season to forget already.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Well the Kobe Bryant storyline is mildly interesting: getting 3rd position all-time scoring and seeing how he deals with losing and subpar teammates. Losing to an ailing Indiana team is not a good sign, even after a three game winning streak.

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
Just asking...
Where's Lance Stephenson ?
Where's Kenneth Faried ?
Where's Eric Gordon ?
Playing pinball ?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.