First Impressions

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Let's kick this thing off, eh? The tuning on this table is a touch on the easy side, I'd say. No drain monster, which should please some I guess.

I'm collecting EBs all over the place.

Also, the bonus countdown... aye caramba that goes on a bit once it's maxed, which isn't difficult.

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
Let's kick this thing off, eh? The tuning on this table is a touch on the easy side, I'd say. No drain monster, which should please some I guess.

Also, the bonus countdown... aye caramba that goes on a bit once it's maxed, which isn't difficult.

Earthshaker is not really a drain monster IRL.
And it's quite easy to get EB too.

Nolan

Jan 19, 2014
Pretty easy, but fun. Knocked out Top 5, Standard, and Wizard achievements in 3 successive games.

Turned that ruble **** off for the last one though, didnt seem to change the physics.

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012

Although I've only played the trial on Steam, I think it's pretty decent table. It's very similar to Whirlwind regardless if it was made prior to it. I like Whirlwind one of my favorites from S2. It has it's down side as well. The EB will probably be easily attainable much like WW probably spamming the Right ramp will light EB least for the first one. Although the trial doesn't let you delve into the table It's still fun. I just purchased S2 when it was %50 off on steam so I'll wait on this.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I like Whirlwind better, so far. Mostly nostalgia speaking, mind, I played Whirlwind regularly and dumped plenty of cash in it, whereas I've only recently played Earthshaker at a couple of shows and both tables were sub-optimal, or just plain broken.

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
giphy.gif

sedated

Oct 26, 2014
The ball looks bigger is my first impression.
I thought the same thing. Physics seemed a bit odd and uneven too, yet it's kind of easy... I did a couple trial runs to see if I wanted to buy it, but I got bored both times before I even hit the score limit. I'll give Farsight some props for attempting to simulate the shaker motor, but on my phone it just becomes a gimmick of a gimmick and makes me think someone's calling me.

Also if you're on Android you're going to get hassled with some obnoxious Google Play Games bs with the latest update. I think I managed to turn it off, but not sure.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
Although I've only played the trial on Steam, I think it's pretty decent table. It's very similar to Whirlwind regardless if it was made prior to it. I like Whirlwind one of my favorites from S2. It has it's down side as well. The EB will probably be easily attainable much like WW probably spamming the Right ramp will light EB least for the first one. Although the trial doesn't let you delve into the table It's still fun. I just purchased S2 when it was %50 off on steam so I'll wait on this.

As an owner of both of these tables in real life, I can safely say that those upper flipper ramp shots (left on WW, right on ES) are much more difficult to pull off in real life. The ball doesn't just shoot up them at a million miles per hour. Rollbacks are very common, especially on WW.

The center ramp is very repeatable on both, however.

Last edited:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
A few of the basic settings, pulled from the default Operator menu:
- Light EB at 12 and 60 miles
- Special gives nothing (actually it's still set to Credit)
- Replay gives nothing (again still set to Credit)
- Max EBs = 4. I think this is 4 per game, not per ball in play. Possible EBs are: the aforementioned @ 12 and 60 miles, the first 6x Bonus (obtained by locking a ball 5 times), Jackpot 1.5M+EB (awards EB, doesn't light EB), 3x1 Million shots in Quick Multiball (again awards instead of lights; must start Quick MB at 3 least times, since you can only score the 1M shot once per Quick MB). Only the Jackpot EB is "repeatable" but given the hard limit on EBs you'd be hard-pressed to score this more than once before collecting three others.

Once you've gone through enough MBs that you need to light Zones 1-9 in order for each Lock, you're better off just looping ramps. If you miss and get the ball on the right flipper Zone 5->Fault Ramp is a good move to light another Zone and add to your bonus, though I think Fault Trips max out at some value - I've gone to 61 so far.

Start Multiball if and when you can, a Jackpot is usually worth it, if only to break the monotony of looping ramps.

Last edited:

masterthes

Apr 12, 2014
I don't get this recent trend Farsight is doing with getting rid of the replay

This is a fun and not too difficult table so far. That right ramp shot is a bit of a tough one to make sometimes though

night

May 18, 2012
Despite this table looks as flat as a pancake without any shadows on the iOS, I really like it and the artwork is very nice!

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
Whirlwind all the way for me. This one is easy and that shake gimmick is annoying. Going back to TPZ :D

Kaoru

Mar 29, 2012
Played it a few times and it seems to be a pretty cool table that will give you a fun time once you start to get really into it.

...but here's the thing:

The "Coming soon!" announcement in the rules section is... how should I put it... really quite something. Okay, so the guy who usually does these rule sheets had no time to do these due to an emergency matter - but why I do I have to get that information from other posters on forums? Why isn't it in the news field that pops up when you start the game? Or why not delay the pack for a week? Why couldn't anyone else at Farsight write it? Was there really no time for ANYONE there to write a text that approximately fills about two A4 sheets? I mean... what's next? A game without artwork? One without flippers? Or a ball even? Sound? Does this mean they're going to release packs no matter what? This is exactly the kind of thing that damages Farsight's reputation and creates unsatisfied customers.

So... yeah, there's this voice urging me to shoot for the shelter, but I have absolutely no idea where it might be. And I've got no rules to look up to find out what I'm supposed to do.

And at the same time the problem of the powerless extra flipper still prevails. About 2 out of 3 times the ball still goes right through it - a problem that has been going with the game since day one.

The physics have become so damn slippery by now that ball control is near impossible. It feels as if you're just flipping all over the place instead of consiously aiming for something. And a trapped ball doesn't necessarily mean a trapped ball.

Not happy.

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
I think there would be howls of protest either way:

* release the table without the Instructions
or
* delay the table until Instructions are finished.

At least this way, we have the table released.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.