First Impressions

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
Think Season 3 had a way better start than this season

POTO kicked us all in the nuts. Isn't it nice to play a new table with a great flow for a change? I couldn't be happier. It's not like it's the easiest table out there, it just doesn't end in 45 seconds like POTO.

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
I like the tuning on this table. Limited extraballs is great, I wish we had that on all tables.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Finally after three months of break playing TPA ( mostly because of work and playing the hell out of Indiana Jones on VP) I took some time with earthshaker.
Great job farsight!
Beatifully done, very fun and flowy table.
Nothing to complain.
Maybe I give poto a spin now...

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
Okay I actully finally played this.

Ramping out for great justice is doable, but not THAT easy.

the game is definitely easier then real life.

Extra balls are plentiful. Fault ramp is an easy shot. quick multiball is an easy million. captive ball is not a death shot. And the shaker motor doesn't slow balls going up the fault ramp like it should. it should be harder to make it with that shaker on.

A combination of shooting the center ramp a lot (to light quick multiball at the captive ball) and shooting the fault ramp a lot (to spot zones) will serve you well. before long you will be getting more than a million bonus every drained ball.

scoring would be insane if this game has million plus, or even unlimited million in quick multiball (quick multiball effectively auto lights jackpot for only one million, and is 2 ball, but is otherwise like regular multiball)

ALso try to abuse 1.5M jackpot+extra ball. :)

(btw, what IS the limit? there seems to be none that I can find. it's just hard to repeat most of them)

Last edited:

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
Maybe there is no limit, I'm bad at keeping track of ebs :)
Anyone know if scores are posted to leaderboards with rumble off? I think the rumble is pretty cool, but it does make it a little harder.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
EBs are unlimited, you can stack up to 4.

Farming for the 1.5M+EB Jackpot is a frustrating endeavor.

Max bonus is 594K from miles (6x99x1000) + 1.38M from fault trips (69x20000) = 1.976M. You can easily max miles and bonus x on your first ball, maxing fault trips takes a long time but is worth it as you can see it contributes a far more significant proportion of bonus in the long run.

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
Yeah at least ebs are limited in the sense that they are not easily repeatable. Even with the 1.5M+eb jackpot it feels quite hard to go on for very long.

Anyone know if scores are posted to leaderboards with rumble off? I think the rumble is pretty cool, but it does make it a little harder.

Silverball67

Jan 1, 2015
I realize this is off topic but does ANYONE know how to unmask the phantom in POTO?

Sorry, I searched the internet for this issue. No results how to unmask the Phantom. I think, this was just a gimmick in the trailer of this table from Farsight (that´s the only source, where you can see the unmasked Phantom).

Maybe someone else will be more succesful in research, but if unmasking is an ability in the TPA-version, it would be described in the game rules.

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
It's random.
And it's not just a gimmick created by Farsight.
Phantom can be unmasked on real tables.
It ill be difficult to see it in TPA because it's during play on the backglass.

index.php

Last edited:

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
It's random.
And it's not just a gimmick created by Farsight.
Phantom can be unmasked on real tables.
It ill be difficult to see it in TPA because it's during play on the backglass.

index.php

That's Julien. Great photo. I wasn't even aware it was shown in the trailer. I would imagine if they say it can be done that the view would scroll upwards when it happens? Yes? So it totally random? Not some crazy combination shot(s)?

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
Sorry, I searched the internet for this issue. No results how to unmask the Phantom. I think, this was just a gimmick in the trailer of this table from Farsight (that´s the only source, where you can see the unmasked Phantom).

Maybe someone else will be more succesful in research, but if unmasking is an ability in the TPA-version, it would be described in the game rules.

Thank you also for looking. I've asked before but never received one single answer. I thought it was odd since it's mentioned in far sights little blurb about the table. I think all they needed to say was. POTO will kick you in the NUTS period!! 'Nuff said

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
That's Julien. Great photo. I wasn't even aware it was shown in the trailer. I would imagine if they say it can be done that the view would scroll upwards when it happens? Yes? So it totally random? Not some crazy combination shot(s)?

I have no memories of a particular combination of shots to unveil the mask.
And I can say I played this table several times IRL.
I played about 30/40 games of POTO in TPA and I didn't see the view scrolling up to the backglass so far.
I think it's really random yes.

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
I have no memories of a particular combination of shots to unveil the mask.
And I can say I played this table several times IRL.
I played about 30/40 games of POTO in TPA and I didn't see the view scrolling up to the backglass so far.
I think it's really random yes.

Thanks so much for the info. Let me know if it ever happens in TPA. Until then....repeat after me.."must get to 3 million in Genie"

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.