Historic pinball tables you'd like in TPA

weirdproq

Sep 19, 2013
I'd like some more historic pinball tables to come to TPA sometime. It's very nice we got a prototype machine (even if it is Goin' Nuts), and nice we got a lot of other tables, and are getting the best selling pinball of all time, The Addams Family. I just hope we get some more, like Checkpoint (the first pinball table released with a DMD), or Gottlieb's Cleopatra (the first SS pinball that was mass produced, aka way more than aprox. 10 made, and only about the third SS Numeric display pinball table out at the time (I think)), or Gottlieb's Space Walk (the last real EM pinball machine with flippers (same game as Count-Down, but 2 player), the last one came out in 1980 by Bally, but was just a bingo pinball table called Malibu Beach).

Here's the neat backglass on Space Walk (it has two reviews on IPDB that give it high scores):
image-1.jpg

Here's Count-down's backglass, but I personally think the one on Space Walk looks better:
573f2.jpg

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
Flash - First table with bachground 'music'...more like tones to annoy/make one nervous.
Whichever SS table that was first to use the xylophone music when you put in quarters.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Flash - First table with bachground 'music'...more like tones to annoy/make one nervous.
Whichever SS table that was first to use the xylophone music when you put in quarters.

Laser War (1987) would be pretty cool for TPA... First pinball with digital stereo, also the first Data East

...and another first, the first pinball to be based on a movie theme, 'Wizard' (Bally, 1975). From the movie 'Tommy'

Or what about 'Hercules' as the largest pinball machine ever made. Too bad it's by Atari though, and also it wouldn't translate well to a digital format.

karl

May 10, 2012
- Xenon (first table with a ramp)
- Catacomb (first table with an interactive backglass)

Many much older games than those had ramps (but more half baked, none essential, novelty kind of ramps and nothing like the splendor of Xenon) and interactive backglasses. (interactive backglasses was uses in the 60' at least)

And of course the obvious: First game using flash lamps ;)

Steve Ritchie was a great innovator when it came to introducing new features on his games

Last edited:

k88dad

Nov 9, 2012
  • Spirit of 76 (in its New York version) was the table that celebrated the return of pinball to NYC after a 30+ year ban.
  • Chicago Cubs Triple Play was the first alphanumeric.
  • Mars God of War had the first "under the ramp" shot (where the ramp lifts.)

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
  • Spirit of 76 (in its New York version) was the table that celebrated the return of pinball to NYC after a 30+ year ban.
  • Chicago Cubs Triple Play was the first alphanumeric.
  • Mars God of War had the first "under the ramp" shot (where the ramp lifts.)

I thought High Speed was the first alphanumeric....

I'm kind of surprised they haven't made Checkpoint.

tyche

Oct 6, 2012
What was the first celebrity or license IP pinball. Like Elton John or Giligan's Island as example tables.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
I thought High Speed was the first alphanumeric....

I'm kind of surprised they haven't made Checkpoint.

They probably will eventually. I predict at some point, Farsight will make a slew of early unlicensed Data East games and provoke an outcry similar to the Great Gottlieb Plague of Season 2.

MDUDE3st

Jan 2, 2015
- Baffle Ball & Play-Boy (Gottlieb 1931-32) - These pinball machines helped launch Gottlieb
- Humpty Dumpty (Gottlieb 1947) - The first pinball machine with EM flippers

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
They probably will eventually. I predict at some point, Farsight will make a slew of early unlicensed Data East games and provoke an outcry similar to the Great Gottlieb Plague of Season 2.
I doubt that. They don't even make early Sterns which are way more popular.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.