Atomic Pinball Collection (APC)

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Had this idea...

012f33413dc14b352f7ef9f13eb90c7b.jpg

Menu items in thumbs reach. Thoughts? Good for tablet play.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
ouch is that lack of AA a result of the photo compression or actual in game rails etc? i assume it just a strange articfact because they ios version only had very minor jaggies

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
It's a good idea.
I'd vote for it.

Still can't activate or open that testing link. Is there a link to 'become a tester'?
I'd love to get the sound issues fixed for Samsung Note 4.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I think they are considering it. The menu system was designed for iOS, and some UI choices don't make sense on Android. Like the in-game back button and system back buttons.

Nov 18, 2016
New update. I'm still having freezing and audio issues. Not sure yet if the nudge function is either too sensitive or simply not useful enough for me. I kept getting Tilt warnings while launching the ball!

So, what do you all think?

* Graphics
- Ball reflects lights properly.

* Compatibility
- Fixed issue that caused crash on Samsung Galaxy S7 et al

* Revenge of the Rob-o-bot
- Reduced tilt angle of table to slow gameplay a little bit.

* Lucha Libre
- Skip multiball animation with trigger

* UI Layout
- Fix for Shield Tablet type devices.

* Tilt/Nudge is provided through
- Shaking the device
- Left analog stick on Shield type devices
- Swiping

* Plunge Control
- Available on right analog stick on Shield type devices.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
New update. I'm still having freezing and audio issues. Not sure yet if the nudge function is either too sensitive or simply not useful enough for me. I kept getting Tilt warnings while launching the ball!

So, what do you all think?

Yeah way too sensitive. I've suggested they tone it down a bit. I think the issue is that the analogue stick doesn't allow for subtle gestures. It's TILT or nothing on the shield tablet.

They also will be taking a look at the button layout per the screenshot mock-up above.

Plunge strength has also been bugged with controller support.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2016
It would be great if there was a basic strategy guide for both tables that explains how each challenge or mission is completed. I'd also love it if the bonuses were clearer in purpose. When Rob-o-bot's brain gives me a laser gun or something, I think "Lovely... but what does that mean?"

By the way... why would anyone want to skip the Masks multiball? It looks amazing and it's fun too. I was a little annoyed this week when I trigged the animation skip by mistake.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
By the way... why would anyone want to skip the Masks multiball? It looks amazing and it's fun too. I was a little annoyed this week when I trigged the animation skip by mistake.

That's probably my fault. I sent them an email saying that after the third time through, the long sequence was getting, well, a little long in the beak.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Just a quick update, the dev has figured out and solved the sound issues occurring on older devices.

I got a quick preview via a beta build and its completely fixed, whearas the spinners were causing some issues previously.

Awesome work by the devs, and much appreciated. Should make it's way into an update soon.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Just a quick update, the dev has figured out and solved the sound issues occurring on older devices.

I got a quick preview via a beta build and its completely fixed, whearas the spinners were causing some issues previously.

Awesome work by the devs, and much appreciated. Should make it's way into an update soon.
I'm still seeing layered BGM during Multiball on Masks.

The looped SFX are fixed on both tables for me. 👍

jhamdotme

Apr 14, 2012
It makes me sad that there hasn’t been post in this sub-forum in almost a year and a half. This collection deserves better than this, and I hope we can see signs of life again from these guys in the future. Their stuff is too good to just fade away into nothingness.

With this in mind, I tried to reach out to Color Monkey. I wanted to suggest that they should have a Kickstarter, or that they should partner up with Zen or Farsight or Arcooda. I have a shiny new cab coming in a few months from Arcooda, and I’d pay $100 just to have these two tables on there in cabinet form, especially if they can take advantage of Arcooda’s new hardware features. I’d happily buy Rob-o-Bot again, for the third time, if it somehow showed up under Zen’s or Farsight’s umbrella.

And maybe Farsight is the best partner here. After the Bally/Williams apocalypse, it would be amazing to inject new life into their product with some high quality originals. I’m not talking about re-skins, like we got with Haunted House and Doctor Who. I want original tables that are every bit as good as what we got in the ‘90s from Williams. I want tables like what we got from Color Monkey here.

Arcooda responded to me, and they’re in. They reached out to Color Monkey long before I suggested this, and they’re still keen to work with them. They asked me to send a message to Color Monkey, and I happily did, but that message seems to have fallen on deaf ears, unfortunately. So here I am, pleading my case, asking for people who feel similarly to help me stuff the mailbox. One person is easy to ignore, but maybe with a few numbers, we can catch their attention, and maybe we can breath new life into this brilliant collection of tables that is sadly capped at two.

Russell Bergman

Feb 29, 2012
I'll give it a shot and contact them. Revenge of the Rob-O-Bot is one of my favorite tables. On my Android phone, besides TPA, SPA, Zen, Atomic Pinball, and Zaccaria, I have Snowball!, Timeshock, PinOut, and Pinball Cadet.....which I hope Arcooda puts all of them in. I saw Snowball is in the Arcooda cabinet.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.